Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ So what you might be saying is, DC/WB wanted to keep the suit but couldnt so they altered it by changing the color and adding plates to make it their own?

^ So what you might be saying is, DC/WB wanted to keep the suit but couldnt so they altered it by changing the color and adding plates to make it their own?

No, I reckon they own all the designs once Ironhead is done.
I think they wanted to change the suit (it's very good for anything merchandising-related ofc) but he either didn't want to work with them again, or they didn't want to work with him. I guess we won't know the full story but what's for certain is that he wasn't credited for BvS and that upset him (which is perfectly understandable, this is his art and passion).

In the Tested interview on YouTube, Jose mentions the fact that he didn't get onscreen credit for BvS. He even says that's why he decided to have that huge booth showing his work that we see in the video. Clearly he didn't take it too well.

I wonder if this has anything to do with him not working on JL... It's not like he needs WB/DC to stay in business anyway.

Yea that was done in such poor taste. How do you not give someone credit for their work? Really Piss poor by WB.

Yea that was done in such poor taste. How do you not give someone credit for their work? Really Piss poor by WB.

Definitely.
My role as a musician/producer/engineer sometimes implies that I work in the shadows and I'm fine with that, it's part of the job. It can hurt the soul as an artist but there is an understanding from the start. What happened to him is very different. He obviously didn't need any advertisement for his work, but this was about giving proper credit to the artist behind those beautiful designs.

Btw, in case some of you haven't seen it (it went pretty viral) here is a very funny vid with Conan that gives a pretty good look inside Ironhead Studio:

Definitely.
My role as a musician/producer/engineer sometimes implies that I work in the shadows and I'm fine with that, it's part of the job. It can hurt the soul as an artist but there is an understanding from the start. What happened to him is very different. He obviously didn't need any advertisement for his work, but this was about giving proper credit to the artist behind those beautiful designs.

Btw, in case some of you haven't seen it (it went pretty viral) here is a very funny vid with Conan that gives a pretty good look inside Ironhead Studio:

]

Right but you still deserve credit on something you worked on. Not just monetary compensation.

I'm sure Marvel is giving them plenty of business at least. And yea I saw that. I wish they would run a contest to get fitted for something of your choice. I would die.

I just have a feeling the BvS one will be miles better.

Based on the last releases from BvS, I think you're right. I suspect they'll continue the trend of fully sculpted but a fabric cape. Really looking forward to a Supes announcement.

Based on the last releases from BvS, I think you're right. I suspect they'll continue the trend of fully sculpted but a fabric cape. Really looking forward to a Supes announcement.

And sculpted hair on WW, which should look better. Less doll-like, and you don't have to bring in a hair-stylist to make it look right.

My woman was like, can you order a Henry Cavill Superman? I was like :slap :gah:

Being a fan of this suit, the low ES, and the exclusive makes sense with this pose. I went ahead and pre ordered.

LOL, I pitched the $700+ Resinworx to her, her facial expression changed drastically :lol

Resinworx... And the bulk of my collection... Is my little secret. Pretty sure I'm not alone on this one. Speaking of which, I need Resinworx to bill and ship already.

Back