Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With his wanton disregard for human life and dedication to protecting his son's secret, I'd wager you'd find at least one body in that corn field.

Oh, you know that growing up on Snyder's Kent farm must have gotten freaky:

"Hey Clark -- let's play ball at my house instead today, okay?"

___

It's like the 1st 20 pages of the MoS thread all over again.

Not trying to ruin all the fun but that video was already debunked, they messed with the "original footage" to make the coloring look a little less poo.

I still love it. It's just fun to give it **** sometimes.:lol

I think Snyder should have established Superman first. Let us see him do some saving-other than lois lane on ice- before bringing in the evil Kryptonians. The first villain should have been braniac, or mentallo. Then in the sequel bring in the angry kryptonians, or end the first movie with their appearance creating a cliff hanger for the sequel. The 79 Superman movie did that established that he is here to help and he will do the impossible to save Lois Lane, then the big threat came in the sequel. Nolan did it for Batman. The Joker was a bigger threat and Batman went through way more of a challenge personally and plot wise in the Dark Knight. In Man of Steel nothing is established he's there, they are there they fight Supes kills Zod, end of movie. No matter what anyone says the MOS ending is depressing. Yes the villain gets beat, and the city gets saved, but the destruction of the spy satellite is done in such a way that it comes across as threatening. After all that destruction you would think Supes would learn he does not have to crash the thing right in front of the general to make a point. That kills the movie for me more than anything. He wants us to trust him, but if we don't he's going to just destroy more stuff until we do?

Been there, done that.
Would have been another boring fest seeing him only saving humans.
they needed to get the big guns right away because of SR.
I like the urgency of it all, he makes mistakes and big ones, and thats what makes it interesting for me.
The blue boyscout routine can come later, if it ever does...
Now yep the end is depressing and its gonna be adressed in BvS.
The goal was to make believe what would happen if Supes was in our world,
and all the violence, suspicion, fear i saw in MOS fits pretty well with our ****** world.
The Satellite scene is indeed pretty annoying.

Oh, you know that growing up on Snyder's Kent farm must have gotten freaky:

"Hey Clark -- let's play ball at my house instead today, okay?"

___

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I can see it, now:

"Clark, how did you do that!?! No one can hit a ball that far...it's impossible."

"He knows, Clark. He knows."

"But dad, he's my friend."

"He knows, Clark. Now, do it!"

"Sorry, Tommy."

*snap*

"Alright, Mr. Kent; walk us through what happened."

"I don't know. Martha made lunch for the boys, and Clark came in, but...we just. We just found him in the barn. He must've been trying to climb the ladder, and..."

"Mr. Kent, that is the fifth child in as many weeks to have an "accident" on your property. I'm going to need you to come down to the station with me, so I can ask you some quest-"

*snap*

"That's my boy."

I've always wondered what you'd find on Kent Farm. With his wanton disregard for human life and dedication to protecting his son's secret, I'd wager you'd find at least one body in that corn field. They basically tell you right out when he talks about taking the key to a metallurgist at KSU. How'd they get the guy who just discovered a new element to shut up about it? My guess is that Dr. Whatshisface didn't show up for work on Monday because he was too busy role playing "Natural Born Killers" with Heckle and Jeckle down on the farm.

Wtf . Lol he's Dancing with the Wolves he doesn't have time to bury people in the field of dreams

It's like the 1st 20 pages of the MoS thread all over again.

Not trying to ruin all the fun but that video was already debunked, they messed with the "original footage" to make the coloring look a little less poo.

Their case was still correct though, even if they mismanaged their evidence.

Thank you I love my Grannies!

Do you guys think that Leto will cross over into this series? It's a good way of establishing a character if there are movies leading up to their encounter

I would imagine so, I'd imagine we will see Batfleck and LetoJoker in a movie of their own.

Been there, done that.
Would have been another boring fest seeing him only saving humans.
they needed to get the big guns right away because of SR.
I like the urgency of it all, he makes mistakes and big ones, and thats what makes it interesting for me.
The blue boyscout routine can come later, if it ever does...
Now yep the end is depressing and its gonna be adressed in BvS.
The goal was to make believe what would happen if Supes was in our world,
and all the violence, suspicion, fear i saw in MOS fits pretty well with our ****** world.
The Satellite scene is indeed pretty annoying.
Then based on what you are saying Snyder went against everything Superman is about then. Superman was created during the end of the great depression when our world was at its worst as a sign of hope. This guy with all of the big mistakes that you mention would have made the people of the world feel even worse.

Their case was still correct though, even if they mismanaged their evidence.
I disagree, because while I do believe a recoloring can be done successfully, it's not necessary.

And frankly they do a terrible job defending their case with their recoloring anyway, it's just laughably bad :lol they didn't need to manipulate the evidence for nothing.

CDeWR79UsAAhlIz.jpg

Then based on what you are saying Snyder went against everything Superman is about then. Superman was created during the end of the great depression when our world was at its worst as a sign of hope. This guy with all of the big mistakes that you mention would have made the people of the world feel even worse.

In the end he still saved the day.
And its always dark before the dawn ^^

Snyder embracing the comic book roots of the DC universe
He's not really even doing this. Yes, this movie appears to be super heavily influenced by the Dark Knight Returns, but that was actually a future, alternate reality-type tale. If it had come out a few years later it would have been labeled an "Elseworlds" book.

But one thing about Snyder is that he's shown he can recreate existing comics (300, Watchmen) reasonably well. In fact, I think those films suggest that he can make OK movies in general so long as he's not one of the major creative forces behind the story. Not great, but he's OK. My sliver of optimism for this new film hinges on this expectation, and the knowledge that the writer of Argo is now involved, probably tag teaming with Affleck to push for a better film than what we saw previously.

handheld is shacky cam now?
2 mins into this and the guy sound already like he knows nothing about what he's talking.
So we need some building to the reaction Kal has after killing Zod? Like its not enough that he made a genocide minutes before by destroying the genesis room or that simply killing Zod is nervebreaking.
As for the Jesus thing yep that was hamfisted, i guess Snyder has no trust over the Us average audience wich is usually considered dumb by many of those roaming this forum who complain all the time about dumb movie being hits.
And seriously quoting Kubrick lol, now who is taking this too seriously.
The guy doesnt like Snyder s style from the get go, just listen to what he says about Watchmen or 300.
Completely biaised analysis.
But a agree that the movie is flawed.

Last edited:
Back