Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

So Batman has been doing the crimefighting thing long before Superman in the MOS universe? What was the point of all Pa Kent's suicidal "the world isn't ready for a super hero" speeches? What a maroon. :lol :duh

I think he meant the world isn't ready for a god-like alien who can crush cars between his palms. I'm with everyone who says Batman should be well into his crimefighting career, but is believed to be more of an urban legend/hoax at this point.

Yeah, there could definitely be ways to show off Batman's stupendous intellect, and I liked the way the viewer is walked through Holmes' crazy deductions and exploits after the fact in the RDJ Holmes movies, so the audience gets to feel brilliant along with him. Think about that, only applied to Justice League-scale, superpowered global intrigue-level gambits. That would own so hard if pulled off successfully.

Bring Timm god damnit!

So Batman has been doing the crimefighting thing long before Superman in the MOS universe? What was the point of all Pa Kent's suicidal "the world isn't ready for a super hero" speeches? What a maroon. :lol :duh

It's not that the world wasn't ready for any superhero, but one like Superman, even in a world with Batman in it, Superman would still be a big shock.

Besides, I remember reading a rumor that Batman was fighting crime with a "urban legend" status, not fully blown to the public.

Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Bring Timm god damnit!

It's not that the world wasn't ready for any superhero, but one like Superman, even in a world with Batman in it, Superman would still be a big shock.

Besides, I remember reading a rumor that Batman was fighting crime with a "urban legend" status, not fully blown to the public.

Exactly. He's only a myth to the people of Gotham. With his tactical smarts and sophisticated technology, he's hard to be seen and heard. Crooks never know what hit em.

I can already see a scene where batman tears a strip off of supes for not wearing a mask to protect his loved ones... And to stop show boating haha.

Last edited:

Exactly. He's only a myth to the people of Gotham. With his tactical smarts and sophisticated technology, he's hard to be seen and heard. Crooks never know what hit em.

I can already see a scene where batman tears a strip off of supes for not wearing a mask to protect his loved ones... And to stop show boating haha.

Of course, Supes would have a counter for that, like, "I vibrate my face imperceptibly every time someone tries to photograph me, so no one ever gets a good picture."

And, yes, he actually used that in the comics. :lol

Your statement also reminded me of the pre-thought-out fight scenes in the RDJ Sherlock Holmes films. I would love to see a take like that applied to Batman, in fact, everything about those movies was almost the very model for how Batman should be portrayed, albeit a bit more morose and less vulnerable than RDJ's Holmes.

colin_farrel_is_disgusted.gif

Walk away, Colin Farrel. Walk away.

Certain aspects of Holmes, even RDJ Holmes would work well with Batman. Obviously, the characters have their differences, but the way the 'detective' bits were handled, and how they showed Holmes' proficiency in combat were both well-done. Maybe Batman wouldn't do a pre-fight runthrough each time, but Batman, if done correctly, is a very cerebral character, and ideally, a very noir character as well, so some kind of process letting you into his head, or just giving you the best view of the action would be great. Of course, Snyder is directing, so the quality of the fight scenes is the last thing that I'm worried about.

In other words, the cinematography and directing were good in those movies, and would translate well to a Batman movie. I'm not saying I want to see RDJ in a Batsuit.

Does that cover it, or do you just not like Ritchie's Holmes for some reason?

In fact, Batman does the pre-thought fight quite often in the comics.

He even complains in his head when he knew he could have ended the fight 2 moves earlier or so.

Batman would be stealing nothing from Holmes.

In fact, Batman does the pre-thought fight quite often in the comics.

He even complains in his head when he knew he could have ended the fight 2 moves earlier or so.

Batman would be stealing nothing from Holmes.

:goodpost:

Not that that should be a concern, really. They both hold the title of the world's greatest detective. I could see how some people could see Holmes as a more upbeat, cheerful, unabashedly eccentric, and vulnerable character than Batman, but other than some possible differences in the character's emotional states, they have a lot in common.

