Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats for getting both, and looking forward to your review, man!

To be fair, the body being on the slimmer side has been there from the beginning. I think I'm yet to see a figure which perfectly got Batffleck's gargantuan physique while wearing the batsuit. Even the $2k half scale statue from Prime 1 could have used a tad more beef, IMO.

Yes it has been an issue from the beginning, but in pics I have seen seems smaller. Since the cowl and face is off, the size is an even bigger issue for me. This is not an actor likeness accurate premium format to me and others.

Got mine he's awesome

Video review

https://youtu.be/Q-W6NQmfmk0

45d9d37f4e85187057f00cb98c904f83.jpg
d5a23e944d90c823f031e472557baf77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ dude that looks great! thanks for the video. don't know what all the fuss is about the head sculpt, looks pretty solid IMO. Looking forward to unboxing mine when I get back tomorrow night.

Yeah headsculpt and paint is perfectly fine and looks like afflick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your great video! Love this!
Oh and cheers for your cat who pass right in front but goes "almost" unnoticed! :lol

Thanks for your concise video review, Kitana! I was able to watch it in HD and I think this is a solid Batman statue. I can see Affleck in the sculpt under your lighting, but I'll see in hand if a repaint would make me happier. Loving all the details in the suit.

I would like to try recasting for the first time and reproduce the fist that comes with the regular, so I could sculpt the branding iron on it. Still think that it could have been a great accessory and Sideshow missed it.

I think the MOS Supes with this Bats and upcoming WW would make for a fine trinity display provided Supes was behind the others (not meant to be a knock), perhaps on an acrylic riser. My main criticism, more than the PVC or paint, with the MOS piece, especially seeing recent SS achievements like Captain Marvel, is that a much more convincing in-flight pose could've been done without both feet being planted the way they went with. As good as the boots look, better to block off his feet to make him look like he's actually in mid-air. Just my two cents. Batman looks great. I think the hate generated from SS's own poorly shot "out of the box" vid, in which all their product looks awful.

Although I tend to agree that the lack of lens correction contributes to the spread of distorted pics, these pics in reference do not suffer from barrel distortion (as you mention, the fisheye cam effect). I ran full lens corrections on both of those pics (based on the metadata associated with the photos) and they did not change to any appreciable amount (in fact, I noticed zero change).

In my opinion, this remains an outstanding Batman statue. It is just not a great Affleck statue.
Well, what do you think over the new pics from Katana's(right on the pic)?
5981182bce8b9810ac2efe29c7643ea0.jpg

The camera doesn't pic up the face as well as in hand.

This is a beast of a statue. I haven't got another affleck statue to compare mine with, but it looks like affleck for sure.

Based on the images of this statue's mouth and chin, I can safely say that I think my DC Collectibles statue looks much more like Affleck...and at about 1/5th of the price. It's almost like they used Val Kilmer's likeness for the mouth area for some reason. Also, the suit and cape look great on the DCC statue, though less detailed than Sideshow's given the scale and cost. Some people might consider it inferior because it's not "premium" or as large as Sideshow's, but the pose is similar and the detail and likeness are excellent for what you pay for.

batman.jpg

There is no question that Sean's pic is far better than the initial pics. I still remain puzzled over the cowl though, and how the casts differ so much from the prototype with respect to where it sits on the chest/back. I'm also pretty upset that SS quotes "actor likeness", but the paint app is too lazy to add 3 dots of brown paint for moles. No excuse for that.

Portrait and cowl aside, I do agree, that this is a really nice piece.

I think the MOS Supes with this Bats and upcoming WW would make for a fine trinity display provided Supes was behind the others (not meant to be a knock), perhaps on an acrylic riser. My main criticism, more than the PVC or paint, with the MOS piece, especially seeing recent SS achievements like Captain Marvel, is that a much more convincing in-flight pose could've been done without both feet being planted the way they went with. As good as the boots look, better to block off his feet to make him look like he's actually in mid-air. Just my two cents. Batman looks great. I think the hate generated from SS's own poorly shot "out of the box" vid, in which all their product looks awful.

I'd like to see the BvS Bats displayed with the Resinworx Man of Steel.

There is no question that Sean's pic is far better than the initial pics. I still remain puzzled over the cowl though, and how the casts differ so much from the prototype with respect to where it sits on the chest/back. I'm also pretty upset that SS quotes "actor likeness", but the paint app is too lazy to add 3 dots of brown paint for moles. No excuse for that.

Portrait and cowl aside, I do agree, that this is a really nice piece.

uJJVPbo.jpg

Still excited to get mine. I don't see much difference on the face sculpt compared to the prototype (though there are some on the lower cowl and the scratches on the body as I previously mentioned). The big deal must be the paint, as bad painting can throw off the likeness on a well-sculpted statue just as the very talented Noel Cruz can bring out Gal Gadot to life on a $20 Jakks Pacific figure.

If only Sideshow didn't approve rush jobs get through their QC, but then it is what it is now and it's either we accept that this is what we get for $500 or we cancel and pay SS $$50 for making us hope. I feel bad as they have very good sculpts from their talented roster of sculptors, but lately only a few of these sculpts are given justice in the end. Sucks that they have a monopoly of some sort because even the companies now favored by more collectors are being sold through Sideshow so they still get money from them, so maybe they think, why bother?

Back