Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love watchmen and I don't mind Snyder films at all. This one just seemed off to me for some reason and I don't know if I like it or hate it. I can find the ups and downs but I just cannot pick out my feelings on it as a whole for myself. I'm stumped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I've maintained a lot of good will towards Snyder based on Watchmen. Tonight I felt like it finally ran out. I don't feel like he's totally to blame - I still think he is a tremendous visual storyteller - but I wouldn't give a movie a look based on his association anymore.

I've maintained a lot of good will towards Snyder based on Watchmen. Tonight I felt like it finally ran out. I don't feel like he's totally to blame - I still think he is a tremendous visual storyteller - but I wouldn't give a movie a look based on his association anymore.
I highly agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was not a fan. It was a terrible movie IMO, almost walked out after an hour and wish I had. It is all over the place and just boring with no suspense or drama. I can't believe they approved making that movie.

At least DC has the two best superhero shows ever made with Flash and Arrow! Those rock.

This movie, even with all of its faults, is way better than Arrow IMO.

I enjoyed the film and it's darker, more adult tone. I was never expecting it to be light and fun and filled with jokes.

I thought the action was superb and the film was visually stunning. Wonder Woman and Batman were the standouts for me.

I did think the film was all over the place and I didn't like the way it was edited. I also didn't like Lex. He was just as bad as the trailers made him seem.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw all the comic book references, what I loved about this movie was that it doesn't need explanation, and it worked, society now days need explanations and background for everything, they want it on a platter, just like video games where "instincts" are a lazy way of Hey here's the stuff you need.

I honestly I still can't find myself explaining how I feel after I saw it. Love and hate at the same time.
It's funny seeming the reactions after the film, 95% of people waiting to piss or just walking out from the theater were like "I LOVED IT" screw the critics...

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Fre

What, the videogame visuals? Can't say I'd miss those.

No, when I think of Watchmen I'm thinking about the real stuff. Just good camera moves, good framing, color, composition, blocking. He totally gets that.

In MOS and BVS, yes, the video-gamey, weightless, cartoon CGI is everywhere.

Been reading comics since at least 1984. :wave

I don't think I missed anything.
Well that's good to hear. That's a shame you didn't like it. I would love to talk about the movie further with you to talk about certain things, however I don't want to reveal spoilers, and I'm using Tapatalk which doesn't give you a spoiler option. Lol. I still keep up with the comics even now, and I appreciated what they were trying to do by crossing multiple ages of comics. I also love the darker theme because it's the counter to what Marvel is doing right now, at least in the majority of their films. Bear in mind I love their movies too. However I love a different take on classic characters, which is why I love the stories like Red Son, Miller's Dark knight, and Kingdom Come. Oh well, to each their own my friend.
I love watchmen and I don't mind Snyder films at all. This one just seemed off to me for some reason and I don't know if I like it or hate it. I can find the ups and downs but I just cannot pick out my feelings on it as a whole for myself. I'm stumped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Read my nutshell review a page or two earlier. I found the flaws too and still loved it though. It was definitely different which is what I loved the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again I've read all reviews and even posted mine. I neither like or dislike the film. I cannot decide. When finding my likes and dislikes I just could not come to a conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just saw it a few hours ago. I liked it more than I thought I would. Not my favorite Batman, but that's ok because it wasn't a "Batman" movie specifically. It felt like a comic book-y movie, and that's not said with anything derogatory towards it at all. I liked Nolan's hyper-realistic universe, and I like this larger than life interpretation too, for different reasons. There is a lot of things that can be nitpicked about this movie
Spoiler Spoiler:
And the final few moments were telegraphed -- but they still managed to elicit visceral (reflexive?) shock when I saw it. I think everyone who knows anything about comics knew what they were doing after the
Spoiler Spoiler:
but I was still a little surprised that they made us wait so long before showing a definitive hint that
Spoiler Spoiler:
Still, I wonder how long they're going to drag it out?

Like, what happened immediately after the the credits starting rolling?
Spoiler Spoiler:
. Meaning is it going to take a while?

I didn't mind the brief glimpses of
Spoiler Spoiler:
Before I saw it I thought the movie would be oversaturated, but that's not the case at all. Bruce's dream/vision of
Spoiler Spoiler:
shows that there may be some time travel / alternate universe things happening down the line, and it may all make sense later if they can pull it off properly and put the pieces together like a puzzle. I can't wait to see the "whole" picture.

Well, that was something. Not quite sure what to think. It's a lot to take in and I don't mean a complicated plot. I'm with I Am Toys for reasons liking it and also in the same boat with the guy struggling to make up his mind. Very much like a comic on film, which some will call bad editing or choppy, but just kind of plays out like a comic to me. Have to go see again this weekend.

Gave it an 8.5/10. Very engaging and definitely a great teaser for JLA.

The 30% RT rating makes no God damn sense.

e4a1db0335d3b5afc4bec31198bcb49d.jpg

Alamo drafthouse goodies

c4fb043a6b128c11cbb395d9c5762f1b.jpg

678ab7e66e78f9115bd6db159af34b1d.jpg

Saw the full length trailer of hardcore Henry and now I want to see it, looks good

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie where I disagree with the critical reviews more. It was a solid 7/10 for me. Batman doesn't kill anywhere near as many people as they made out. It felt more like he only did it when he more or less had to in order to save his own life. And Alfred addressed that his behavior was new and as a result of what happened in Metropolis. It's also not anywhere near as disjointed as the reviews let on and not at all devoid of any humor. Just subtle. I didn't find Eisenberg to be terribly annoying. I liked his portrayal. No, it's definitely not any Lex we've seen before but not bad either. Still maintained some pretty classical elements like referencing his father a lot. Lois is definitely the weak link for me. Overused and gets around way too conveniently much like in MOS. The spear thing isn't as dumb as people are making out either. I thought it was a pretty good mix of Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman overall. Maybe I went in with way lowered expectations but I came out completely satisfied. Zack can stay. Bring on a solo Batman and Suicide Squad. :dunno

You wouldn't be saying that if he really was a tremendous visual storyteller. :lol

A final thought as I finish my scotch and head to bed. This movie made me sure of two things. Ben Affleck is Batman. And I will never trust any critic ever again.

Back