Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want something fun then? Try going back to Revenge of the Sith after years of the Harmy OT and now TFA. I tried it a couple months back. I stomached it for about 15 minutes before having to shut it off. :lol

I still feel like th smart play would be to resign the PT to the "Legends" status that the EU stuff is part of and do a full reboot. Keep the good, toss out the bad; everybody wins.

I always appreciated the musical score and the Smallville stuff in MoS, minus lolnado. Everything else was a problem for me and BvS isn't going to change that.

I watched MOS the night before seeing BvS.

There's some great stuff in it:

-Superman's first flight is incredible
-Costner would indeed have been a great Pa Kent if not for some of the stuff he says and his suicide
-love the scene where he says young Clark playing with a pretend cape on
-Michael Shannon is great as Zod
-love the very last scene where Clark is introduced at the Daily Planet (its just that a jovial scene like that after the carnage and death beforehand is just very jarring)

Overall though I just can't get fully on board with this Superman and DCCU. It just goes about it in a way that is incorrect to me.

I also thought Shannon was great casting, from an acting POV (even if his size had to be significantly enhanced by the suit). Would have liked to see more of him in another context--say, Legion of Doom.

Never liked the Tornado sequence, either. And it was even worse in the script. Pa Kent had some lines of dialogue before being swept away that were beyond cringe-inducing.
This had me Googling for the script, only to find it isn't online apparently. I did find Drew McWeeny reporting on a leaked, early version of the script that actually just turns out to be fan fiction :lol

Early MAN OF STEEL Script Treatment Differs Greatly from Finished Film | Collider

“I bought it because I wanted to buy it,” reporter Drew McWeeny said in his honest explanation of why they ran the story.

I always think of MOS as the Mr. Bean version of Superman. His symbol stand for hope, he's here to help, yet at the end the city was destroyed, the villain was dead and none of it was his fault.

-Costner would indeed have been a great Pa Kent if not for some of the stuff he says and his suicide
-love the very last scene where Clark is introduced at the Daily Planet
I agree with these.

I still feel like th smart play would be to resign the PT to the "Legends" status that the EU stuff is part of and do a full reboot. Keep the good, toss out the bad; everybody wins.

Agreed. Keep the PT in circulation so they can keep making money off of it but label them "Legends" and just have Rogue One be the new Episode III or whatever.

I watched MOS the night before seeing BvS.

-Superman's first flight is incredible
-Michael Shannon is great as Zod
-love the very last scene where Clark is introduced at the Daily Planet (its just that a jovial scene like that after the carnage and death beforehand is just very jarring)

Overall though I just can't get fully on board with this Superman and DCCU. It just goes about it in a way that is incorrect to me.

And how did Clark get the job anyways? Dont you need references or maybe a degree to become a journalist/reporter?

You certainly don't need any specific degree, but it would be strange for a major city newspaper to hire someone on as a reporter without experiences, credentials, or references to support it.

Because he's kinda hawt.

"Meet our new employee, Clark Kent. He'll be sitting here coloring in his coloring book because hawt." - Perry White

You haven't watched Daredevil S2 huh?

Nor the first season. lol

You certainly don't need any specific degree, but it would be strange for a major city newspaper to hire someone on as a reporter without experiences, credentials, or references to support it.

I checked and supposedly he's a freelance reporter/journalist. So he wouldnt need a degree but would have to show examples of well written articles that he's done (which the movies shows how much of a great writer he is)

Maybe Lois Lane vouched for him after she took some dictation?

LOL

He murdered the last guy so there was an opening.

Zod worked for the Daily Planet?

Back