Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Wow! Didn't see this coming at all - quite surprised. Although, like others have said, Ledger got a ton of negativity when it was revealed he would play the Joker. I'm not implying Affleck is of that talent, just saying give it a chance - you never know.

Something about Affleck just irks me seeing him on film. Definitely cannot see him as either Wayne or in the suit. Had no problem when Bale was cast, even Keaton was a wait and see for me back in 89. So amazingly with a single announcement this movie has dropped off my got to see list.

:exactly:
There has always been something about his acting that I just do not like. He might be a great guy in person but on film I have no interest.
That said I really hope he proves me wrong and this movie turns out great.

Jon+Hamm+Backstage+2013+ESPY+Awards+EoXuHR5jf3pl.jpg

I think he'll pull of a decent Bruce Wayne. Not sure about Batman though.

He could play Harvey Dent. Maybe.

that makes me wonder how much of Bruce Wayne's world will be featured in this movie then. Will they go as far as showing someone like Harvey Dent?
Makes me wonder how many batman characters or Villains will they pull for this.

He was the bomb in phantoms. This will rule.

OH MY GOD I HATE BEN AFFLECK! I just found out and came here to see if all this load of bull was true.

Ebay is down and Ben Affleck for Batman what in the world is going on here?!!!

This is disgusting!

that makes me wonder how much of Bruce Wayne's world will be featured in this movie then. Will they go as far as showing someone like Harvey Dent?
Makes me wonder how many batman characters or Villains will they pull for this.

I hope it's mainly just Batman in Metropolis.

Save Matt Damon as HD for the solo franchise

He has an intimidating presence (The Town).

He can pull off brooding (Argo. Though that was more of "pained and restrained", but that bodes well for brooding ;) )

And most importantly - all the roles that he is constantly hounded for (gigli, armageddon, dardevil), are things of the past. That guy is long gone. He hasn't just matured as a director, but as an artist and entertainer in general.

Plus this is a totally counterintuitive (and potentialy damaging) move for his career, especially now when he finally earned his reputation as a "serious hollywood director over 40...WITH A BEARD!". So he must know what he is doing. And so does WB. Today this is a totally different calibre of actor than the one who flirted with Liv Tyler, in Armageddon.

I can't see him sucking. He might not be great, he might not do the same job as Brolin or Urban would have, but saying that this choice is catastophical just becouse its "the guy who used to cry while Bruce Willis blowed up an asteroid" is silly.

He has the looks. He has the chops. He definitely knows whats required of him since he's
a) a comic reader and a Batman fan
b) smarter than both Snyder and Goyer.

OH MY GOD I HATE BEN AFFLECK! I just found out and came here to see if all this load of bull was true.

This is disgusting!

WTF? WTF What happened to Ebay????? :horror:horror

daredevil_8480.jpg

daredevil1.jpeg

ben-affleck-as-daredevil.jpg

daredevil.jpg

well...i guess this is a preview of what batman will potentially look like......as far as the exposed mouth is concerned....

I think it's time I finally get round to Argo and The Town. The only films with Ben Affleck I've seen are Daredevil DC and Kevin Smith ones. Speaking of him, he must be crying with happiness right now.

As others have said, from physical looks he could portray Bruce Wayne very well. He has done that cocky attitude in the past which could play well here. As Batman though, I'm going to have to wait and hope I'm pleasantly suprised. Right now, I can't see it but I'm sure they have a good reason.

Last edited:

Well, out of anyone associated with this project, Affleck has more to lose than to gain.

After seeing what he has accomplished in the last couple of years I don't think he'd just join this on a whim. There's rumors going around that Warner Bros. have given him the directing keys for future Batman films with this deal, he's not exactly a horrible actor or director. :lol

Look at all the films he's directed, written and acted in simultaneously. Look at what's he's achieved, bouncing off the likes of Gigli and those early 2000s bombs. That's no easy task. He almost seems "too good" to be in some Snyder directed, Goyer written super hero flick.

I wanna know Irish's thoughts on this.

I was thinking this too. I really don't know a lot about Affleck lately to judge this news. I used to hate his older stuff but I hear lately he's proven himself as quite the talent. In one sense though I'm kind of relieved they've chosen and announced an actor. Really interested to see how he'll look in the suit, and what the suit will be like, and how he'll sound.

I do still hope this stays as predominantly a Superman movie that features Batman, then leave the rest of Batman's world and rogues for his solo films.

[ame="https://youtu.be/L3mWJdgT0R8"]https://youtu.be/L3mWJdgT0R8[/ame]

This is disgusting!

You just summed up my entire morning. I can't handle both of these things at the same time.

at least the conversation about this on here has been very civil lol.
I'm glad about that, everywhere else everyone is still losing their minds hahahaha :lol:lol:lol

Back