Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched this trailer a few more times and am more and more excited for this film. Snyder will deliver with the visuals no doubt. I just hope the story follows suit.

I'm looking forward to this and hope it's good but you get the feeling that even if it's bad it won't matter?

I mean it'll launch the universe and the next movies are planned or already in development so no matter what happens with this they'll end up like marvel, where a bad movie doesn't matter as the universe will continue and that's the important thing these days.

When a movie has to be good to succeed and get sequels it gives more incentive but with universes the sequels and others are guranteed so that pressure is gone

I'm looking forward to this and hope it's good but you get the feeling that even if it's bad it won't matter?

I mean it'll launch the universe and the next movies are planned or already in development so no matter what happens with this they'll end up like marvel, where a bad movie doesn't matters as the universe will continue and that's all that matters these days.

That's the problem. If we settle for and accept mediocrity, mediocrity becomes the norm. I want better, not more of the same. That's what will burn out this genre, when people no longer get excited cause they all look the same and then ticket sales become stagnant and flat. Every bubble bursts eventually, and usually because of greed.

Batman almost got wasted by laser vision.

tumblr_nrc9m6FtnR1r5a08so3_500.gif

The neck mobility came in handy there :lol

That trailer was absolutely epic!
I cannot wait for the movie and subsequent figures.
The SS trailer also looks fantastic.

I mean it'll launch the universe and the next movies are planned or already in development so no matter what happens with this they'll end up like marvel, where a bad movie doesn't matter as the universe will continue and that's the important thing these days.

When a movie has to be good to succeed and get sequels it gives more incentive but with universes the sequels and others are guranteed so that pressure is gone

That doesn't mean anything sequels are announced far in advance nowadays as if it means the studio has faith so people should go see it. Remember the original Green Lantern film had a sequel announced before it was released and that went the way of the dodo by the time reviews were out. Even Superman Returns held their original cast contracts until they expired even though a sequel there wasn't even teased. Remember the talk of Spider-Man 4 and even the casting of Anne Hathaway as Black Cat until that was scrapped hard, and that film is considered a success monetarily, Studios just want to make sure they have the options open whether they ever actually exercise it.

Given that it is a one-off kind of thing, everyone has said it isn't a Man of Steel sequel and we are getting a solo Batman film, it's performance won't really affect any other films per se other than to maybe lead to tinkering to avoid any collapse but WB/DC isn't giving up this cash cow especially with Marvel's recent performances and so even if it tanks it'll just help make the others better.

Now if Flash or Aquaman or GLC or even Wonder Woman tank out we'll see them kept to JL only but not Superman or Batman.

Nice trailer. Love the bat suit and virtually everything else. So um what's with batman red son tho? Like what's the story there? Also multiple robins confirmed!!! Ha! Bring on Tim drake and nightwing

Desert bats and the supes troops are a dream sequence? They did it in MoS.

Someone needs to do an Incredibles mash up with the Holly Hunter voiceover.

That doesn't mean anything sequels are announced far in advance nowadays as if it means the studio has faith so people should go see it. Remember the original Green Lantern film had a sequel announced before it was released and that went the way of the dodo by the time reviews were out. Even Superman Returns held their original cast contracts until they expired even though a sequel there wasn't even teased. Remember the talk of Spider-Man 4 and even the casting of Anne Hathaway as Black Cat until that was scrapped hard, and that film is considered a success monetarily, Studios just want to make sure they have the options open whether they ever actually exercise it.

But none of them were connected to a universe of other movies.

What I mean is there'll be no reboots as they're all connected so if a movies bad or underperforms it'll likely still get a sequel so as to further the universe and with that means less incentive to take risks to be great and more to be safe with each movie.

I want this to be great and it looks it but I guess what I don't want is future DC movies that are crappy get to continue because they further the DCEU. For example if Reynolds GL was in the DCEU he'd continue on as their Hal instead of rebooting and doing better.

