Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a longtime Lone Ranger fan I was skeptical, but it won me over.

Really? I also am a fan. Grew up watching him every night on reruns. I also love Westerns. But man did I hate what they did to his character. One scene sums up the whole film and his awful character to me. When he hold up his guns in the bank and yells "this is a stick up" Blah... That was him in the whole film in a nutshell. They turned the ranger into a metrosexual goof who was beyond saving by the end of the film imo. The final train chase was an over the top cgi fest that lacked excitement. IMO The Mask of Zorro was a great t example of how to handle a film like this. But alas we got another Johnny Depp goofball role in an overstuffed overlong movie. Just not my kind of movie at all. Wish I could find some of the enjoyment you did.

After finally seeing Civil War I will agree that CW is pretty much better in every way than BvS but that's just because CW is so good, not because BvS was some vomitous car wreck of a film. I still greatly look forward to the blu-ray.
Is that a direct quote from Rotten Tomatoes?:)

Really? I also am a fan. Grew up watching him every night on reruns. I also love Westerns. But man did I hate what they did to his character. One scene sums up the whole film and his awful character to me. When he hold up his guns in the bank and yells "this is a stick up" Blah... That was him in the whole film in a nutshell. They turned the ranger into a metrosexual goof who was beyond saving by the end of the film imo. The final train chase was an over the top cgi fest that lacked excitement. IMO The Mask of Zorro was a great t example of how to handle a film like this. But alas we got another Johnny Depp goofball role in an overstuffed overlong movie. Just not my kind of movie at all. Wish I could find some of the enjoyment you did.

I almost walked out of LR.

Wish I had. :lol

John Carter was a very good film for me with the ALL TIME WORST title picked ever for a film like this...like LARRY CROWNE...JOHN CARTER...WTF Disney!!!

John Carter was a very good film for me with the ALL TIME WORST title picked ever for a film like this...like LARRY CROWNE...JOHN CARTER...WTF Disney!!!

It was fantastic. A classic adventure flick that we haven't seen the likes of in years, and maybe not see soon either.

It could have been a terrific franchise, I'm genuinely gutted we'll never see it continue. I didn't see it until Netflix got it and was blown back. Horrible horrible marketing!

It was fantastic. A classic adventure flick that we haven't seen the likes of in years, and maybe not see soon either.

It could have been a terrific franchise, I'm genuinely gutted we'll never see it continue. I didn't see it until Netflix got it and was blown back. Horrible horrible marketing!

Those days of trying out new film franchises are over for Disney- they have Marvel and SW and they have a gold mine with those and that's enough.....

CW level of success is obviously what WB was hoping for BvS regardless of the happy face they put on but still for a movie that was destroyed by the media and had an Affleck sad video making the rounds on the national news 870 million box office is still impressive.

CW level of success is obviously what WB was hoping for BvS regardless of the happy face they put on but still for a movie that was destroyed by the media and had an Affleck sad video making the rounds on the national news 870 million box office is still impressive.

Is it? They Bayformers get horrible reviews and still make over a billion.

Hmmm...

Good point.

Yeah, WB ****ed it up real bad. :lol

image.jpeg

Last edited:

197af81a-b1bf-45c9-89b4-bbbce4b35ab5.gif

Considering it was nuked by the entire media and reviews were over-the-top gouging it i think 870 million is VERY impressive. Yes WB had to be very unhappy to a degree. However looks like they will stay the course for at least three more DC films. It can't go worse for WB from here...can't it???????

Considering it was nuked by the entire media and reviews were over-the-top gouging it i think 870 million is VERY impressive. Yes WB had to be very unhappy to a degree. However looks like they will stay the course for at least three more DC films. It can't go worse for WB from here...can't it???????

Probably.

tumblr_mvxm4bDsF51s0etpjo2_400.gif

Are you kidding? Faraci and McWeeny already have their next 73 hit pieces written and ready to go.

There is a Saturday in my future that will involve a back to back BvS Extended/TFA/TWS/CW.

I am not moving off my couch other than to change discs.

Wife serves the beer. :lol

Back