Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

So beating the snot out of people is Batman's sole purpose and only usefulness? For real? This is an insult to this many-layered character. Batman and Superman each bring different strengths to the table. Why not have Batman bring his strengths and use them, instead of angsting about the fact that he cannot physically take down a demigod?

Because he can't, and having him do so onscreen will break suspension of disbelief badly.

TBH I am not even sure Bats could take Wonder Woman down if it came to fisticuffs. He should use his much-vaunted brain, and leave the beatdowns to those who are best made to carry 'em out. That's when you call in Supes.

Actually, the point was made more than once that Wonder Woman would be the most difficult member of the JLA to take down, for the simple reason that she doesn't have a "kryptonite", meaning an obvious way of defeating her.

Superman has kryptonite, Green Lantern has yellow and needs to concentrate to focus his will, Martian Manhunter has fire, Aquaman (some versions of him) needs to periodically be in contact with water, and Flash (Wally West at least, who wasn't a scientist like Barry) can be cheated, because he's very impulsive.

But Wonder Woman is the BEST hand-to-hand warrior of the DCU, and even without the superpowers she'd be on par with guys like Deathstroke and Lady Shiva, if not even better than them. Add a super strength of the levels of Superman and Shazam, and there's nothing you can do against her, because she doesn't have a specific weakness.

The best Batman could come up with in "Tower of Babel", was to keep her fighting indefinitely, until she collapsed. Didn't really accomplished it (she didn't collapse, I think), but she was kept busy, fighting all the time. She just couldn't be taken down.

In the New 52 Universe, Batman already confessed to Superman that he has protocols for taking them down if and when necessary, and that those plans are stored in boxes for every single each of them.

Wonder Woman's box is empty, because Batman's only plan to defeat her, is Superman. But now Superman and Wonder Woman are dating, so that makes her untouchable.

Plus, Wonder Woman is a through and through warrior, if it came to that, she'd have no remorse in chopping Batman's or Superman's head.

That's why Batman could give Supes a run for his money, cause most times, Supes doesn't want to hurt his best friend.

Any other DC character?. . .

h89DLh0.jpg

:rotfl

I meant out of the A-list Justice League members. Good one, though.

On an unrelated note, check out the latest casting rumors....

https://io9.com/could-one-of-zack-snyders-watchmen-stars-play-batman-1063055027

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00062997.html

I could dig it. John Winchester, The Comedian, and Batman might just cement the guy in geek history.:lol

Oh I hope jdm is batman!

I could dig it. John Winchester, The Comedian, and Batman might just cement the guy in geek history.:lol

I can see him as Batman.

I always did think he would make a good Batman. However, he'll be 49 when MOS2 is released, so how will that affect the rest of the Justice League series, and the solo Batman films? Will we see a Batman who's no longer physically in his prime? Perhaps this will bode well for introducing other members of the Bat-family to pick up some of the slack in the hand to hand combat department. If that means that we'll eventually see Nightwing or Damian Wayne in a mainstream movies series, then I'm all for it.

He'd be great but agree he's a bit too old for Batman. :/

Have Hugh Jackman play Batman. Would be kick ***

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/08/08/bryan-cranston-lex-luthor/

Bryan Cranston is the danger. He is the one who knocks. And pretty soon, he might be knocking on Superman's door.

El Mayimbe at Latino-Review.com tweeted some very obvious clues that the "Breaking Bad" star is the man Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. want to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel — the same film that puts Kal-El on the Caped Crusader's radar.

Read El Mayimbe's tweets below:

Actor for Lex is so painfully obvious/on the nose, u wouldn't believe me even if I told you. Hell, I don't believe it myself. Take a guess?

— elmayimbe (@elmayimbe) August 8, 2013

FANBOY BLIND ITEM: Which superhot actor finishing final season of hit TV show who also was in 2 films for WB is up for juicy badguy part? :)

FINAL CLUE FOR Y'ALL FANBOY KNUCKLEHEADS WHO CAN'T TAKE A HINT: This actor played a bad guy (embarrassed that he did) on the POWER RANGERS.

All of that adds up to only one man: Cranston, the multiple Emmy-award winning actor who is about to wrap up his epic run as meth cook Walter "Heisenberg" White on "Breaking Bad" beginning this weekend. (Yes, in case you missed it, Cranston did voice multiple villains on "Power Rangers." He admitted as much in this recent interview.)

Obvious? Yes. On the nose? Sure. Really awesome if it's true? You bet.

No telling if anything will come from Mayimbe's scoop, but one can certainly keep those fingers crossed.

I thought Cranston would have been the perfect Norman Osborn but I'd take him as Lex too.

Cranston would be great, but my first choice would be Clancy Brown (Lex's voice actor on Superman:The Animated Series).

I always thought Cranston would make a great Mr. Freeze, but maybe that's because Walter White reminds me so much of the DCAU's Mr. Freeze

**** Lex. Cranston is perfect for Gordon.:lecture

*dismissive wave* Find someone else for Gordon, for you cannot have Cranston. Sorry. Cranston as Gordon would be a waste.

You guys are already getting the Superman franchise turned over to Batman as it is; you don't get to keep ALL the toys.

I am already imagining the Hot Toys version of Cranston as Lex, and do want. Nope, can't have him. :)

Back