Last edited:
I'm much more excited for this than SW Ep VII.
The trailer looks fantastic, I like where the story is going and how Superman is being confronted. Fantastic all around.

There is so much potential for awesome collectibles here. I really hope the movie lives up to my expectations. I think it'd be awesome if they did the Robin suit as part of the diorama series, even.

Batman is the only selling point here for me. On the surface at least, Affleck as Wayne, the suit, car, characterisation....even the crazy O'Neil/Adams '70's style desert trekking get up... seem on point. I can even stomach Jeremy Irons as an arsey Alfred. Snyder's Superman and his supporting cast on the other hand still strike all the wrong notes. The Christ parallels are wildly overplayed yet again. Martha Kent's there, virtually encouraging her son to turn his back on the world and put himself first because...well, because humans are a bit **** basically. What? It wasn't enough that Pa Kent previously suggested that, on the balance of things, letting a bus full of school kids sink to the bottom of a river might really have been the best thing all round?

Lois Lane looks like a nothing role yet again. If she knew Superman before he even conceived of Clark Kent, what's her defining character trait? What role is there for her to play beyond boring, bog standard, love interest and sideline Supes supporter/Cheerleader/chief slogan creator?

Eisenberg comes across creepily whiny, but i worry he won't be able to reign that showy side in enough to convincingly add the layers of arrogance and ruthless ambition Luthor demands. I'm guessing the long straggly hair is supposed to conjure up an anarchic Ledger-Joker vibe, but in conjunction with his simpering line readings it just makes this Lex seem more suited to slipping into leather gimp gear (replete with zip up gob) rather than rocking a large, purple and green, battle suit. Unless the long locks look is there to make his eventual hair loss at the hands of Superman all the more traumatic and tragic?

Watched the panel discussion on this and two things:
1)Snyder is easily the most in articulate director I've ever heard speak.
2)Affleck looks like the divorce was heavy on his mind still because he didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Batman is the only selling point here for me. On the surface at least, Affleck as Wayne, the suit, car, characterisation....even the crazy O'Neil/Adams '70's style desert trekking get up... seem on point. I can even stomach Jeremy Irons as an arsey Alfred. Snyder's Superman and his supporting cast on the other hand still strike all the wrong notes. The Christ parallels are wildly overplayed yet again. Martha Kent's there, virtually encouraging her son to turn his back on the world and put himself first because...well, because humans are a bit **** basically. What? It wasn't enough that Pa Kent previously suggested that, on the balance of things, letting a bus full of school kids sink to the bottom of a river might really have been the best thing all round?

Lois Lane looks like a nothing role yet again. If she knew Superman before he even conceived of Clark Kent, what's her defining character trait? What role is there for her to play beyond boring, bog standard, love interest and sideline Supes supporter/Cheerleader/chief slogan creator?

Eisenberg comes across creepily whiny, but i worry he won't be able to reign that showy side in enough to convincingly add the layers of arrogance and ruthless ambition Luthor demands. I'm guessing the long straggly hair is supposed to conjure up an anarchic Ledger-Joker vibe, but in conjunction with his simpering line readings it just makes this Lex seem more suited to slipping into leather gimp gear (replete with zip up gob) rather than rocking a large, purple and green, battle suit. Unless the long locks look is there to make his eventual hair loss at the hands of Superman all the more traumatic and tragic?

She's not wrong. He didn't ask to be sent to Earth as a baby or intend to bring the Kryptonians. Being a hero has to be his choice, he doesn't owe the world anything

What was bad about Affleck in the trailer? He looked like Bruce Wayne, he looked like Batman. He does Bruce Wayne things like saving a little girl from ashes and rubble. He trains, looks ******** and brooding like Wayne/Batman should be. Alfred is warning him not to go too far like every other Alfred. What's wrong?
Honestly I didn't feel like there was anything wrong with affleck in the trailer. My problems were the same cheesy BS with Superman as we had in the first. I thought it looked like more of the same digital Snyder BS.

I wish this was a ben, tdkr movie.

Back