Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

He would be my next choice after Clancy Brown. I'm surprised Kevin Conroy gets so much love for his voice acting of Batman, and no mention of Clancy as Luthor, despite the fact that not only did he deliver a killer voice acting performance, iconic even, but he actually looks the part enough to play him in live-action, as well.

Plus I didn't really like Gary Oldman's pencil-neck portrayal of Gordon in TDK trilogy. Gordon should be a man's man, like in BTAS. Nick Offerman, for example. I'm sure I can come up with a better example, but that was just to indicate the direction I'd take for Gordon. For him, I'd get someone who has proven themselves extensively in the action-cop roles, but is getting a little bit old for it.
tumblr_m5ft951Ub01rvi1ido2_1280.png

Last edited:

Cranston is too important an actor to be stuck in a supporting role like Gordon. Lex. . .is an interesting idea. I'm sure people mostly think about it because he goes bald in Breaking Bad. But he's a fine actor that could play any number of great villains. He can definitely pull off smart and viciously criminal.

Dont know him.

Really think DC/WB should throw the bankbook at Cranston and do what it takes to get him on board. He was born to play Lex.

He played the villian in kickass and sinestro in green lantern.

I don't think Mark Strong should double dip as major DC villains. I actually think he'd make an interesting Martian Manhunter. But he's another fine actor, and could portray some Lex-type traits. He could also probably do Braniac justice.

I don't think Mark Strong should double dip as major DC villains.

As long as we all can collectively agree that the first Green Lantern movie never happened, that shouldn't be a problem. :lol

As long as we all can collectively agree that the first Green Lantern movie never happened, that shouldn't be a problem. :lol
That's a fair point. I wish I never saw it. Ideally WB will also pretend it doesn't exist when putting together Justice League.

Isn't Cranston a little too old for Lex? He's almost 30 yrs older than Henry Cavill.

I don't think it's nearly as important for Lex to be a youngish guy as it is for, say, Batman and Superman (assuming they don't want to go back to the old man grizzled veteran Batman idea, which I'm assuming they won't). The key for Lex is that he needs to have an established business empire. Giving him years of experience on Superman as a wily criminal mastermind could work in the story's favor. Look at the Reeve/Hackman or Routh/Spacey Superman and Lex combinations. They were clearly very different in age but no biggie.

*dismissive wave* Find someone else for Gordon, for you cannot have Cranston. Sorry. Cranston as Gordon would be a waste.

You guys are already getting the Superman franchise turned over to Batman as it is; you don't get to keep ALL the toys.

I am already imagining the Hot Toys version of Cranston as Lex, and do want. Nope, can't have him. :)

Too bad, I had Cranston down for Gordon years ago; before he was even in Year One. You want Luthor, you look elsewhere; I called him first.:lol

Gordon...

xf3ps3.jpg

Aldrich Killian?... :monkey3

Guy Pearce would be a nice Gordon. I'd like Mark Strong as Luthor... and after doing a Google image search I see that idea isn't very original.

(probably missed it already in this thread)

lex-luthor-mark-strong.jpg

3156361-luthor+mos2.jpg

They haven't yet. ****, Lois Lane is going to fall in love with Bruce Wayne.

Aldrich Killian?... :monkey3

Guy Pearce would be a nice Gordon. I'd like Mark Strong as Luthor... and after doing a Google image search I see that idea isn't very original.

(probably missed it already in this thread)

lex-luthor-mark-strong.jpg

3156361-luthor+mos2.jpg

Probably because Snyder said he wanted Strong for the part ages ago....

Probably because Snyder said he wanted Strong for the part ages ago....

Must've been on the twitter. I'm not down with the lingo of the kids on the street.

Cranston would be great, but my first choice would be Clancy Brown (Lex's voice actor on Superman:The Animated Series).

I always thought Cranston would make a great Mr. Freeze, but maybe that's because Walter White reminds me so much of the DCAU's Mr. Freeze

I would take Cranston.

Clancy Brown weighs like 400 lbs now.

Back