Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Anti ET. That's UnAmerican

I was pro gore back then. :lol

I kind of wonder if these reviews won't help it, initially. I think people were expecting mediocrity, but, now, they might be getting asses in seats purely based on morbid curiosity and people having to see for themselves whether it is, in fact, as bad as they say it is.:lol

It didn't work for Funtastic 4 but I think it will for this.

+ 1 for morbid curiousity :lol

I kind of wonder if these reviews won't help it, initially. I think people were expecting mediocrity, but, now, they might be getting asses in seats purely based on morbid curiosity and people having to see for themselves whether it is, in fact, as bad as they say it is.:lol

That pretty much sums up why the boy and I went to the FF4 pile of ****. It just couldn't be that bad......could it??????:lol:lol
well guess what...it was..:horror

A) Batman of 1939 isn't Batman of today

B) Burton Batman is Bizarroworld Batman.

C) Random examples folks can pull from comics here and there are clearly the exceptions. And the general understanding of contemporary Batman is that he doesn't wantonly kill.

D) Batman: Animated Series Batman is the template from which the vast majority of other Batmen should be based. Exceptions are allowed, like Brave and the Bold and LEGO Batman. But Snyder doesn't earn that pass, dammit.

Of course, we've had the "should Batman kill?" debate here for years. And I doubt anyone will sway anyone else's opinion. But the gif here reinforces my opinion that Snyder doesn't know or appreciate these characters in the same way that I do. That isn't to say that he cares less about Batman or Superman. He just doesn't see them as I do, and so there's a disconnect. Others can love that this Batman kills, and that's fine. But I hate it. It's a core defining trait as I think of him--great detective skills, uber intelligence, darkness and theatricality, a cape and cowl, rich with lots of toys, a belief that governmental authorities can't do it all, not much humor most of the time, problems with building personal relationships, no super powers, no guns, a somber and muted hope, but a hope nonetheless, that the mentally ill can be rehabilitated, and of course, no killing.

:lecture This. All of it.

Here's a list by RT of all the Batman and Superman films from best % scores to worst.

Batman and Superman Movies Ranked by Tomatometer << Movie & TV News and Interviews ? Rotten Tomatoes

1. The Dark Knight 94%

2. Superman The Movie 93%

3. Superman 2 89%

4. The Dark Knight Rises 87%

5. Batman Begins 85%

6. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm 81%

7. Batman: The Movie (1966) 80%

Batman Returns 80%

8. Superman Returns 76%

9. Batman (1989) 72%

10. Man of Steel 56%

11. Batman Forever 41%

12. Superman III 26%

13. SUPERMAN IV: the Quest for Peace 12%

14. Batman and Robin 11%

Here's a list by RT of all the Batman and Superman films from best % scores to worst.

Batman and Superman Movies Ranked by Tomatometer << Movie & TV News and Interviews ? Rotten Tomatoes

1. The Dark Knight 94%

3. Superman 2 89%

5. Batman Begins 85%

Batman Returns 80%

8. Superman Returns 76%

9. Batman (1989) 72%

10. Man of Steel 56%

11. Batman Forever 41%

12. Superman III 26%

14. Batman and Robin 11%

TDKR is way too high up, should be hovering around 12.

B&R is better than Superman 3 AND especially 4!

1. The Dark Knight 94%

3. Superman 2 89%

5. Batman Begins 85%

Batman Returns 80%

8. Superman Returns 76%

9. Batman (1989) 72%

10. Man of Steel 56%

11. Batman Forever 41%

12. Superman III 26%

14. Batman and Robin 11%

Even B&R was better than TDKR

:cuckoo:

I could say the same about the Batman 89 and Returns :lol

Forget for a second the hilariously dumb 8 year retirement and silly retiring again coffee shop ending.

The movie had horrible punching and kicking stunts for all to laugh at.

A soundtrack that cut out the vocals.

A hiding cut when the midget picked up Batman to break his back.

The worst death scene in cinematic history.

A revolution that made Occupy Wallstreet look like Afghanistan.

Worst Batwing in Batman history.

Worst Batman vocals in Batman history.

Ending battle that was very anticlimatic.

Yup, around the 12th spot. :lol

Last edited:

This is my kinda list :yes:

The fact that they had the balls to put Superman Returns higher than the Burton flicks is pretty damn impressive :lol

Forget for a second the hilariously dumb 8 year retirement and silly retiring again coffee shop ending.

Worst Batman vocals in Batman history.

Ending battle that was very anticlimatic.

I notice Nolan does that here and there, Interstellar come to mind, don't really understand what his thinking is on that.

Also, don't forget how Batman not only stopped to listen to Cotillard as she hammed up her death scene, but then got a little love from Catwoman, all while a Goddamn Atomic Bomb (!) is ticking down.

Forget for a second the hilariously dumb 8 year retirement and silly coffee shop ending.

Yes, because Batman has never retired before and the trilogy had a well deserved happy conclusion...which doesn't feel depressing, like BVS...aparently.

The action sequences and even the fighting is miles better than Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Batman Returns.

Good, better than listening to Bale talking...like at the end of TDK, "Your peanut butter will chill forever!!" Is that what he told the Joker? Oh no wait, it was, "You'll be in a padded cell forever!" :slap

I don't know what this means...but the "midget" looked the same height as Batman in most scenes :dunno

That honor goes to Boba Fett...along with the bad fighting choreography to make the scene even worst :lol

A real setting with thousands of extras >>>> Avengers fighting CGI catoons

Ok, it wasn't pretty, but the same goes for the Tumbler...and the Bat fits the style of the Tumbler and the rest of his equipment...plus it was way more practical than any vehicle he's ever had in any film so far.

Not even close :lol

My list...

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Returns
5. Batman '89
6. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
7. Superman
8. Superman 2
9. Batman '66