Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BvS broke another record, though it's not a good one...

Batman V Superman Breaks Records With Worst Friday-Sunday Drop for a Comic Book Movie!

Well, let's hope it rebounds this week.

That's a tad misleading, and they're absolutely downplaying the Easter thing (because they've clearly chosen to double-down*). Friday was a holiday for many people and schools (Good Friday) and Easter Sunday is generally not a big movie-going day like Thanksgiving and Christmas are.

This weekend's biggest drop (from last week) will be on Friday, and the drop between this Friday and this Sunday won't be nearly as big.

BTW, is "Biggest Friday to Sunday drop for a Comic Book Movie" even a real stat that people care about, or are they just making this **** up as they go along? :lol What's next "BvS had the biggest drop ever for a comic book movie on its 34th day of release!". Goobers.

* "Looks like reviews DO mean something after all..." Yeah, whatever you say, dorks.

Meh, Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, one of the worst and least profitable cbm's of all time, only had a 5.8% drop from Friday to Sunday. I doubt WB cares much about that. Other movies (TDKR, AOU, IM3) near the top of that list still went on to gross over a billion.

Well, that's true, but coupled with all the reviews, cinemascores, audience reaction and such, it's in a "dangerous" position when compared to AoU which yes, did receive criticism, but not as much. It'll do good, but numbers such as 1B+ don't seem that likely to me now.

That's a tad misleading, and they're downplaying the Easter thing. Friday was a holiday for many people (Good Friday) and Easter Sunday is generally not a big movie-going day like Thanksgiving and Christmas are.

This weekend's biggest drop will be on Friday, and the drop between this Friday and this Sunday won't be nearly as big.

Yeah, I thought of that as well. Still, Star Wars was released on December 24th here, and folks still floked the theatres. Then again, that was Star Wars...

I understand all the answers given to some of the questions I posted and I am getting around to some of the explanations. I still think Lex makes no sense at all. but whatever

but I have to say, to all the people that like the movie and liked Lex... that was not Lex Luthor, I mean, has Lex been this weird EVER before? regardless of his plans, has there ever been a lex in the comics or cartoons or Ever anything where he acted so wacky?

is this the first time? was this a good representation of Lex? I dont see how. im not into Superman in general but this did not feel like Lex at all. I still cannot think of him as related to this universe. he feels like a completely new character to me. (new as never seen in superman stuff ever before) not even the looks, not the personality, not the way he talks. nothing at all.
why even bring Lex Luthor into this if he was going to be so different?

AND, so was his father the REAL lex luthor? so the real lex luthor in this universe will never meet superman? is that whats going on? is this just Lex junior?
so why would Snyder create a brand new character just because he happened to like the actor? thats really weird. why bring his son into this then? Maybe it was clearly explained in the movie but I dont remember if they say the father was the real version and we just got junior

I can deal with a lot of you guys defending the movie and I can understand the answers given to the motivations, but I dont think I will ever accept this version of Lex (or lex junior)

I understand all the answers given to some of the questions I posted and I am getting around to some of the explanations. I still think Lex makes no sense at all. but whatever

but I have to say, to all the people that like the movie and liked Lex... that was not Lex Luthor, I mean, has Lex been this weird EVER before? regardless of his plans, has there ever been a lex in the comics or cartoons or Ever anything where he acted so wacky?

is this the first time? was this a good representation of Lex? I dont see how. im not into Superman in general but this did not feel like Lex at all. I still cannot think of him as related to this universe. he feels like a completely new character to me. (new as never seen in superman stuff ever before) not even the looks, not the personality, not the way he talks. nothing at all.

AND, so was his father the REAL lex luthor? so the real lex luthor in this universe will never meet superman? is that whats going on? is this just Lex junior?
so why would Snyder create a brand new character just because he happened to like the actor? thats really weird. why bring his son into this then? Maybe it was clearly explained in the movie but I dont remember if they say the father was the real version and we just got junior

I can deal with a lot of you guys defending the movie and I can understand the answers given to the motivations, but I dont think I will ever accept this version of Lex (or lex junior)

Young Lex in Superman: Secret Origin was kinda like that. Wacky and short-tempered. I guess you can also count early, mad-scientist-with-orange-hair-and-friend-of-Superboy Lex as well.

Yeah, I thought of that as well. Still, Star Wars was released on December 24th here, and folks still floked the theatres. Then again, that was Star Wars...

