Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aee3e99ae81bed07f2fbf16c2faba829.jpg

IMG_8385.jpg

This looks great, but armpits are still the same. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I thought the entire pit-gate thing was blown way out of proportion.

Just got mine, he's amazing - but I can't get the cape to sit all the way down. One of the cape end points butts up against the right ear of the gargoyle and it leaves a half centimeter gap at the neck. Am I doing something wrong here? It seems like this is the only way to put the cape on given the cavity in the chest and the matching shape under the cape.

Was waiting on pictures of this befote buying. Excellent... ordered.

I now need to ditch my old one. I may try Craigslist first.

P
View attachment 224480

This looks great, but armpits are still the same. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I thought the entire pit-gate thing was blown way out of proportion.

I think it's hard to achieve a tighter look cause of the specific fabric they used. But I got mine (black&grey) some months ago and it's not bad at all.

I can't believe the extreme measures the collectors did to achieve a tighter look around the armpits. Some broke the glue from the neck stretching the fabric upwards risking tearing the fabric. That is just insane. And some people decided to take off the fabric completely and painted it grey on bare polystone. And then the belt appeared too loose. I could not deface an expensive statue like that.

Looks like they went a wee bit overboard on the shadowing on the new headsculpt. It kinda looks like he headbutted the inside of a dirty chimney. That being said I'm still a fan and the chest symbol looks pretty awesome. Gonna have to snag this guy.

I wonder how far up Batman would want those armpits? Ever worn a shirt with "tight" armpits... yeah, good times... :)

I agree! But i think the shadowing on the forehead translates better on the pages of a comic book than on an actual statue. They chose not to do that shading on the life size bust which I think was a good call.

Depends on the piece... Some people got really loose fabric and that looked bad.

Now sure you could pull back the fabric but it was not the same as the proto.

Now I like SSC so I am not really coming down on them with that statement.... But this Batman had a couple of changes from the proto that they made for unknown reasons.

i can't believe they didn't fix the armpit issue. it's not like a major flaw i agree but there was no issue with it on the superman pf so i would have assumed that they fixed it.

i'm betting that they just used the same fabric for this one as the original. that would explain why it isn't fixed. considering how much people complained about it the first time i'm shocked that they would do this.

for a statue this expensive it's a really shame they would cut corners like this.

Back