My only concern is, can Affleck and Goyer pull off that level of complexity, or even realize that's the direction they should take the character. Snyder, I trust with Batman. He's essentially a mix of the Comedian, Rorschach, and Nite Owl, and he handled those characters well. As long as the writer and actor nail it, we should be fine.

I know, I just said that in case someone thought about complaining about Batman ripping off from RDJ Holmes :lol

I know, I just said that in case someone thought about complaining about Batman ripping off from RDJ Holmes :lol

Right, and I'm pretty sure those elements are existing tropes, so I'm sure RDJ's Holmes owes someone for them.

:exactly: And this is why, despite Batman being the more 'believable' character, I feel its a bit awkward bringing him into this MOS universe.

I think he meant the world isn't ready for a god-like alien who can crush cars between his palms. I'm with everyone who says Batman should be well into his crimefighting career, but is believed to be more of an urban legend/hoax at this point.

Yeah but if this is a Batman whose been doing his stuff for a longish amount of time, how hasn't he emerged from urban legend status yet? Does this mean Gotham hasn't actually acknowledged his existence yet, there's never been a bat signal? I dunno.

Even if you want to get into the semantics, Batman could very well be considered a non-superhero, I digress, even in a world where people were aware of Batman and there was a batsignal and everything, Superman would still cause commotion, so, Pa Kent's non-suicidal speeches stand, more so, since he didn't even spoke the word superhero.

Perhaps but the problem then is Batman loses any awe factor even when he does become officially recognised as real. Who'd give much of a **** about a guy dressing up in a bat costume when a superpowered flying alien has revealed himself to the world.

That's what I'm saying, he really doesn't need to be an urban legend to fit this universe and I think the awe factor would remain, at least for the audience, I can bet you that, not all the awe factor has to be about flying and super powers in my opinion.

Maybe Batman is the reason Pa Kent didn't want Kal to show his powers - he didn't want him to be like "that freak in Gotham City." :lol

Okay, maybe Pa Kent was even dead before Batman comes onto the scene (I'm not sure of the exact timeline), but there could have already been a costumed crime element existing in Gotham, or elsewhere. Maybe, even a few non-powered heroes, making an occasional showing, but not stealing the show the way Kal-El does. It makes sense that they would already be there, and Kal's presence emboldens them to finally come out of the woodwork, and band together

Plus, I don't think it hurts the narrative in any way for Batman to have been operating for so long. The Bat-Signal doesn't need to exist yet, they could always introduce it in his solo films, and its absence doesn't hurt the team-up flicks in the least. And he may be an urban legend to most people, but certain members of law enforcement and the criminal element surely would know him to be real, and understandably, something that they may keep under wraps from the rest of the world. Also, if this is the super-competent Batman, which is necessary to work with the Justice League, he should be able to do a pretty good job of remaining an urban legend, not revealing himself unless he feels it necessary, and when he does, doing it in such a fantastically nightmarish fashion that no one would believe it anyway.

Last edited:

"No son of mine's gonna be like dem city folk with dem weird machines and dem weird bat fetish"

Perhaps but the problem then is Batman loses any awe factor even when he does become officially recognised as real. Who'd give much of a **** about a guy dressing up in a bat costume when a superpowered flying alien has revealed himself to the world.

The awe factor of Batman is that, if he's just now making an appearance, no one really knows what he is, or what he's capable of. That's always been one of his biggest advantages when dealing with the criminal element. Hopefully, they capture that aspect of his character in the DCCU.

Hmmm, well I'm encouraged by these responses. I really hope they pull this off.

Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Lexcorp and Wayne industries team up to develop a way to fight these super beings. Similar to TDK, Wayne does it to get a closer look at what lexcorp is up to because of his suspicions. I bet when batman and superman meet for the first time bats already has a way to beat supes, cause well, you don't meet a super human you don't trust WITHOUT a way to defeat him..

Oh how I love the potential... This may have been discussed already but the thread has wayyyyyyy too many pages to go back through haha.

Back