'Batman: Year One' adaptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh that's just so silly IMO - all this rebooting they do in the comics... How can he be 35 and have a mid 20s Nightwing as his adopted son:cuckoo:

Anyway, i've not been keeping up with the Bat comics since the 'death' of Bruce Wayne... been meaning to... but its just not the same anymore (comics that is, I know Bruce is supposedly back now)

I'd never really thought about it much to be honest but thats a good point. I never read Nightwing so never really paid attention to his age or anything but the few times i've read his character in Batman or Detective he seemed at least 20. So even if yo say Batman was 30 when he took Grayson in, he'd now be at least 40. Hmm, guess thats comics for you. :lol

I never really read the "death of bruce wayne" storyline though either, although i have been meaning to get batman and son and see if i can get into it. The whole storyline just seems a bit much though, not sure if i'd enjoy it.

It's not that interesting to be quite honest, I find Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps to be the only consistently readable series these days

Oh and on another note - Nightwing is one of my favourite characters, love the look and also just his comic personality, seriously need a good 1/6 representation of him

It's not that interesting to be quite honest, I find Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps to be the only consistently readable series these days

Really? Then could you tell me wtf is going on in those books right now, cause I'm just about totally lost. Is Krona using the baddie that Guy & co. were dealing with in Emerald Warriors to control the corps? When and why did Hal round up the different ring-leaders (for lack of a better term) and what did they think they were going to do with that book? What's the guardians' beef w/ Hal? The last ish I read was Emerald Warriors 8, so maybe more is explained in the more recent issues. (don't want to hijack this thread, so we could take it to PM or a thread in the DC section).

Also, how do you pronounce Atrocitus?

Hahaha damn. I am about 6 months behind in my GL reading, so maybe check with me in 6 months lol!

Sounds like a lot has happened!

I'm sure The Mike can fill you in, he's our resident expert

Hahaha damn. I am about 6 months behind in my GL reading, so maybe check with me in 6 months lol!

Whoops! In that case...
spoileralert300w.jpg

:slap :lol

Oh and on another note - Nightwing is one of my favourite characters, love the look and also just his comic personality, seriously need a good 1/6 representation of him

To be honest i was never a fan of Robin, and thus never really bothered with Grayson in general. It was Tim Drake that first made me actually like the idea of Robin. From his whole introduction and his personality, i really liked him as a character, before he even became Robin. Loved it. But i think if i was to read Nightwing i'd probably like Grayson. And yeah, the costume is very cool.

Anywho, back to Year One, Im really hoping this turns out well. Would be great to see a few adaptations of other books, making a sort of timeline, maybe making The Man Who Laughs, and The Long Halloween etc.

Hope it's not just 70 minutes long like the majority of DC animated features.

:exactly:

This is one feature that deserves to push 2 hours. I have liked the DC Universe DVDs but they are short. B:Year One is a classic. If they can't bring themselves to do justice on this one they never will on future projects. If they skip a bunch of story then what was the whole point? (someone shouts the obvious "to make a buttload of money!")

I'd rather they skip the 10 minute shorts and put that same money toward the main feature.

Really don't like Batman's voice. It sounds like it's closing on him or like he's got a fat tongue whenever he says certain things. Most notably words beginning with a C. Other than that it's looking good.

Yay for you. Another gritty Origin story. Yay. I'm so excited.:slap:gah:

As opposed to what? A long excuse to draw as many different DCU characters as possible without a decent story to back it up? "Yay for you"? :dunno

There are so many Batman stories that should be given the animated treatment long before Hush even gets considered.

Back