Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

Funny, nobody ever quotes the Dawn of the Dead remake by Snyder! It was a great movie and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have The Walking Dead on TV if not for him resurecting (pun intended) the trend!

Yea I saw it in the movies, I thought it was alright but the horror genre was never for me.

Yea I gave it another watch yesterday and it was actually worse than I remember. I know why Superman fans like it, but its kind of tough on regular moviegoers to like unless your just an action junky.
I'm a Superman fan, & I walked out of the theatre - considerably 'meh'-ed, the FIRST time. :lol

I can't believe anyone is worried about the Rock being cast in a CBM flick. Hes probably the best non actor muscle personality turned actor and hes shown he has more than enough range, which he'll probably need zero of cause I'm sure if he is cast in this, it'll be typecast. I think some of you think you're in the thread for the remake of the Godfather. :lol
Agreed! :lol

Btw - I'm certainly no Rock connoisseur.. :)lol), but from what I've seen here & there - the guy is obviously a bit more than just a beefcake with a smile. The dude's got charisma - & he's witty, so I don't think he's a worry at all. :huh

Affleck doesn't concern me as of yet, he can play Bruce no problem, and Batman shouldn't be tough to portray either, the rock, meh, I think he can be pretty decent, you're also forgetting the rumors about Denzel and Joaquin, those have to be actors of a higher stature than Marvel's finest.

Denzel and Joaquin < Redford and Hopkins

I can't believe anyone is worried about the Rock being cast in a CBM flick. Hes probably the best non actor muscle personality turned actor and hes shown he has more than enough range, which he'll probably need zero of cause I'm sure if he is cast in this, it'll be typecast. I think some of you think you're in the thread for the remake of the Godfather. :lol

He showed he has some acting chops in Gridiron Gang. I doubt he's lost them, they've just been buried under the FF and Disney garbage. :lol

I absolutely agree with that. I feel a lot of time those old knighted men get way more love than they deserve.

Hopkins was in Thor (1 & 2) and Redford's in Cap: Winter Soldier. Let's not forget Jeff Bridges, Ben Kingsley and Mickey Rourke, who were in the Iron Man films, who also run circles around Denzel and Joaquin. Hell, even Sam Elliot (Hulk) and Powers Booth (Avengers), though they might not be quite as good as Denzel, are also faaaaaaaaar better than Joaquin.

I wouldn't really say Marvel has the "better" actors, so much as they have "more." I'd say that Russell Crowe, Lawrence Fishburne, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, and Amy Adams are all AAA actors and actresses, and Cavill is shaping up quite nicely, as well. I'm an Affleck fan, and I'm giving Gadot the benefit of the doubt, but, the point is that we haven't even seen all of the actors and actresses that will be featured in the sequel, let alone any subsequent films; I imagine, if he were directing, an Affleck-helmed Batman movie would draw in quite a few heavy hitters.

Agreed on all points hope we get some more Batman movies with Ben not just the team up stuff.

Hopkins was in Thor (1 & 2) and Redford's in Cap: Winter Soldier. Let's not forget Jeff Bridges, Ben Kingsley and Mickey Rourke, who were in the Iron Man films, who also run circles around Denzel and Joaquin. Hell, even Sam Elliot (Hulk) and Powers Booth (Avengers), though they might not be quite as good as Denzel, are also faaaaaaaaar better than Joaquin.

jfaflh.jpg

Yeah, I rest my case. With the exception of Walk the Line which I think was more a similarity coincidence than not, Joaquin always plays Joaquin. :lol

Shoot, I forgot about Rourke and Bridges. Also Sam Rockwell. I don’t know how Marvel got all the actors when supposedly they’re so cheap.

Yeah, I rest my case. With the exception of Walk the Line which I think was more a similarity coincidence than not, Joaquin always plays Joaquin. :lol

I don’t think that. His latest movies The Master and Her he is vastly different. I think he is one of the best working today. I still think the Knighted old men get way too much love. I find them boring and overrated a lot. I prefer Fassbender and Mcavoy’s rendition of Magneto and Prof X. They just bring a lot more to the table.

There's probably a lot of naivete behind that post if you can't really, truly appreciate the grandeur of seeing both Stewart and McKellen sharing the screen together. That's not taking anything away from Fassbender and Mcavoy who're brilliant in their own right, but you're discounting masters of the craft with that post.

There's probably a lot of naivete behind that post if you can't really, truly appreciate the grandeur of seeing both Stewart and McKellen sharing the screen together. That's not taking anything away from Fassbender and Mcavoy who're brilliant in their own right, but you're discounting masters of the craft with that post.

I understand their rep but I just was never that big on both of them. I mean Stewart does a good job as Prof X no doubt, but we also have a british Professor X from Westchester now because he can’t pull of an american accent. I always found McKellan to be a bit too old for the part. He never resembled Magneto.

Also I don’t think they could ever carry an X-Men film by themselves like Fassbender and James did.
But believe me, I know I’m in the minority with this one. Most of the old trilogy actors I do prefer over the first class actors though.

All 4 of them are amazing at their rolls. AND Work as the SAME charcters. I REALLY LOVED Fassbender as Young Eric, and Gandalf the Gay as OLD Magnus.

I understand their rep but I just was never that big on both of them. I mean Stewart does a good job as Prof X no doubt, but we also have a british Professor X from Westchester now because he can’t pull of an american accent. I always found McKellan to be a bit too old for the part. He never resembled Magneto.

Also I don’t think they could ever carry an X-Men film by themselves like Fassbender and James did.
But believe me, I know I’m in the minority with this one. Most of the old trilogy actors I do prefer over the first class actors though.

Fun facts. Magneto is OLDER than Charles. SIGNIFICANTLY OLDER.
He only looks younger in teh comics, becuase at one point he is Rapidly REgressed to a child, and then raised as Moyra McTaggert's son for a while. eventually he is RE-aged to a 30 year old, and becomes magneto again.

In the movies, the rapid return to youth hasn't happend yet, if it ever does.

WHEN/IF it does happen, you'd have Xavier played by Stewart, and Magneto played by Fasbender.

He only looks younger in teh comics, becuase at one point he is Rapidly REgressed to a child, and then raised as Moyra McTaggert's son for a while. eventually he is RE-aged to a 30 year old, and becomes magneto again.

WHEN/IF it does happen, you'd have Xavier played by Stewart, and Magneto played by Fasbender.

That I didn’t know. And I read a fair amount of X-men comics and watched all the shows. For the sake of the movies they never include that. Sounds like Superman sniffing coke comic crap.

Regard McKellan and Stewart, I don’t think they have shared a scene as good as when young Charles taps into young Magneto’s mind to remind him of the good times he had with his mother.

Last edited:

I remember that. I kinda did want a Magneto in the film that resembled the Jim Lee art, but I understand they were going for realism. They also made Xavier's crippling an accident compared to the comic where he gets a stone dropped on him by an alien.

I remember that. I kinda did want a Magneto in the film that resembled the Jim Lee art, but I understand they were going for realism. They also made Xavier's crippling an accident compared to the comic where he gets a stone dropped on him by an alien.

Yea thats why it is best they don’t bring everything that happened in the comic book into the movies. I know Charles going bald will be different then it was in the comics as well.

Yea thats why it is best they don’t bring everything that happened in the comic book into the movies. I know Charles going bald will be different then it was in the comics as well.

Wasn't that because his power grew stronger? They were dropping bald jokes left and right in First Class.

Back