Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's Hopeman's victim:

999hgt5e_zpskrmc4kmk.jpg~original

:lol:lol

I think super hero movie fatigue is going to start affecting these films no matter how good they are. I mean Deadpool, BvS, Civil War, and XM:Apoc all in the first 5 months of the year. That's a heavy schedule for the genre.

:exactly:
I think super hero movie fatigue is going to start affecting these films no matter how good they are. I mean Deadpool, BvS, Civil War, and XM:Apoc all in the first 5 months of the year. That's a heavy schedule for the genre.

:goodpost:

So, you're saying SUICIDE SQUAD and DOCTOR STRANGE should be concerned?

Personally, I think each is different enough from the usual superhero fare, and should do fine.

I'm still boycotting DR. STRANGE unless Steve Ditko is properly credited, though. And if they fail to do that yet still stick a stupid Stan Lee cameo in that film, then **** THEM and I will pull for that film to fail. But it won't.

So, you're saying SUICIDE SQUAD and DOCTOR STRANGE should be concerned?

Personally, I think each is different enough from the usual superhero fare, and should do fine.

I'm still boycotting DR. STRANGE unless Steve Ditko is properly credited, though. And if they fail to do that yet still stick a stupid Stan Lee cameo in that film, then **** THEM and I will pull for that film to fail. But it won't.

Why wouldn't he?

Would you be happy if Disney actually uses that line for proper accreditation? :lol

I'll be happy when Stan Lee stops getting credit for stuff he didn't actually have much to do with artistically. :lol

The problem is... the hagiography around him now is already so bad, I know it's going to be just insufferable once he croaks. Seriously, **** that guy and the millions of acolytes who continue to buy his BS.

Ditko won't get credit? Hilarious and sad. 98% of the world thinks Lee created all the big Marvel heroes himself.

Ditko won't get credit?
I didn't say he wouldn't. I said he BETTER.

98% of the world thinks Lee created all the big Marvel heroes himself.
I know. And it's B.S. I especially love when people credit him for Captain America, a character whose creation he literally had NOTHING to do with. Cap is 100% Joe Simon and Jack Kirby... and at least they get credited for it now. But it wasn't until recently that Kirby started getting proper creator credit from Marvel.

Never one to mince words, Alan Moore explained it best:

I'll be happy when Stan Lee stops getting credit for stuff he didn't have much to do with artistically. :lol

The problem is... the hagiography around him now is already so bad, I know it's going to be just insufferable once he croaks. Seriously, **** that guy and the millions of acolytes who continue to buy his ********.

Well, the same can be said about Walt Disney, George Lucas, Bob Kane and plenty of other creators that get way too much credit for other people's work. I don't know how much Lee was involved in creating all those books and characters, but I still respect the guy.

I know. And it's B.S. I especially love when people credit him for Captain America, a character whose creation he literally had NOTHING to do with. Cap is 100% Joe Simon and Jack Kirby...

I do wish that Joe Simon got to do the "I thought he'd be taller" cameo in CA:TFA instead of Stan Lee. They did give Simon and his family a private advance screening of it though which was nice (especially since he died later that same year.) Stan Lee is of course interviewed on the TFA special features disc and at least he himself specifies that he only came up with the idea to have Cap frozen in ice and that the character's creation was all Jack and Joe.

Back