Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the film and am super excited about the PF! I'll take a flawed but very brave and visually stunning movie over a save, samey, assembly line kiddie film like Civil War any day of the week. I really don't get the obsession with the Marvel movies. That is like everybody loving the most mainstream, middle of the road snoozefest of a pop song.

Loved the film and am super excited about the PF! I'll take a flawed but very brave and visually stunning movie over a save, samey, assembly line kiddie film like Civil War any day of the week. I really don't get the obsession with the Marvel movies. That is like everybody loving the most mainstream, middle of the road snoozefest of a pop song.

I liked most of BVS except for two things, Luther and Doomsday. In a way that's no different from most of the MCU films where the villian is usually the weakest link.

But I do find the MCU series of films to be more solid and enjoyable, and as such for me at least more repeat viewings. And given that Marvel Studios have found a mainstream formula that works they're unlikely to change their 'assembly'.

I'll take a flawed but very brave and visually stunning movie over a save, samey, assembly line kiddie film like Civil War any day of the week. I really don't get the obsession with the Marvel movies. That is like everybody loving the most mainstream, middle of the road snoozefest of a pop song.

giphy.gif

:goodpost:

Wow...not sure what I'm going to do here. Mine is also processing on the 6th and that face just doesn't seem to do it for me. Need to do some serious thinking over the next few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

With the face paint app i've seen... I am really tempted to get that Prime 1 batsy now...I really wish they did that in 1/4 though...that price:gah:

Why pick on this piece with low quality photos? people just want a reason to hate. A few pages back this piece looks amazing in some in hand photos.

Not knocking the paint, looks fine ..But it doesn't look like Affleck.. which could be a positive or negative for some. ..looks like he has a fat lip.. Can't always go by photos though, statues always look better in person.

Bats%200001%20copy.jpg

I think the face is to thin plus no 5 o'clock shadow kind of hurts the resemblance IMO... If you want movie likeness the only companies that really pulls it off right now is Iron Studios and Prime 1

Bats%200001%20copy.jpg

I think the face is to thin plus no 5 o'clock shadow kind of hurts the resemblance IMO... If you want movie likeness the only companies that really pulls it off right now is Iron Studios and Prime 1

And Hot Toys! And Blitzway! And probably a few others.

I'll still be getting this piece as Sideshow always delivers on my 'expectations' of their movie statues. Which is that recently they can't seem to catch the likeness of a human facesculpt even if someone hit them over the head with it. I've just accepted it and now always view those prototype photos with a major grain of salt.

So glad I cancelled. Headsculpt looks bad IMO. Would love to know what the hell happened to the prototype headsculpt? It's like it was scrapped and redone.

Pretty much the subtle textures in his face got lost in the casting process, you can notice in the fb pictures that the slight textures in his bat symbol are gone too. Add that to over painted lips/simplified paint job in the details and you get the final product.

I just wish they did what Prime 1 do (and possibly others) and use the same factory to produce their prototype as they use for their production pieces.

I do not like what I am seeing here, i hate to lose the nrd but it seems like the best course of action at this point. That HS looks terrible. I don't understand why they have such wide variations in quality.. She Devil and Cap Marvel HS are sculpted and painted perfectly almost look like they were made by different company (prime one??). There is no excuse for such a ****** paint job on the face. Instead of bumping up the release date they should have sent this back to the factories to redue like they did darksied. There is no incentive for the factory to produce quality goods If ssc accepts this garbage from them

Last edited:
I do not like what I am seeing here, i hate to lose the nrd but it's seems like the best course of action at the point. That HS looks terrible. I don't understand why they have such wide variations in quality.. She Devil and Cap Marvel HS are sculpted and painted perfectly almost look like they were made by different company (prime one??). There is no excuse for such a ****** paint job on the face. Instead of bumping up the release date they should have sent this back to the factories to redue like they did darksied. There is no incentive for the factory to produce quality goods If ssc accepts this garbage from them

I think Sideshow are playing the long game. By producing subpar pieces which people will buy, me included, they have created a market where people are now willing to pay significantly more for quality pieces from XM, Prime 1, and Iron Studios. Imo this will enable Sideshow in the future to significantly increase their prices (even further) using the reason that they will use better and more expensive production factories for their pieces.

Back