Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this yesterday from BBTS. Been on the fence for months now. Emailed them and asked about their return policy on this item. She said that there have been a several returns because of missing/broken pieces. Full refund or exchange for another. Its like I'm already expecting something bad, but decided to take the chance anyway, its just to dynamic a piece to not have in my collection. Wish me luck, UPS has it arriving Friday. :pray:

Good luck, buddy! ;)

I hope this works out or everyone who ordered... I cancelled mine and just acquired a blue/grey 1st off eBay. Paid a hefty premium, but I'm excited. Full disclosure= I'm more of a blue/grey fan anyway.

First edition is the best...no doubt in my mind...BUT this version, to me, is still cool. I took the chance after I watched a few Youtube vids recently, looked amazing and no issues. I even emailed BBTS to open up the box and check it before sending it to me... they replied with many of the broken pieces were the result of transit and bad handling....

Well,

just received the statue and Batman's arm is broken from Crocs grip, a common break from what I understand. Sucks. :gah:

The rest of the statue is perfect. I am really tempted to bond the pieces together using epoxy, its a clean break. Or just return it, get another one and keep playing that game hoping its not gonna be worse than this. Any thoughts?

Well,

just received the statue and Batman's arm is broken from Crocs grip, a common break from what I understand. Sucks. :gah:

The rest of the statue is perfect. I am really tempted to bond the pieces together using epoxy, its a clean break. Or just return it, get another one and keep playing that game hoping its not gonna be worse than this. Any thoughts?

I really love this piece but that arm break is so common that its keeping me from buying it. BBTS has really great customer service from what I've seen, so I'd have them send you another and see if its better.

Definitely let us know what you decide to do and how it comes out. I've recently started considering this piece and have thought about going thru BBTS to get one.

So I decided to bond the 2 pieces together using quick drying epoxy. Came out perfect. Except for the "gummy" mouth and lack of some shading this piece is awesome. Every angle gives you something new to look at. I have no regrets or buyers remorse. The problem seems to be either with the arm attaching to crocs grip or the sewer cover/rocks, both are parts that can snap easily, most likley in transit.
I contacted BBTS, and as usual their customer service is second to none. They gave me the option to return it, or a $30 credit to my next purchase.
Im keeping the piece. Took the credit. :)

Ordered one from BBTS last month and it arrived with no issues. Looks great. Totally satisfied with it.

A few quick pics of my in progress re-paint I love the sculpt and dynamics of this piece but the paint was so flat! Croc is almost finished, Batman I wanted to change to a more metallic suit so is only in base colours ,I may still lighten him back up to grey still undecided. Then onto the base!

Resurrecting an old thread but hoping for some help. Just received this statue today (my birthday), very happy but having trouble with assembly.

I believe the first edition and earlier versions of the second were packaged as a single piece, mine is packaged as three pieces. The base with croc, the gotham sewer manhole and batman. The manhole slots into Crocs side np. Bats is meant to slot in at two points, his foot on crocs chest and his upper arm into crocs fist. The upper arm fits in ok but the foot is no where near crocs chest.

I am wondering if others have received their statues like this, in three sections and have had difficulty with assembly.

Some photos, statue in 3 pieces in box (plastic bags removed), two pics showing assembled statue with gap at chest.

IMG_5513.JPG
IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5516 orig.JPG

I had the 2nd edition (sold it a few months ago) and it was all one piece. No assembly was required. I hate to say it but you might have a recasted statue.

I had the 2nd edition (sold it a few months ago) and it was all one piece. No assembly was required. I hate to say it but you might have a recasted statue.

Hopefully not, I bought it on Ebay US from a good seller (100%, 24k rep, member since 2000) that only sells collectibles, and had to pay a tidy sum in total, shipping, duty etc. to Ireland.

filip629, can I ask, hopefully you remember, did your 2nd edition have a edition number. I think it was an ES of 2500 and on youtube unboxing vids people mention their number but I cannot find a number anywhere on this.

Mine was one piece statue.

I love this piece!

It's not the best quality made statue, but it's one of my favourite Batman statue ever!!

Hi Uncle Bingo, I had thought that too. I read that a common complaint was batarangs breaking off and arm as you say, but on the other hand this was an ES of 2500, would they not have made all 2500 since 2013 and would still have the edition number XXXX of 2500 on the box, that was my thinking anyway. I called DC collectibles but since I didn't buy from them or have an account they wouldn't help out. The statue cast and paint app are excellent so my first thought was a repackaging. I have asked the seller for more info.

Hi All, spoke to the seller. I have no doubt on their side, they have sold 3 types of this statue over the years, and they open and inspect every statue before shipping. 1st ed. (blue/grey), 2nd ed. (blk/grey) in a single piece and stamped and a third version or 2nd ed. Mk. II, to be assembled and these are not stamped. He mentioned this may be the second run, 1251 to 2500 but not numbered. This may also be why my box art has newer statues on the reverse and text also in French.

I just looked at mine and it is indeed one piece and there is an edition number on the bottom of the base. Unfortunately I also discovered that the batarang from Killer Croc's shoulder is now missing. :mad:

I had such a **** time with this piece. I went through 4 before I just said screw it. All of them were broken when arrived.

Back