Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched MOS the night before seeing BvS.

There's some great stuff in it:

-Superman's first flight is incredible
-Costner would indeed have been a great Pa Kent if not for some of the stuff he says and his suicide
-love the scene where he says young Clark playing with a pretend cape on
-Michael Shannon is great as Zod
-love the very last scene where Clark is introduced at the Daily Planet (its just that a jovial scene like that after the carnage and death beforehand is just very jarring)

Overall though I just can't get fully on board with this Superman and DCCU. It just goes about it in a way that is incorrect to me.

I think I am one of the few that did not like the flight scene.. I blame the music during that part. I like the new theme they made for Superman but I don't like that flight theme at all.

I really think I am the only one who hated Michael Shannon as Zod. I just got tired of listening to him go on and on. Something about his voice in that film. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree with the other points. the quieter moments in MOS were by far the best.

I watched MOS the night before seeing BvS.

There's some great stuff in it:

-Superman's first flight is incredible
-Costner would indeed have been a great Pa Kent if not for some of the stuff he says and his suicide
-love the scene where he says young Clark playing with a pretend cape on
-Michael Shannon is great as Zod
-love the very last scene where Clark is introduced at the Daily Planet (its just that a jovial scene like that after the carnage and death beforehand is just very jarring)

Overall though I just can't get fully on board with this Superman and DCCU. It just goes about it in a way that is incorrect to me.

Yup, just like Batman v Superman has a few great elements and cool ideas to it.

I feel like the Batmobile Chase, in its entirety, really needs to be made into a video with that music.

The Batmobile scene is awful so I could totally see that. :lol

I don't get why Batman cables the thug's car. I don't get the slow mo shots of it crashing through boats and walls like a video game. I don't even get the point of the scene other than "hey, we have Batman, we gotta use the Batmobile". I feel bad for the people that poured their hearts and souls into designing and producing the actual Batmobile. In different hands in a different scene, I know it would be better.

Remember seeing this and getting hyped,

When I saw it in the actual movie? I felt nothing. Hopefully they make good use of it in Suicide Squad.

Also, am I the only one that thought they shot Batman like crap in the Batmobile interior shots? He looks stupid like he doesn't even fit in the damn thing. It looks like he's laying inside of it and is uncomfortable as hell. There are tight shots on his face and body and it just seems awkward.

That's the one nice thing about Affleck directing his own Batman film, I bet he'll be able to shoot and make his Batman elements better than he appears in BvS where someone else's vision was at play.

Last edited:
I think I am one of the few that did not like the flight scene.. I blame the music during that part. I like the new theme they made for Superman but I don't like that flight theme at all.

I really think I am the only one who hated Michael Shannon as Zod. I just got tired of listening to him go on and on. Something about his voice in that film. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree with the other points. the quieter moments in MOS were by far the best.
JAWS and I seeing eye to eye on lots of stuff lately. I completely agree with you about the flight scene in MoS. It left me completely underwhelmed and emotionally flat. I've seen people say they cried during that scene which is just baffling to me. I thought the flying scenes in BvS were much much better.

Yup, just like Batman v Superman has a few great elements and cool ideas to it.

The Batmobile scene is awful so I could totally see that. :lol

I don't get why Batman cables the thug's car. I don't get the slow mo shots of it crashing through boats and walls like a video game. I don't even get the point of the scene other than "hey, we have Batman, we gotta use the Batmobile". I feel bad for the people that poured their hearts and souls into designing and producing the actual Batmobile. In different hands in a different scene, I know it would be better.

Remember seeing this and getting hyped,

When I saw it in the actual movie? I felt nothing. Hopefully they make good use of it in Suicide Squad.

Also, am I the only one that thought they shot Batman like crap in the Batmobile interior shots? He looks stupid like he doesn't even fit in the damn thing. It looks like he's laying inside of it and is uncomfortable as hell. There are tight shots on his face and body and it just seems awkward.

That's the one nice thing about Affleck directing his own Batman film, I bet he'll be able to shoot and make his Batman elements better than he appears in BvS where someone else's vision was at play.

It wasn't a very memorable sequence. The coolest part was seeing Batman with the riffle and when he says, "Tell me, do you bleed?" I think the batmobile sequence from BB was better, even if the design of the car isn't cool looking.

I've seen people say they cried during that scene which is just baffling to me. I thought the flying scenes in BvS were much much better.

When I saw Batman v Superman opening night, there was a chick crying in the row in front of me during the Superman funeral with the funeral procession imagery in the city/kansas and bagpipes playing with people's candle lit reaction shots. She was laughing too like "what's wrong with me, why am I crying haha". I think certain imagery and music resonate with people, even if it's artificial. The Superman funeral is cheap in that way. I wish we had a Superman that you care and felt for the characters when he died.

A lot of this stuff is well shot with great cinematography. Most of the actual Batman and Superman fight is great. Zach Snyder came from commercials and music videos, so in that regard he knows his stuff,

Last edited:
When I saw Batman v Superman opening night, there was a chick crying in the row in front of me during the Superman funeral with the funeral procession imagery in the city/kansas and bagpipes playing with people's candle lit reaction shots. She was laughing too like "what's wrong with me, why am I crying haha". I think certain imagery and music resonate with people, even if it's artificial. The Superman funeral is cheap in that way. I wish we had a Superman that you care and felt for the characters when he died.
This funeral made me cry.

I'd like to see Metropolis' violent death statistics from the year before Superman showed up and compare to his time as it's active hero.

I'm just saying...him dying isn't the worst thing that could happen to the city.

Having Amazing Grace play on bagpipes is pretty much a guaranteed way to make anyone's on-screen death emotional, regardless of whether they "earned" it or not.
I remember Backdraft did it but I don't recall which character it was for. Was it Deniro?

Yes Supes' death was very "Backdrafty" but without the touching "who's your brother" in the ambulance. Russell was also an iffy "is he good or not" character prior to his death so maybe Snyder looked to him as inspiration for how Superman should live and die.

Saddest on-screen death I've seen as an adult? Hmm. Probably Forrest Gump standing at Jenny's grave and Ellie at the beginning of Up.

Forrest Gump depresses me. The love of his life leaves him countless times, comes back with his child, marries him finally and then immediately dies.

Back