Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

To each his own :)
I had no interest in Reeve s sup past 14.
And not because im a selfish person but because as a work of fiction it is too unidimensional.
It worked for me when Times were simpler.
I cant buy it anymore, and it was way before all this Nolan dark realistic wagon Hollywood jumped on.
Now i can dig its not everyone ´s favorite spin on the character but its not wrong as some say.

Last edited:

Reeve was damn good in the roll, but he's gone. Cavill did a pretty good job for this incarnation. And Affleck should make a pretty kick *** Batman.

I love Cavill's take. It's hard to improve on Reeve's performance. He inhabited the role in a time when his performance was burned into people's minds as the epitome of the character so every performance since will be compared. I see all the incarnations as complimentary to Reeve.

Ain't no trace of Reeves or Alyn to be found, yet there is the hint of Reeve's face in one scene.
Man - I totally remember that moment in the film; my buddy even turned to me & said, "Chris Reeve.." . I nodded. :)

Olbertfrog - you make some good points mate. Cavill's take had heart too, & his was a good example of a gifted young man discovering himself in a whirlwind of fear & confusion - & it's difficult to be the 'ideal' in that circumstance.

That wasn't lost on the audience though - but..

The film.. was clunky. Too much emphasis on the 'new' take.. & not on the substance - for my money anyway. He's essentially a BOY out of synch with his world, yet he somehow finds his calling right after the tornado & the Zod invasion.

Not enough development, sorry.. :huh

Man - I totally remember that moment in the film; my buddy even turned to me & said, "Chris Reeve.." . I nodded. :)

Olbertfrog - you make some good points mate. Cavill's take had heart too, & his was a good example of a gifted young man discovering himself in a whirlwind of fear & confusion - & it's difficult to be the 'ideal' in that circumstance.

That wasn't lost on the audience though - but..

The film.. was clunky. Too much emphasis on the 'new' take.. & not on the substance - for my money anyway. He's essentially a BOY out of synch with his world, yet he somehow finds his calling right after the tornado & the Zod invasion.

Not enough development, sorry.. :huh

Yes it does feel too rushed but it works for me with all the emergency.
The thing that doesent work for me tho is that drone scene where he ´s too full of himself.
I dont want him to be mourning and all until the credits roll but it felt way out of place.
I would have prefered that they went from the cemetary scene to the planet directly.
Keep the gravitas.

Its amazing how a 1970/80 designed Superman fit perfectly in that Gravity clip.

MOS Superman would've probably looked out of place in that clip. :lol

Even the music was a perfect fit.

Cavill has the potential to be as good as Reeve, he just needs more lines and more Daily Planet Clark time.

Its amazing how a 1970/80 designed Superman fit perfectly in that Gravity clip.

MOS Superman would've probably looked out of place in that clip. :lol

Even the music was a perfect fit.

Highly doubt it.

It's well edited, but you can still see the difference between late 70's/80's cinematography and the modern cinematography of Gravity.

If it was just replacing the character, MoS would have fit better.

Cavill has the potential to be as good as Reeve, he just needs more lines and more Daily Planet Clark time.

Highly doubt it.

It's well edited, but you can still see the difference between late 70's/80's cinematography and the modern cinematography of Gravity.

If it was just replacing the character, MoS would have fit better.

I hate to be one of those guys who always thinks the originals or classics are the best by default, but I don’t think Henry has a chance, Reeve was made for the role in my opinion.

I'm probably the only person on here that feels this way... but Reeves Superman films suck, he was "okay"

I'm probably the only person on here that feels this way... but Reeves Superman films suck, he was "okay"

No problem with that, just never post here again :lol

Just kidding, I happen to like Henry Cavill’s and Reeve’s version, but I hated the movie Cavill played Superman in.

No problem with that, just never post here again :lol

Just kidding, I happen to like Henry Cavill’s and Reeve’s version, but I hated the movie Cavill played Superman in.

I loved Superman 1 and 2 when I was a kid but it just hasn't held up for me, I think it's the Superman and Lois Lane romance crap that killed it for me, haha.

I hate to be one of those guys who always thinks the originals or classics are the best by default, but I don’t think Henry has a chance, Reeve was made for the role in my opinion.

I'm sure that Cavill can reach those levels of perfection, he is also tailored for Superman.

If not, he can get real real close.

I loved Superman 1 and 2 when I was a kid but it just hasn't held up for me, I think it's the Superman and Lois Lane romance crap that killed it for me, haha.

Really? I think it’s some of the best romance handled in a Superhero movie

I'm sure that Cavill can reach those levels of perfection, he is also tailored for Superman.

If not, he can get real real close.

You know what, he can, I think it’s that Snyder guy holding him back. I feel if this had a better director, Henry would be the Robert Downey of the DC cinematic universe.

Back