Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so grateful Lee at Collectiblesdirect sorted me out with a mint version of this statue, got a house move soon though and am dreading moving it incase I cause damage myself :panic:

They are the EXACT same faces. There are things about the 1st version I do like better. However, there are things about the 2nd version I like better as well. The cape flairing out at the edges and the paint on the cape and mask all look better to me on the 2nd version. Croc's paint job and the shading on Bats grey costume is better on the 1st version. I do agree that the 1st version has a better overall paint job but the 2nd version I have on display is nothing to sneeze at. My piece turned out very nice. Could it have been better and look more like the prototype we were shown? Sure. However, I'm quite happy with mine.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. The face paint looked very lifeless and flat on the 2nd version. It literally just looks like a clump on flesh tone paint was plopped on.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. The face paint looked very lifeless and flat on the 2nd version. It literally just looks like a clump on flesh tone paint was plopped on.

That's not a problem. We don't have to agree. I have the piece and I'm happy with it. As I said, it could have been better but it sure looks good on my shelf.

I'm so grateful Lee at Collectiblesdirect sorted me out with a mint version of this statue, got a house move soon though and am dreading moving it incase I cause damage myself :panic:

I went through that about 3 years ago. Had to box up the entire collection and move to my new house. What a pain in the @$$. Good luck with the move and keeping the dio and your other pieces intact. Getting a mint dio to begin with is hard enough. Damaging it during the move would be heartbreaking. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly.

Hey Freaks!!! Just thought I would share this re-paint of the Batman/Killer Croc Statue I did.

One of my good friends who's also a client of mine asked me to re-paint this for his son for X-Mas.

I got a text Christmas Day from his son saying thank you and that he absolutely loved it!

Thanks for checkin it out!

Al :)

batcroc1.JPG

batcroc2.JPG

batcroc3.JPG

batcroc4.JPG

batcroc5.JPG

batcroc6.JPG

batcroc7.JPG

^loolks really good adegregorio!! I like how vibrant croc is, he really stands out.

Awesome!

Can't wait to receive mine so I can repaint it as well ;)

Great job, man

You are going to love this dio. Ray Villafane is one of my very favorite sculptors and he just nailed this piece. Once you get your talented hands on it and give it the paint job it deserves, it'll look magnificent. Make sure you post pics DS. Your work just keeps getting better with every new piece we see from you.

Thanks, bro! That means a lot. really

Mad props to adegregorio for a truly amazing repaint :rock:

Hey Freaks!!! Just thought I would share this re-paint of the Batman/Killer Croc Statue I did.

One of my good friends who's also a client of mine asked me to re-paint this for his son for X-Mas.

I got a text Christmas Day from his son saying thank you and that he absolutely loved it!

Thanks for checkin it out!

Al :)

View attachment 91921

View attachment 91922

View attachment 91923

View attachment 91924

View attachment 91925

View attachment 91926

View attachment 91927

WOW!!!! Your Repaint makes this statue a truly brilliant piece. I always liked it. I think it's DC directs best work... You Paint apps take it to a whole new level!!!

Just ordered this yesterday from BBTS. Been on the fence for months now. Emailed them and asked about their return policy on this item. She said that there have been a several returns because of missing/broken pieces. Full refund or exchange for another. Its like I'm already expecting something bad, but decided to take the chance anyway, its just to dynamic a piece to not have in my collection. Wish me luck, UPS has it arriving Friday. :pray:

Back