Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the same sculpt -- but the final product's paintjob on the face isn't good and that gives us the illusion that the sculpt differ from the proto.

Really underwhelmed. Sideshow, YOU NEED NOT RELEASE THIS WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. you cater to people who can be impatient at times but are mostly okay with delays as long as the quality is worth the wait and the price. You need not say "oh okay, now go put them all in the boat" just because your factory overseas tells you it's done. This isn't due for months, you could still demand for revisions unless you didn't care and wanted to just get over with it. Less than 2000 pieces, $500, and this could have been a lot better. It's not bad -- but I personally had high hopes considering that Sonja, Darkseid and the other figures just released turned out nice, and Sideshow need only the mouth to spend more time with to do as close to the proto as possible.

Even the base is lacking the weathering effects on the "metal" part while the rock looks like a solid lump of clay now.

I envy you guys who can cancel by a click of a button. I can't. Apart from losing $50 NRD I'll also be given a warning by our sole Sideshow distributor and won't be able to PO again unless I pay in full. My only choice now is to hope that this would look much better in hand.

1080p screen captures for those who wish to see clearer. Photobucket may have decreased the image quality though.

BvSFace_zpswhzdqfbx.jpg

BvSFace2_zpswftf7qpz.jpg

BvSBase_zpsfigvi88k.jpg

Those unboxing videos they've started doing are terrible for the look of the statue.. way too much lighting making colors look off.. the same happened with the Green Goblin piece but in hand it was much better.

Now, going by this unboxing video..The mouth does look different and the skin tone looks terrible. They did an amazing job recently on the Bale Batmans portrait so hopefully it's just the lighting playing tricks.

Those unboxing videos they've started doing are terrible for the look of the statue.. way too much lighting making colors look off.. the same happened with the Green Goblin piece but in hand it was much better.

Now, going by this unboxing video..The mouth does look different and the skin tone looks terrible. They did an amazing job recently on the Bale Batmans portrait so hopefully it's just the lighting playing tricks.

I hope so. We'll see. I haven't Decided about canceling or not. Might wait for in hand photos.

those last set of pics look good. He just needs more scruff to be spot on. Ben had some heavy 5o'clock shadow throughout the movie

Those new pictures look better, Sideshow needs to put out professional production piece pictures. That unboxing video makes the statue look horrible, hopefully they take note of that.

Ended up canceling. Don't need 2 Batman's and I'm happy with the Bale. If I want it later I'll pick up the regular off eBay since the ex isn't a MUST for me on this one.

I am still excited about him. For a sec I was thinking about cancelling and getting a Reg in a few months, which would be cheaper, but I don't wanna wait that long. I am hyped for this. I also don't think the paint app is that bad, but I am not that picky^^

Now I kinda wish my exclusive waitlist didn't convert. I feel this will hot bargain price sooner than later on eBay. Disappointing SS rushed this out and sacrificing quality.

I think... 'er I hope... that in the end this looks better than what has been shown thus far.

My major concerns around the "hump", may be over-blown, as I suspect it'll be a non-issue when displaying him. My primary concerns now are around the accuracy of the cowl; specifically how thick and rounded SS have made the bottom aspects at the front and rear. The movie cowl had a very low profile. The piece that extends down from the neck appears to sit within the chest musculature (I know it doesn't but it's thin enough to give that illusion). SS have created a rounded blob where the cowl meets the chest and back. They managed to do a thin, low-profile sculpt for Keaton's cowl, so I am confused about this current take.

I remain optimistic, and will wait for better photos.

I'd be surprised if the EX ends up going for a bargain price. This EX has the lowest ES of any licensed Batman 1/4 scale that I've seen.

And the exclusive really adds to the piece's overall look as that hand's silhouette is completely exposed and seen in all its glory, unlike so many where it is in front of a draped cape, the comic PF, or even under, the Keaton PF.

And the exclusive really adds to the piece's overall look as that hand's silhouette is completely exposed and seen in all its glory, unlike so many where it is in front of a draped cape, the comic PF, or even under, the Keaton PF.

Which is why it should have been the grappling gun, and not another bloody batarang.

I still ordered it, though...

Back