Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Lizard men and power rangers do not a Batman make.

That proves Bruce exists in the world. But Wayne Enterprises was around before Bruce became Batman. That doesn't prove Bruce is running the company, or that he is still searching the world for teachers. I mean it doesn't mean he's already Batman.

Hmmm I guess you're right, but I've been operating under the assumption that in every arc I've read, by the time Supes pops up, Batman has been there for a long time.

Plus that Supes was one of Batman's 1st cases makes absolutely zero sense to me.

That's Cumberbatch in my signature and avatar. Doesn't look nerdy to me.

I know.. I love his Sherlock series and yeah, he looks cool there but his facial structure is very odd, I just think he'd look silly in a cowl and I probably wouldn't be able to take him seriously as Bruce Wayne.

I know.. I love his Sherlock series and yeah, he looks cool there but his facial structure is very odd, I just think he'd look silly in a cowl and I probably wouldn't be able to take him seriously as Bruce Wayne.

My avatar is him in a cowl. Also, putting on muscle can do a lot for facial structure. I would probably have doubts, too, if I saw Sherlock before seeing him in Star Trek, but in that movie, he pretty much nails the Batman part.

Hmmm I guess you're right, but I've been operating under the assumption that in every arc I've read, by the time Supes pops up, Batman has been there for a long time.

Plus that Supes was one of Batman's 1st cases makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Depends. Originally Supes was the first to appear. In new 52, its stated now that Bruce is older and had been operating for about 3 years before Superman appeared. But that makes no sense as he's had 4 Robins.

I prefer to think he's existed a little longer than Superman, but is mostly thought of as an urban legend(which I hope they get back too). That it isn't until JL that the world is able to confirm he truly exists.

Depends. Originally Supes was the first to appear. In new 52, its stated now that Bruce is older and had been operating for about 3 years before Superman appeared. But that makes no sense as he's had 4 Robins.

I prefer to think he's existed a little longer than Superman, but is mostly thought of as an urban legend(which I hope they get back too). That it isn't until JL that the world is able to confirm he truly exists.

I'm interested to see how they handle Robin. If there's one thing I hope they accomplish with the new DCCU, it's establishing **** Grayson as Nightwing, and maybe even spinning off a solo film and/or TV series.

My avatar is him in a cowl. Also, putting on muscle can do a lot for facial structure. I would probably have doubts, too, if I saw Sherlock before seeing him in Star Trek, but in that movie, he pretty much nails the Batman part.

Hahaha, I'll blind buy Star Trek when it comes out next month.

I'm interested to see how they handle Robin. If there's one thing I hope they accomplish with the new DCCU, it's establishing **** Grayson as Nightwing, and maybe even spinning off a solo film and/or TV series.

Apparently, WB/DC has a plan for him. Arrow just said they were told he could not appear on the show, after they made the announcement at SDCC. Apparently they were previously told he was fair game, but now they have backtracked. I would love to see **** as Nightwing. With Tim as Robin.

Apparently, WB/DC has a plan for him. Arrow just said they were told he could not appear on the show, after they made the announcement at SDCC. Apparently they were previously told he was fair game, but now they have backtracked. I would love to see **** as Nightwing. With Tim as Robin.

Agreed. I'd love to see Damian, eventually, but that might be a while or not happen at all, since Nolan wasted Ra's al Ghul with a lackluster showing in Begins.

Thank you :lecture :lecture:hi5:

I think Rah's in BB was the best villain in the entire trilogy.

Maybe so, but I preferred the comics and the DCAU versions. He was so much more flamboyant, arrogant, and had an air of nobility. Plus, Ra's al Ghul without the Lazarus pits loses a major, important element of that character.

Maybe so, but I preferred the comics and the DCAU versions. He was so much more flamboyant, arrogant, and had an air of nobility. Plus, Ra's al Ghul without the Lazarus pits loses a major, important element of that character.

Oh yeah, but they're different approaches.

I also like the flamboyant and arrogant Ra's from the comics, but I also appreciate the performance of Liam Neeson in the context of the movie, the arrogance was much more subtle.

Oh yeah, but they're different approaches.

I also like the flamboyant and arrogant Ra's from the comics, but I also appreciate the performance of Liam Neeson in the context of the movie, the arrogance was much more subtle.

But you have to admit, Batman Begins has seriously hurt our chances of seeing the real version of that character, and all of the important storylines surrounding him anytime soon.

But you have to admit, Batman Begins has seriously hurt our chances of seeing the real version of that character, and all of the important storylines surrounding him anytime soon.

Mhmm I don't know, who knows, maybe they would have never used that character, and if it wasn't for BB we might have never seen a movie Ra's at all.

If they want to use him on this new movie-verse I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it.

Or what do you mean by "hurt the chances" of him appearing again?

Mhmm I don't know, who knows, maybe they would have never used that character, and if it wasn't for BB we might have never seen a movie Ra's at all.

If they want to use him on this new movie-verse I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it.

Or what do you mean by "hurt the chances" of him appearing again?

They may use him again, but it will be a while. It would be kind of repetitive to use the same villains again so soon, especially when there are so many others that haven't been used yet, like Black Mask, Killer Croc, Hush, Man-Bat, Clayface, etc.

They may use him again, but it will be a while. It would be kind of repetitive to use the same villains again so soon, especially when there are so many others that haven't been used yet, like Black Mask, Killer Croc, Hush, Man-Bat, Clayface, etc.

Oh I get it now.

Well, tbh I always like my comicbook characters to be different from the comicbooks just a little bit at least, otherwise there's no point for me to get a movie-verse that's exactly like the comicbook universe.

Also, I don't know how comic book accurate they can be, when MoS is clearly for me the "realistic" take on superman in the spirit of the Nolan trilogy.

Oh I get it now.

Well, tbh I always like my comicbook characters to be different from the comicbooks just a little bit at least, otherwise there's no point for me to get a movie-verse that's exactly like the comicbook universe.

Also, I don't know how comic book accurate they can be, when MoS is clearly for me the "realistic" take on superman in the spirit of the Nolan trilogy.

Yeah, another reason why Ra's al Ghul probably won't show up. I'm thinking they'll try to keep their fantastical sci fi elements limited to extraterrestrial origins. That might bode well for Green Lantern, but it presents an interesting challenge when introducing characters like Wonder Woman and the Flash.

Back