Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the film he spoke about was the film that was actually made.
It really did have so much potential to be an intelligent, exciting and completely different movie. He's right about the subject matter, and can't help but think that's where Nolan's head was at also. Unfortunately they hired the wrong people to make the movie.

Instead we got a meaningless video game movie. Still love Zimmer's score though. Best part of the movie for me.
It's no William's but nothing could be.

I just find the movie to be boring.

I can watch STM and not be bored regardless how out dated the themes are pre 911.

STM was content moving on post Vietnam, MOS wants to still explore 911, government and social religious themes, that's fine, I'm ok with that, just don't make it so damn boring.

Avengers might be silly colorful kids crap with no serious narrative, but I can watch it over and over and over.

When I want to be depressed and hate humanity I will watch the news for my bleak and grey fun.

Hulk smash Loki > Hopeman floating like Jesus.

Oh look at me, I'm supposed to be Jesus, get it. Ughhhhhh.

At least Donner made the religious stuff simultaneously cool and fun. :lol

Last edited:
The fact that they went for an action route and that is still boring as hell is a real testament to their filmmaking skills.
Seriously you can sit and watch super beings kicking the **** out of each other and not feel remotely engaged or interested in the outcome. Just CG ragdoll action. Flop, flop, smashy smashy, flop, real shot of actor, flop, flop smashy smashy.
Awful.

And the military were like something out of Santa Claus the movie, or ALF.

It's like the Hulk smash Loki scene from the avengers but without the humour and it happens again.. And again.. And again..

Well done all round boys! :lol

Considering all these characters re imagined I am curious to see how the real villain will look like whether is what they say doomsday or whatever he will be

MOS Action was engaging, well choregraphied, violent.
FX were awesome, mix of stylized/realism.The posing as they say in animation is trully awesome.
Avengers 1/2 was/is boring.
Marvel could not do an exciting action scene even if their lives depended on it.
Lets not even think about iconic shots lol that group shot in avenger 1 was so laaaaaameeeeeeeee.
Its always dull, generic and uninspired. Pure fillers.
It has beautifull shiny colors tho.
Yay!

Those analysis are really interesting thanks for posting guys :)

Last edited:
Ok OK we get you guys didn't like MOS- I did and think it's alot more interesting and clever than alot of the Marvel movies...both are great in their own ways- this one just took a different route. No movie is going to meet any kind of expectations you create of the character in your own mind...

Ok OK we get you guys didn't like MOS- I did and think it's alot more interesting and clever than alot of the Marvel movies...both are great in their own ways- this one just took a different route. No movie is going to meet any kind of expectations you create of the character in your own mind...

Amen to that.
Some should just...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

MOS Action was engaging, well choregraphied, violent.
FX were awesome, mix of stylized/realism.The posing as they say in animation is trully awesome.
Avengers 1/2 was/is boring.
Marvel could not do an exciting action scene even if their lives depended on it.
Lets not even think about iconic shots lol that group shot in avenger 1 was so laaaaaameeeeeeeee.
Its always dull, generic and uninspired. Pure fillers.
It has beautifull shiny colors tho.
Yay!

Those analysis are really interesting thanks for posting guys :)

I didn't like The Avengers and I didn't like MOS, but Avengers did have better action. Can't think of an action scene in MoS that was as epic as the "I'm always angry" scene with Hulk. MoS had a lot of action, but no creativity, it's just super powered beings flying around punching each other throughout and it got repetitive real quick for me. Surprisingly, Whedon actually did a better job in that department by creating some pretty cool scenes that didn't feel as generic as MoS action scenes.

Maybe it's because MoS took itself more seriously, I judged it as such, and it failed on every level for me. Most Marvel movies can get away with a lot of the cheesy humor, dialogue, and subpar acting. Mind you, I'm not a superman fan, I don't read the comics, so the whole aesthetic choice, tone, and neck breaking, had no bearing on how I judged the movie, there's just way too many flaws, and those flaws look even worse in a movie taking itself serious.

