Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

I'm not too sure if anyone has mentioned Mr. Scott Adkins for the role of Bruce Wayne / Batman. He has the size down as per Undisputed 3:

undisputed_3-screenshot-8.jpg

boyka.jpg

I'm sure he can pull off a suit too:

MV5BMTY5MTQ4MjMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMwNTUyOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Now in terms of how well he can act, I'm not too sure. Essentially because most of the roles he has been in were fairly small. But he's known for playing the strong and silent type. I don't know what you guys think? Oh and he knows 15 different martial arts.

*looks at Adkins pic* My, my... that individual has been eating his Wheaties for breakfast, I'll say that much.

Oh and yeah.... THIS

3075691-4906638768-super.jpg

Not hanging onto Nolan. But he did do an intelligent trilogy that had a deeper understanding for which you are too blind or bored to notice.
If Rises was intelligent then I'm a genius like Einstein :dunno
Also all of them were completely inside out and it does not make them better then 90's Batman but just different.

Yes there is. The Nolan fans have done nothing but praised the Nolan films as the highlight of modern cinema, and compared everything and anything to them, as well as talk down to any film that isn't up to the standards of The Dark Knight Rises.

But that also holds true for Batman fans in general. Who are mostly bat **** crazy. Pun intended. If it was a small few, it would be one thing. But it's a large large vocal majority. I was one for a while. Until I stepped back, and looked at my fellow brethren.

I like the movies fine. But they aren't the end all be all of cinema, and most certainly not the end all be all of Comic Book movies.

I am a "Nolanite" . I admit it- he is one of the finest filmakers working today. I come to this judgment not only because of his Batman films but by the sum total of all his films. I loved Prestige, Inception Insomnia. I await Interstellar very very eagerly.

However I love the Marvel films and admire other filmakers. I would never trash something or attack someone who has a less than stellar opinion of him or his films. Even these "internet haters" who trash his films...most do it for attention and to get things going on the forums

OK I admit, I lose it when somebody refers to GI Joe II as a good film, that is just plain STUPID :lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So then one has to ask why they're trolling this thread? There's a thread for all things Nolan Batman: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131991

cause Nolan is somehow attached to this S/B film? How much he has influence, not sure- bet it's alot more than folks think. Now if they are just handing him a paycheck for his name value only, that's another issue.....:dunno

Yes there is. The Nolan fans have done nothing but praised the Nolan films as the highlight of modern cinema, and compared everything and anything to them, as well as talk down to any film that isn't up to the standards of The Dark Knight Rises.

But that also holds true for Batman fans in general. Who are mostly bat **** crazy. Pun intended. If it was a small few, it would be one thing. But it's a large large vocal majority. I was one for a while. Until I stepped back, and looked at my fellow brethren.

I like the movies fine. But they aren't the end all be all of cinema, and most certainly not the end all be all of Comic Book movies.

I'd beg to differ. I love the films, and they are some of my personal favorites, but I don't think they're the end all, be all, greatest films ever made. I also enjoy many films that aren't the Nolan Batman films, and I'm sure there are many more like me that don't need to resort to being foolish.

There are a lot of Marvel fans that behave in a similar way to what you just described, same goes for some Whedon fans, and some Star Wars fans. The point, however, is that not all of them are, and those groups of fans aren't generalized, so why should Nolan Batman fans? So, going back to the first sentence of your post: "no, there's not."

So then one has to ask why they're trolling this thread? There's a thread for all things Nolan Batman: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131991

To be fair, it's the haters that bring them out of the woodwork. One rumor about Bale returning, and it's open season on the Nolan films, in ANY thread. If people are talking about how bad they were, it's only logical that those who like them would then step in and defend them?:dunno

cause Nolan is somehow attached to this S/B film? How much he has influence, not sure- bet it's alot more than folks think. Now if they are just handing him a paycheck for his name value only, that's another issue.....:dunno

From what I understand, MoS was his last dip into the DC franchise. That's over. :dunno

He'll be attached to this movie as well.

Best remove him with boltcutters then.

He had his turn. it was fun, now it's time to let someoen else play.

Another reason Nolan is attached( besides using his name to sell tickets) is because of Syncopy.

Back