Oddly enough, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are 2 of the busiest days of the year in cinemas (at least here in the States). I never even imagined that until I was in my adult years. When I was a kid we never even left the house on Christmas.

Oddly enough, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are 2 of the busiest days of the year in cinemas (at least here in the States). I never even imagined that until I was in my adult years. When I was a kid we never even left the house on Christmas.

Neither did we, apart from an exception or two. Still, what I witnessed with Star Wars was quite peculiar. I booked my tickets a week in advance, and our small theatre (about 200 seats per room) was completely filled. Not to mention that the next showing at 22:00 was sold-out as well. Strange for Christmas Eve, and especially here.

You cray, cray. Of course he's the real Lex. He's a cray, cray type of Lex, that's USDA grade C Lex. He probably got kidnapped by Darkseid but he's still genetically a Lex, hahaha.

Neither did we, apart from an exception or two. Still, what I witnessed with Star Wars was quite peculiar. I booked my tickets a week in advance, and our small theatre (about 200 seats per room) was completely filled. Not to mention that the next showing at 22:00 was sold-out as well. Strange for Christmas Eve, and especially here.

Oh no doubt STAR WARS is a phenomenon without equal. I absolutely agree.

BvS broke another record, though it's not a good one...

Batman V Superman Breaks Records With Worst Friday-Sunday Drop for a Comic Book Movie!

Well, let's hope it rebounds this week.

This film will make a billion...probably, unless the word of mouth is so bad that people don't go see it. Also, I don't see most people watching this film multiple times, unlike Avengers, JW, Fast 7 or SW. It will at least make more than MOS domestically, which is not saying much, but if this was a good movie, it would have made 2 billion, but WB messed up their most important film. :slap

This film will make a billion...probably, unless the word of mouth is so bad that people don't go see it. Also, I don't see most people watching this film multiple times, unlike Avengers, JW, Fast 7 or SW. It will at least make more than MOS domestically, which is not saying much, but if this was a good movie, it would have made 2 billion, but WB messed up their most important film. :slap

If TFA couldn't hit 2B, I doubt BvS could, even under the best of circumstances.

It is now being reported that this film is the lowest grossing movie among all films titled Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder that were ever released on March 24th, 2016.

If TFA couldn't hit 2B, I doubt BvS could, even under the best of circumstances.

TFA made 2 billion, even though it didn't make that much in China because they don't care about SW over there. If this film wasn't mediocre, and it had a 97 % on RT like Fury Road, and it was a fun film and not boring, I could see it making 2 billion just because of the repeat viewings and because of how big these characters are in pop culture, but it won't happen, and JL won't be a big deal either...not after this mess. It's over...they'll make good money, but WB dropped the ball.

It is now being reported that this film is the lowest grossing movie among all films titled Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder that were ever released on March 24th, 2016.

:lol That is their fallback headline.

Young Lex in Superman: Secret Origin was kinda like that. Wacky and short-tempered. I guess you can also count early, mad-scientist-with-orange-hair-and-friend-of-Superboy Lex as well.

ok, i might have to check that out

You cray, cray. Of course he's the real Lex. He's a cray, cray type of Lex, that's USDA grade C Lex. He probably got kidnapped by Darkseid but he's still genetically a Lex, hahaha.

Well a lot of people were saying this is Lex Junior. I saw a lot of comments online about how this was the son. not the REAL one. so i dont know.

giphy.gif

They even ruined Superman's death...in their first film :slap Superman's death should be a huge deal, but in this universe, people are probably happy that he's dead, so his death was pointless. And if he does come back as a villain, then that just proves that all the Superman haters were right about him...:slap It's rushed and just bad writing.

TFA made 2 billion, even though it didn't make that much in China because they don't care about SW over there. If this film wasn't mediocre, and it had a 97 % on RT like Fury Road, and it was a fun film and not boring, I could see it making 2 billion just because of the repeat viewings and because of how big these characters are in pop culture, but it won't happen, and JL won't be a big deal either...not after this mess. It's over...they'll make good money, but WB dropped the ball.

If this film was the greatest superhero movie ever it would never get close to $2 billion- that is special TFA territory once- the next films will not be as big. It was just the right timing and nostalgia pent up factor that made it a monster not to be equaled.

I think $1 billion is obtainable for BvS but we will have to see next week's grosses and then will have a good idea.

Back