Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TFA made 2 billion, even though it didn't make that much in China because they don't care about SW over there. If this film wasn't mediocre, and it had a 97 % on RT like Fury Road, and it was a fun film and not boring, I could see it making 2 billion just because of the repeat viewings and how big these characters are, but it won't happen, and JL won't be a big deal either...not after this mess. It's over...they'll make good money, but WB dropped the ball.

Did it? Huh, I must've missed it since it didn't dethrone Avatar. Everyone was fixated on that for a long while... As for BvS, dunno. If it was that good, maybe, but eh, I don't know. The GA knows Batman and Superman, but they don't care as much when compared to the past. CBMs have become the norm, rather than the exception. I could see it happening, but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for JL, if it's actually a good film, I could see it making some bank. AoU was mediocre at best, and thus didn't meet expectations. Deadpool was damn fun, and it defied expectations.

If this film was the greatest superhero movie ever it would never get close to $2 billion- that is special TFA territory once- the next films will not be as big. It was just the right timing and nostalgia pent up factor that made it a monster not to be equaled.

I think $1 billion is obtainable for BvS but we will have to see next week's grosses and then will have a good idea.

Except Titanic made more than TFA and so did Avatar, so that 2 billion territory isn't that special. When a piece of garbage like Jurassic World can make as much as it did, I don't see why BVS couldn't make more if it was great.

They even ruined Superman's death...in their first film :slap Superman's death should be a huge deal, but in this universe, people are probably happy that he's dead, so his death was pointless. And if he does come back as a villain, then that just proves that all the Superman haters were right about him...:slap It's rushed and just bad writing.

:goodpost:

I don't know why they even had to bring that into the mix. They rushed the important bits so they could add things they didn't need.

Did it? Huh, I must've missed it since it didn't dethrone Avatar. Everyone was fixated on that for a long while... As for BvS, dunno. If it was that good, maybe, but eh, I don't know. The GA knows Batman and Superman, but they don't care as much when compared to the past. CBMs have become the norm, rather than the exception. I could see it happening, but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for JL, if it's actually a good film, I could see it making some bank. AoU was mediocre at best, and thus didn't meet expectations. Deadpool was damn fun, and it defied expectations.

Yep- I still think cbm's time is running out as far as this high level of popularity- I know most of you think it can go on for many years but I think it could fold rather rapidly

They even ruined Superman's death...in their first film :slap Superman's death should be a huge deal, but in this universe, people are probably happy that he's dead, so his death was pointless. And if he does come back as a villain, then that just proves that all the Superman haters were right about him...:slap It's rushed and just bad writing.

not only that but snyder made an incredible mistake showing the dirt floating. it didnt even let us process that he just died. not for one minute. that was the strangest thing he did.
I dont understand his reasoning either cuz so what if people dont know he is coming back? so what? he was like "we just had to let everyone hell be back

why? why the f--? at least make that an after credits scene.....that made no sense

yeah you are right...once again that is the crazy Cameron factor but yeah i see that.....

It wasn't ruined, it was just used differently, instead of everybody being sad that Superman is ded, it was used as the cathartic event with which the world finally realizes that he was really a good guy. I used to think it was clunky, but I honestly don't know, Doomsday is a throwaway "character/villain" so I don't care about him.

And yeah, they shouldn't have shown the dirt floating, but then again, I don't know how much trust to put in the audience :lol

Yep- I still think cbm's time is running out as far as this high level of popularity- I know most of you think it can go on for many years but I think it could fold rather rapidly

Eh, I don't see why. Action movies haven't stopped. Dramas haven't stopped. CBMs are just another genre. And besides, anything can be a CBM, it doesn't have to be about super-heroes. Sandman, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, The Boys, all of these if translated to the big screen would fall under the Fantasy, Political Satire, Horror and Action categories respectively.

The latter doesn't necessarily follow from the former though. Everyone has a mother and yet scumbags and terrorists...

Yeah... But Superman had not really done anything wrong. Batman was looking at him basically though prejudiced eyes. Like he was nothing more then an Alien terrorist. Yelling his mothers name made Bats stop for one and two made him realize the two were not that different. He saw the humanity and not the Alien.

Eh, I don't see why. Action movies haven't stopped. Dramas haven't stopped. CBMs are just another genre. And besides, anything can be a CBM, it doesn't have to be about super-heroes. Sandman, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, The Boys, all of these if translated to the big screen would fall under the Fantasy, Political Satire, Horror and Action categories respectively.

i was thinking superheroes- yes there are many other ways to do

It wasn't ruined, it was just used differently, instead of everybody being sad that Superman is ded, it was used as the cathartic event with which the world finally realizes that he was really a good guy.

Except there was no sigh of such thing. Wouldn't saving the world in MOS make people realize he was actually good...or all the other nice things he did afterwards, but no, he was still a polarizing figure, so why is stopping some monster...which was also another Kryptonian, change people's minds? If anything, it gives their argument against Super credibility.

The funny thing is, the death scene would work if they had shown those same haters/protesters from the beginning of the film, at Superman's funeral....to suggest that, yeah, the public image of him has changed, but they didn't.

It wasn't ruined, it was just used differently, instead of everybody being sad that Superman is ded, it was used as the cathartic event with which the world finally realizes that he was really a good guy. I used to think it was clunky, but I honestly don't know, Doomsday is a throwaway "character/villain" so I don't care about him.

And yeah, they shouldn't have shown the dirt floating, but then again, I don't know how much trust to put in the audience :lol

but like, so what if people dont know or dont think he can come back? back when he was killed in the comic no one really knew what they were going with it... people didn't know what would happen back then

Why not do that again here? it was such a cheap thing to do. im not nitpicking because that dirt scene is just so stupid. you are not given any chance to process what you just saw. you literally are not given any breathing room to be like "omg he's dead" instead is like " I CANT BELIEVE HE DIED - Oh wait never mind he's totally fine"

The dirt rising only signified that the same kryptonian laser tech that destroyed Metropolis was being used on the coffin.

Maybe his body was being stolen?

I honestly don't know what that represented.

It didn't show him being back, people are just assuming that.

Except there was no sigh of such thing. Wouldn't saving the world in MOS make people realize he was actually good...or all the other nice things he did afterwards, but no, he was still a polarizing figure, so why is stopping some monster...which was also another Kryptonian, change people's minds? If anything, it gives their argument against Super credibility.

The funny thing is, the death scene would work if they had shown those same haters/protesters from the beginning of the film, at Superman's funeral....to suggest that, yeah, the public image of him has changed, but they didn't.

The lives Superman saved after MOS doesnt change the fact that he is the reason Zod came to earth, caused tens of thousands of peoples deaths and billions in damage.

Puff piece editorials for saving a cat out of a tree doesnt change that.

RgznrgC.png

but like, so what if people dont know or dont think he can come back? back when he was killed in the comic no one really knew what they were going with it... people didn't know what would happen back then

I knew Superman wouldn't stay dead. I never bought or read the Death of Superman because it was an obvious publicity stunt by DC. It never crossed my mind that he wouldn't come back.

Back