Batman The Dark Knight Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting bust...although I love Batman, I had originally written it off because I thought the eyes just didn't look that great. But I'm sort of reconsidering it again. The pictures can sort of make the eyes either look solid or kind of disappointing, but I just watched Vegas Danny's YouTube review, and the eyes on that looked better. I also think that, depending on the lighting, you can really make this bust look fantastic with the way the light bounces off it. I also really think Sideshow did a great job with the body and the cape.

This is an interesting bust...although I love Batman, I had originally written it off because I thought the eyes just didn't look that great. But I'm sort of reconsidering it again. The pictures can sort of make the eyes either look solid or kind of disappointing, but I just watched Vegas Danny's YouTube review, and the eyes on that looked better. I also think that, depending on the lighting, you can really make this bust look fantastic with the way the light bounces off it. I also really think Sideshow did a great job with the body and the cape.

IMHO this is a great bust.. he has presence, has a nice turn to it, he's not super light hollow has a nice heft.. it will definitely be a stand-out to your collection...If folks don't own it, and make sweeping judgements on it, without actually seeing it in person..don't listen.. most of these have to be seen up close and in person..

Although I might be in the minority that's how I ended up with the Chris Reeve SuperMan PF.. everyone hated it online.. I saw it at my local shop and had to have it... He's my only non batman piece and gets lot's of compliments since I added him. The base was a curious design and once it's all together and displayed it looks like he's flying...the water effect is very cool.

IMHO this is a great bust.. he has presence, has a nice turn to it, he's not super light hollow has a nice heft.. it will definitely be a stand-out to your collection...If folks don't own it, and make sweeping judgements on it, without actually seeing it in person..don't listen.. most of these have to be seen up close and in person..

Although I might be in the minority that's how I ended up with the Chris Reeve SuperMan PF.. everyone hated it online.. I saw it at my local shop and had to have it... He's my only non batman piece and gets lot's of compliments since I added him. The base was a curious design and once it's all together and displayed it looks like he's flying...the water effect is very cool.

Thanks for the info.

If you or anyone else that has this bust gets the chance to snap some photos in different lighting conditions (or even lighting colors), I'd definitely be interested in seeing how shadow and light bounces off of the bust/sculpt as opposed to bright light. The photos from a few pages back were nice, but I'd like to see better image quality and different angles if possible.

Good to see people are happy with this.

Also, from the pointy "V" part of his chest to the top of his ear, how tall is he? I know he's about 29" inches overall, but curious to know about how tall he is from the lowest point of his chest to the tip of the ear.

Sure no problem... the ones behind the busts are by Jason Edminston he's a great illustrator and they are Cesar Romero as the Joker, Heath Ledger as the Joker and Batgirl from the 66 TV show... The Batman crouching on the wall is a signed print by the great Neil Addams..:) I'll take some better pics.

ahh those sounds pretty awesome! can't wait to see!

ahh those sounds pretty awesome! can't wait to see!

Here you go a quick shot of the art behind the busts...:) Enjoy!

Bbusts.jpg

pics_bats.jpg

If you or anyone else that has this bust gets the chance to snap some photos in different lighting conditions (or even lighting colors), I'd definitely be interested in seeing how shadow and light bounces off of the bust/sculpt as opposed to bright light. The photos from a few pages back were nice, but I'd like to see better image quality and different angles if possible.

I too am considering getting this, but would also requested some good/clear shoots of the eyes. The eyes are why I hesitate on buying this piece; in some shots the iris looks too big or cartoon like. Any new pics with a camera (not a phone) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Strange that the people who own this seem mostly happy, yet there are so few reviews on YouTube (3 so far: one is out of focus, the other two shot in dark rooms). And only 2/3 owners have posted pictures in this thread. There must be someone with some camera skills who owns this? Or does all the budget go on collecting busts... Or perhaps people aren't loving this at all? If any owners love this piece, please, spray some BaleBats all over this thread... Make it rain...

This bust looks great imo. I need some help deciding what I should get. It's either this or the Captain America lsb. I am having a hard time choosing which one as I only have the money for one of them.

Any input is much appreciated.

This bust looks great imo. I need some help deciding what I should get. It's either this or the Captain America lsb. I am having a hard time choosing which one as I only have the money for one of them.

Any input is much appreciated.

Get the one you like the most. I don't have either of these but I think the Captain America is one of the best busts SS ever made.

Hey guys, got this AMAZING bust last week and thought you would enjoy seeing some pics and video of it :)

batman10.jpg

Got a 10% off coupon code for this and couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to get this.

Loved your video LMAN. Excellent pictures as well!

Very very nice pictures!
I'm just started to think about getting this one...

Got mine today. Jesus he's huge. Proper HUGE. Anyone who, like me, has never had a 1:1 scale, be warned. Make absolute sure you have somewhere suitable to put him because I sure as hell don't know where mine is going.

Saying that, its a ******ing awesome piece!

Back