Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he's this whiny, high pitch voiced, jackal like character. I dunno what the writers are goin for with those lines

Also, I cringed when I saw the part where batman and superman is going all avenger / tony starkesque comedy with "...I thought she was with you?" ****.

I thought DC wasn't going to get all funny like how Marvel does .... guess not. That exchange was stupid.

WB must be terrified if they're dropping such big spoilers months before release.
I just think they still don't know what the hell they're doing, as a production entity. We just have to hope that some of the individual films will work out despite WB's influence on the process.

"Who's your tailor?"

*Jeremy Irons grins sheepishly*

*then Kevin James enters the room and lets out a comically long fart, and is then Adam Sandler gets hit in the nuts by a child and falls over*

*then Kevin James enters the room and lets out a comically long fart, and is then Adam Sandler gets hit in the nuts by a child and falls over*

How are you NOT involved in the production of this movie????? That's gold right there!

I just think they still don't know what the hell they're doing, as a production entity. We just have to hope that some of the individual films will work out despite WB's influence on the process.

I know it's just a trailer but I worry my fears will be well founded that this was just a really crap way to universe build by throwing all these characters together straight away without solo films for each of them beforehand. Gaspar has always argued that the Marvel way doesn't have to be the only way but....it may be the far better way.

Yeah, he's this whiny, high pitch voiced, jackal like character. I dunno what the writers are goin for with those lines

Also, I cringed when I saw the part where batman and superman is going all avenger / tony starkesque comedy with "...I thought she was with you?" ****.

I thought DC wasn't going to get all funny like how Marvel does .... guess not. That exchange was stupid.

U guys know they did that for the marvel suckers right?

Besides it wasn't THAT funny......... It wasn't retarded marvel funny.

How are you NOT involved in the production of this movie????? That's gold right there!
Preaching to the choir. Snyder, gimme a call.

I know it's just a trailer but I worry my fears will be well founded that this was just a really crap way to universe build by throwing all these characters together straight away without solo films for each of them beforehand. Gaspar has always argued that the Marvel way doesn't have to be the only way but....it may be the far better way.
When I first read your sentence I thought you said they were "crapping out a universe," and I think that's an appropriate metaphor. I agree in theory with Gaspar, but, and I think I was making this argument with NamMagazine 3-4 years ago, it only works if you have talented, competent people involved. And WB hasn't shown itself to have that, with the obvious exception of Nolan.

Do any of these lines really seem out of place with the others?

"I'll get drive thru."

"It's the car right, chicks dig the car."

"I thought she was with you."

"This is why Superman works alone."

Now I'm waiting for Riddler Luthor to say "I'm a lover not a fighter which is why every Lex Luthor action figure comes with HIM." *Doomsday crashes through floor*

If neither of them don't know who she is....
And each guy thinks she is with the other guy....

It doesn't even feel like a joke.
Not really

I'm sure that scene will work in the film. Batman can be funny when he's interacting with other heroes because he's so serious, like in the JL cartoons, but I still didn't need to see that in the trailer.

I wonder if Bruce is going to figure out that Clark is Superman? If so I hope it's not some easy put together scenario where someone says something or makes easy for him. Batman is a detective he should put it together.

The humor didn't work because of the lousy editing and this gem of a reaction from Bats.

v7iuy.jpg

Even if the editing issue was isolated to just the trailer, this is not how THE Batman would react to getting saved from a metahuman blast.

I wonder if Bruce is going to figure out that Clark is Superman? If so I hope it's not some easy put together scenario where someone says something or makes easy for him. Batman is a detective he should put it together.

Wait until the next trailer to find out :lol

I thought the way they did it in the animated cartoons was really good. One of my favorite episodes.

Still, as much as I like it, if they were to do the same thing on film, with batman smiling and giving a thumbs up, it would be super cheesy...but it works in the cartoons.

Yeah, that was really smart of him to put a tracer on Supes and follow it. I remember laughing my butt off when I first saw it.

Wait until the next trailer to find out :lol

I thought the way they did it in the animated cartoons was really good. One of my favorite episodes.

Still, as much as I like it, if they were to do the same thing on film, with batman smiling and giving a thumbs up, it would be super cheesy...but it works in the cartoons.

i find it truly incredible how cartoons got everything so right...specially in the 90s (same with X Men) these studios spend hundreds of millions and couldn't get stuff as good as the cartoons did it.

Because general public doesn't care what happens in toons.

Example.

Transformers The Movie by Sunbow - Less than 6 million world wide.

Transformers by Michael Bay - Almost 4 billion world wide.

Back