Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repainting her face would probably cost $200 to $300. That makes this an expensive statue.

If the sculpt was 99% gal (I mean prime 1 level likeness) then I would be prepared to spend a couple hundred on getting it repainted. That custom job looks great, but is still not gal to me

So they fixed the free shipping issue and I ordered.

Seems too good a deal to miss @ $306 shipped.
When did they start allowing reward points to be combined with a discount code?

Just after the website fiasco. Not sure if it was meant to be that way or if it's a glitch with their new website.

Great statue with sub par face painting- Sideshow should have concentrated on getting that part done better and they would have sold a lot more...

Great statue with sub par face painting- Sideshow should have concentrated on getting that part done better and they would have sold a lot more...

Or offer $50 off, free shipping and the option to add reward points.
Worked for me and arrives Tuesday. Fingers crossed..

Just after the website fiasco. Not sure if it was meant to be that way or if it's a glitch with their new website.

Website fiasco?

Been pursuing other interests recently. Statue collecting got way too expensive.

The recent SSC website upgrade was a fiasco ...it caused a lot of issues. Being able to combine reward points with discount codes is one of the issues. SSC is fixing it.

The recent SSC website upgrade was a fiasco ...it caused a lot of issues. Being able to combine reward points with discount codes is one of the issues. SSC is fixing it.

holy crap, I just tried my account and it says it doesn't exist. is this normal? is the site that messed up?

Oh, thanks for the info.
Was surprised it gave me the option otherwise I'd of probably never used my reward points.

lol @ paying for a repaint, that's like buying a new car then spending more to have it painted a different color. Money should be more valuable to you than that. Its literally like flushing money down the toilet. How about just waiting for a dealership that gets the car with the color you want in stock, or in this case just buy prime 1 version or another wonder woman statue that has a good paint job to begin with.

lol @ paying for a repaint, that's like buying a new car then spending more to have it painted a different color. Money should be more valuable to you than that. Its literally like flushing money down the toilet. How about just waiting for a dealership that gets the car with the color you want in stock, or in this case just buy prime 1 version or another wonder woman statue that has a good paint job to begin with.

How is it flushing money down the drain when youre getting exactly what you want? If a piece is near perfect to the owner, and all it needs for it to be 100% perfect is a repaint, and the owner has the money for it, then whats the big deal? Now the owner has exactly what he wants and doesnt have to wait an eternity for another company to release something thats never coming.

Also, car modders and tuners and whatnot would like to have a word with you.

How is it flushing money down the drain when youre getting exactly what you want? If a piece is near perfect to the owner, and all it needs for it to be 100% perfect is a repaint, and the owner has the money for it, then whats the big deal? Now the owner has exactly what he wants and doesnt have to wait an eternity for another company to release something thats never coming.

Also, car modders and tuners and whatnot would like to have a word with you.

i think you missunderstood me. There is a big difference between buying a new car (factory new not new used lol) then immediately paying more money to have it repainted a different color instead of just buying it in the color you wanted to begin with, then it is to have a new car tuned or modded with after market parts. The repaint adds absolutely no value, the mod and tuning does, spending 3k to repaint it red when you could have just driven to a different dealership or waited for the dealership to get it in red is not a wise financial move.

From a cost perspective it isnt worth it either, youll spend just as much if not more than just buying the prime 1 1/3 scale statue. Even if it ends up costing you $100-200 less then prime 1 in total its still a bad deal imo because of the smaller real estate. Lastly if the piece was indeed “nearly perfect” you wouldnt have to spend $300 (to fix something that cost what 550) or more to make it perfect, near perfect would be like a custom cape or minor accessory, not a full paint job overhaul. But you are right people can do whatver they want with their money and should spend it on things that make them happy (that’s what moneys for). I should have worded that post differently. I am an accountant by trade, i can’t help myself sometimes lol..

The car analogy doesn't really work as people might like the way this piece looks except for the head. No point waiting for another statue that looks the same as it's not going to happen. Therefore pay to get it repainted if you are happy paying for it :dunno

Cost doesn't come into it, or whether it's 'worth it' as this is subjective

Back