I just think bringing in Zach Snyder to helm a movie with Nolan's vision was a bad decision, but then again, I don't think Nolan's vision was appropriate for Superman, so with Nolan/Goyer gone, the new writer, Snyder embracing the comic book roots of the DC universe, and WB delaying the movie to make sure the universe is well though out and not half assed, I think Batman v Superman has a much better chance at being a good movie and better than its predecessor compared to Age of Ultron since the same writer/director is back, I doubt it'll be much different than the first.

Im sorry but you couldnt be more wrong ;)
The action scenes are far more creative, original than most of whats out there.
The camera work, pace, composition of the action scenes have been meticulously boarded by Snyder himself and Jay Oliva, one the most talented guy working at Dc animation (he is the one who directed the DK returns anime among others). Just watch the final part of the fight scene (after Zod remove his armor) it is beautifully chorgraphied, and pure animation style brought to life. Movie has big flaws but the action is clearly one of its force.
The smallville fight humiliate every pseudo climax i have seen in every Marvel movie.
The final fight is actually quite short, but i guess if when one did not enjoyed what happened before, did not care for the characters then its just normal to not care anymore and dont pay really attention.

As for the Nolan thing, well he basically has nothing to do with the movie.
He was here to reassure Warner, who gave him a lot of money to godfather the project.
Goyer script was tossed and rewritten by Snyder team.
Years ago when Snyder was asked what would be his dream project, he was already talking about Superman and DK returns. That always was the way he was going to approach the characters.
BTW im sure BvS will have more Snyderism in it, MOS was like a mix between Nolans naturalism and Snyder's over stylized work. The teaser looks more like an Snyder movie already.
Well we'll see :)

On a sidenote, i rewatched Snyders DOTD recently, his best directing work with Watchmen camera wise, and there is this little funny part where the survivors enter the Mall trought a store by breaking the windows.
The name of the store is METROPOLIS, later a character says ""why don't you go clean up the mess you made in metropolis", foreshadowing lol

Last edited:
My observation from on MOS action vs Avengers action from sold out theater viewings, well, MOS was really never as packed as Avengers was.

Crowd would go bonkers every time Avengers assembled, Hulk fought Thor, Hulk punching Thor and smashing Loki , Cap action and RDJ humor.

Every MOS battle was met with complete silence.

Must be because of the serious adult drama, very important stuff, no clapping allowed.

Shhh quiet, sophisticated story happening here.

Yep the final fight was not funny at all,neither was the movie.
It was not trying to be. So yep no cheering was to be expected.
The tone was set very early so people knew what to expect.
Cheering after Zod suicide by cop would have been like cheering at John Doe being shot in the Head by Mills.

Even if i like the movie I did not cheered either, but that final fight got me pumped and on the edge of my seat all the time. Because i felt there was danger, the stakes were highs, i really tought that Supes could go down.

But Yep its a serious take on Supes, it was clear from the get go.
This doesnt need to be debated.
Either you like it or not.
You dont. Ok. The end.

Now the fact that Superman should be fun or not is another thing.
But once again there are many takes on the character in comic book forms, same goes for Batman.
This is Snyders take on the character, hes not saying THIS IS SUPERMAN AS IT SHOULD BE.
So juste wait for the next reboot or go back to Donners or Singers.

Last edited:

I can watch STM and not be bored regardless how out dated the themes are pre 911.

STM was content moving on post Vietnam, MOS wants to still explore 911, government and social religious themes, that's fine, I'm ok with that, just don't make it so damn boring.

Avengers might be silly colorful kids crap with no serious narrative, but I can watch it over and over and over.

When I want to be depressed and hate humanity I will watch the news for my bleak and grey fun.

Hulk smash Loki > Hopeman floating like Jesus.

Oh look at me, I'm supposed to be Jesus, get it. Ughhhhhh.

At least Donner made the religious stuff simultaneously cool and fun. :lol

Quoted for got-danged mothahumpin' truth!

