Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2

They are saying MoS 2 will have Superman facing off against real-world problems, such as Middle East crises. I cant tell you what a bad mistake I think this is. People go to the movies as an escape, if we want to see crap about North Korea or Syria, we can turn on the news. Its going to divide fans politically and just.... ugh. I'd much rather see Brainiac or something.

What would Supes do with the Arab Spring? I DONT KNOW OR CARE, Gawd I hope they drop this line of thinking.

https://io9.com/could-another-dc-comics-superhero-reach-movie-screens-b-513735853

They are saying MoS 2 will have Superman facing off against real-world problems, such as Middle East crises. I cant tell you what a bad mistake I think this is. People go to the movies as an escape, if we want to see crap about North Korea or Syria, we can turn on the news. Its going to divide fans politically and just.... ugh. I'd much rather see Brainiac or something.

What would Supes do with the Arab Spring? I DONT KNOW OR CARE, Gawd I hope they drop this line of thinking.

https://io9.com/could-another-dc-comics-superhero-reach-movie-screens-b-513735853

This is confirmed? sounds like nonsense.

That's BS. :lol

Well, click the link and see for yourself. I did not make this up.

Goyer sez:

"The challenge for us moving forward is how to depict Superman in a world like this, in a world where Twitter exists, in a world with social media. To me, the interesting challenge is “Could he solve hunger in the horn of Africa? What would he do with the Arab Spring? What would he do in Syria?” Partly you could argue “How could he not intervene in something like the situation in Syria?” but the other argument is “Is it a hornet’s nest if her intervenes? Does he have the wherewithal or the knowledge to intervene in something like this?” To me, that’s the interesting challenge. It’s easier for Batman because he just exists in this little pocket of the world, he’s not violating sovereign airspace every day."

I just can't :slap enough!

Well, click the link and see for yourself. I did not make this up.

I don't care what the link says. The internet says lots of things. :lol

If you think that we'll go from a 45 minute showdown between Superman and Zod to Superman feeding kids in Africa, you couldn't be more wrong.:lol

Cool, please tell the people making the film that, and not me. It wasn't me thinking "Great idea!"

To the contrary. I think its a horrible idea.

Has it been said by Nolan isn't taking part in the second one? Personally I feel like they should keep Nolan and get rid of Goyer.

Hope you are right, because it was Goyer himself saying that.

I just find it hilarious that you believe it to be true. I don't give a **** if Goyer himself said that. It's not going to happen.:lol

Yea that **** isn't gonna happen. Maybe they'll show superman doing that stuff but they won't base a whole movie around it.

I just find it hilarious that you believe it to be true. I don't give a **** if Goyer himself said that. It's not going to happen.:lol

Oh, so the scriptwriter himself saying all this crap does not bother you? Good for you. It does bother me a bit, but you evidently have the final say over the script and the filmmaking team as a whole, so I will definitely rest easier. Cool beans! :wave

Wonder what the name will be...

Be cool if they played it old school and just called it "superman".

The very idea that Superman can exist in a real world is absurd. Twitter? Facebook? Pics everywhere and none of Clark Kents co-workers recognise him as Kal-El? After he saved the world? :lol

The notion of any of these major comic book super heroes existing in the real world is absurd. Even Nolan's Batman.

The notion of any of these major comic book super heroes existing in the real world is absurd. Even Nolan's Batman.

Of course, but Superman was created with an inherent simplicity and innocence that would require major suspension of disbelief to translate him into the real world. Batman wears a mask at least. :lol

Oh, so the scriptwriter himself saying all this crap does not bother you? Good for you. It does bother me a bit, but you evidently have the final say over the script and the filmmaking team as a whole, so I will definitely rest easier. Cool beans! :wave

:lol It's only been 3 days since Man of Steel was released. And yes, Im almost 100% certain the story line isn't going to revolve around Superman "solving hunger issues in Africa." :slap

Yeah that would be extremely EPIC. Im sure it would appeal to a large audience too.:rolleyes2

Of course, but Superman was created with an inherent simplicity and innocence that would require major suspension of disbelief to translate him into the real world. Batman wears a mask at least. :lol
Yeah, the unrealistic thing about Batman has never been the superhero conceit (afterall, he's a man without any super powers). Instead, what makes him unrealistic is the psychological aspects of the character. Someone that fractured and that driven simply would not be able to function in society. He couldn't even fake it. To whit, he'd basically be a lot more like Rorschach.

Back