Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't they do any shading on his abdomen in the actual production piece is my question.

It doesn't need any. If the "real" Batman was fighting Killer Croc, he would have shading painted on his abdomen. So why would a fully three dimensional statue that casts its own shadows need shading panted on? It makes no sense. In my opinion. YMMV.

Hey guys, have you ever deal with DCBS customer service?

I received mine last week but Batman was deattached from croc so I sent it back, now its my 4th email with no word from them...

Hey guys, have you ever deal with DCBS customer service?

I received mine last week but Batman was deattached from croc so I sent it back, now its my 4th email with no word from them...

Nevermind, they just answered repleacement will be sent when they have a new one.

Not a fan of DCBS...

It's the shading that makes it look real instead of a toy...just doesn't look as good as it should, but it's not terrible either.

T, why don't you like DCBS? Just trying to gather some feedback...

DCBS sent me a label to return mine

I opened the statue and batmans arms was broken from where he attaches to Croc

DCBS is great and cheap but this statue was dissapointing due to the preview pics vs final product

Just trying to gather some feedback...

I have ordered all of my DC and Bowen merch from them and never had a problem. I just received this dio and the Arkham City Bats statue and they both arrived in good condition. I only received one broken statue from them over the years and they did replace it. In all of my years of collecting, I haven't found any other merchant that has better pricing or shipping costs. I picked up this dio and the AC Bats for $297 shipped. I believe retail for both is $425 and that doesn't include shipping.

This dio is notoriously bad for breaking. The 1st edition, as well as this one, have had a lot of problems with damage. I hope DCBS can take care of you and get you a good replacement. Let us know how everything turns out.

DCBS sent me a label to return mine

I opened the statue and batmans arms was broken from where he attaches to Croc

DCBS is great and cheap but this statue was dissapointing due to the preview pics vs final product

Yeah, this isn't a DCBS issue. Unfortunately, DC collectibles QC is horrible. Especially on this dio. Many retailers are having problems with this statue. I feel very fortunate that mine arrived in one piece.

I have ordered all of my DC and Bowen merch from them and never had a problem. I just received this dio and the Arkham City Bats statue and they both arrived in good condition. I only received one broken statue from them over the years and they did replace it. In all of my years of collecting, I haven't found any other merchant that has better pricing or shipping costs. I picked up this dio and the AC Bats for $297 shipped. I believe retail for both is $425 and that doesn't include shipping.

This dio is notoriously bad for breaking. The 1st edition, as well as this one, have had a lot of problems with damage. I hope DCBS can take care of you and get you a good replacement. Let us know how everything turns out.

Thanks for the feedback filip!

Received my replacement today!!! The good news is it's worse than the first one in every way! The bad news is I need to go to the UPS store again. :( Should I just forget this piece and get the refund?

I received my piece today.
Come all the way down from Ny to Brazil.
It is in perfect shape, aside from minor paint issues.
You got two broken statues ?

Received my replacement today!!! The good news is it's worse than the first one in every way! The bad news is I need to go to the UPS store again. :( Should I just forget this piece and get the refund?

BampKC.png

Guess it'll be better to save money for the original now.

But the paint is miles above the 2nd edition. God damn look at that granny face. :lol

They are the EXACT same faces. There are things about the 1st version I do like better. However, there are things about the 2nd version I like better as well. The cape flairing out at the edges and the paint on the cape and mask all look better to me on the 2nd version. Croc's paint job and the shading on Bats grey costume is better on the 1st version. I do agree that the 1st version has a better overall paint job but the 2nd version I have on display is nothing to sneeze at. My piece turned out very nice. Could it have been better and look more like the prototype we were shown? Sure. However, I'm quite happy with mine.

They are the EXACT same faces. There are things about the 1st version I do like better. However, there are things about the 2nd version I like better as well. The cape flairing out at the edges and the paint on the cape and mask all look better to me on the 2nd version. Croc's paint job and the shading on Bats grey costume is better on the 1st version. I do agree that the 1st version has a better overall paint job but the 2nd version I have on display is nothing to sneeze at. My piece turned out very nice. Could it have been better and look more like the prototype we were shown? Sure. However, I'm quite happy with mine.

Well said filip. I never bought the first version but I did get the re-release and I love it. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.

Back