Both Avengers and Man Of Steel were as cheesy and dumb as hell.

Both for very different reasons.
But one worked and one didn't. The one that worked didn't try to take itself very seriously. The one that didn't work thought it was intellectual but was actually as dumb as ****.

At least Donner made the religious stuff simultaneously cool and fun.

:clap

Go tell it on the MOUNTAIN, Brother! :lecture

Save yer mopey-bleak-emo superheroes for the artisan-curated-skinnyjean clowns.

Lawl at folk thinking MoS is something higher than it is.

Bro Snyder makes pretty looking things with no depth, kinda like Kate Upton.

Yep the final fight was not funny at all,neither was the movie.
It was not trying to be. So yep no cheering was to be expected.
The tone was set very early so people knew what to expect.
Cheering after Zod suicide by cop would have been like cheering at John Doe being shot in the Head by Mills.

Even if i like the movie I did not cheered either, but that final fight got me pumped and on the edge of my seat all the time. Because i felt there was danger, the stakes were highs, i really tought that Supes could go down.

But Yep its a serious take on Supes, it was clear from the get go.
This doesnt need to be debated.
Either you like it or not.
You dont. Ok. The end.

Now the fact that Superman should be fun or not is another thing.
But once again there are many takes on the character in comic book forms, same goes for Batman.
This is Snyders take on the character, hes not saying THIS IS SUPERMAN AS IT SHOULD BE.
So juste wait for the next reboot or go back to Donners or Singers.

I was just hoping for one heroic moment to liven things up, his symbol stood for hope after all. Something for me to grab onto and have a connection with because the over complicated codex birthing story went right over my simple Avengers head.

I'll admit that my favorite part was when I saw the CR likeness tribute when he was standing up below the world engine.

It's all good, Superman means different things for different people.

Quoted for got-danged mothahumpin' truth!

:lol

Both Avengers and Man Of Steel were as cheesy and dumb as hell.

Both for very different reasons.
But one worked and one didn't. The one that worked didn't try to take itself very seriously. The one that didn't work thought it was intellectual but was actually as dumb as ****.

Ummmm....this. :lecture

:clap

Go tell it on the MOUNTAIN, Brother! :lecture

Save yer mopey-bleak-emo superheroes for the artisan-curated-skinnyjean clowns.

:lol

Lawl at folk thinking MoS is something higher than it is.

Bro Snyder makes pretty looking things with no depth, kinda like Kate Upton.

MOS is like very expensive sophisticated fine wine, bitter as ****. :lol

I think Snyder should have established Superman first. Let us see him do some saving-other than lois lane on ice- before bringing in the evil Kryptonians. The first villain should have been braniac, or mentallo. Then in the sequel bring in the angry kryptonians, or end the first movie with their appearance creating a cliff hanger for the sequel. The 79 Superman movie did that established that he is here to help and he will do the impossible to save Lois Lane, then the big threat came in the sequel. Nolan did it for Batman. The Joker was a bigger threat and Batman went through way more of a challenge personally and plot wise in the Dark Knight. In Man of Steel nothing is established he's there, they are there they fight Supes kills Zod, end of movie. No matter what anyone says the MOS ending is depressing. Yes the villain gets beat, and the city gets saved, but the destruction of the spy satellite is done in such a way that it comes across as threatening. After all that destruction you would think Supes would learn he does not have to crash the thing right in front of the general to make a point. That kills the movie for me more than anything. He wants us to trust him, but if we don't he's going to just destroy more stuff until we do?

I've always wondered what you'd find on Kent Farm. With his wanton disregard for human life and dedication to protecting his son's secret, I'd wager you'd find at least one body in that corn field. They basically tell you right out when he talks about taking the key to a metallurgist at KSU. How'd they get the guy who just discovered a new element to shut up about it? My guess is that Dr. Whatshisface didn't show up for work on Monday because he was too busy role playing "Natural Born Killers" with Heckle and Jeckle down on the farm.

Back