Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman Modern Age PF

U are paying $30 more for the definitive Batman

Probably better fitted costume and an additional batarang not included in the other regs for original

Plus the paint and suit look better shaded

U are paying $30 more for the definitive Batman

Probably better fitted costume and an additional batarang not included in the other regs for original

Plus the paint and suit look better shaded

After being in this hobby for many years, you can't judge a prototype figure in comparison with a production figure fairly. The prototype/artist model will ALWAYS look superior in every way possible. We don't know if the paint apps will be better. There could be different issues. We don't know yet. Point is, you really can't use the proof model as a fair comparison to what's out there.

Trying to figure out the $429.99 price point. I wonder if they did that to make it seem like the original is a deal and to clear out that inventory. Would make sense. Otherwise, you're paying a $30 premium for a raised Yellow Bat Symbol (Which could always change, we know this) a new head sculpt, a different batarang, blue paint and a new belt. You're not getting the straight on head sculpt anymore, either.

I guess the good part is, hey, it's only $30, the bad part is, everyone knows that 70% of the R&D, sculpt costs, and tailoring was already done on the first PF at a lesser cost, so the $30 more is just an up charge because they deffered most of the start-up costs on this one to the Black PF.

Could be worse I guess.

After being in this hobby for many years, you can't judge a prototype figure in comparison with a production figure fairly. The prototype/artist model will ALWAYS look superior in every way possible. We don't know if the paint apps will be better. There could be different issues. We don't know yet. Point is, you really can't use the proof model as a fair comparison to what's out there.

It's true. And with the exchange rate to Canada plus customs being so brutal I just cannot afford to keep buying these pieces. This would cost me $650+ and that's just too much. Especially since if you ever need to resell these pieces with their high ES you never get back nearly what you paid. I like him but I will stick to statues that Sideshow does with a much lower ES. Also higher ES means more problems. I hope the production piece turns out great tho. I do like how he looks I just wish he wasn't so meaty. :)

Well when they've already mass produced 9000 of the originals i would make a bet that they've learned things along the way

Especially with things like Ivy that didnt go as planned, usually the 2nd edition is better than the first. I wouldnt be surprised that the pics are from a production piece and that theyve fixed the armpit issue. Weve seen an early factory sample of Classic Catwoman on the site. Maybe the whole point of the "prototype" logo not appearing on certain preorders is to reassure consumers

I would love the new head on the black version. Don't get me wrong, i love me some Neal Adams Blue Bats but i prefer him in black.

Will think about it for now and wait for in-hand to see if they fixed issues like the symbol and armpits.

The repaint of the old head reminds me how bad it was (especially next to this new one) :lol

I would love the new head on the black version. Don't get me wrong, i love me some Neal Adams Blue Bats but i prefer him in black.

Will think about it for now and wait for in-hand to see if they fixed issues like the symbol and armpits.

The repaint of the old head reminds me how bad it was (especially next to this new one) :lol

I always preferred the Long earred head on the Black PF, he shorter earred one just doesn't look like Batman to me. When I get this one, that will stay in the box, much like it does with the original.

If SS managed to resolve the armpit issue this should turn out to be a really nice piece despite the bulky build. Had to pass on the original black due to the 1+ year delay but will have to consider this one. Like many this is the Bat I grew up on. I also like the belt...

Well when they've already mass produced 9000 of the originals i would make a bet that they've learned things along the way

Especially with things like Ivy that didnt go as planned, usually the 2nd edition is better than the first. I wouldnt be surprised that the pics are from a production piece and that theyve fixed the armpit issue. Weve seen an early factory sample of Classic Catwoman on the site. Maybe the whole point of the "prototype" logo not appearing on certain preorders is to reassure consumers

I hope so. Superman turned out great but I was never a fan of how the original Bats PF turned out so I passed on him. This one should still be 399.99 but it is what it is. Sideshow prices are getting crazy tho. Too rich for my blood and the quality at these price points really needs to be there.

I hope so. Superman turned out great but I was never a fan of how the original Bats PF turned out so I passed on him. This one should still be 399.99 but it is what it is. Sideshow prices are getting crazy tho. Too rich for my blood and the quality at these price points really needs to be there.

What has it been since the first one went up for PO 3-4 years. Average rate of inflation for everything is about 3% a year which means a price difference of $30-$40 to make these. The increase in price is reasonable. If you don't like it but he black Reg.

What has it been since the first one went up for PO 3-4 years. Average rate of inflation for everything is about 3% a year which means a price difference of $30-$40 to make these. The increase in price is reasonable. If you don't like it but he black Reg.

About two and a half years.

Yep, July 10th 2012....of course I didn't actually receive him until January of 2014...:lol

3001312_press09-400x600.jpg

Im into Neal/Aparo art but have to agree, the belt here has no depth or articulation especially when compared to the rest of the paint app.
Im undecided on the $30 (principle over expense). I didn't get the 1st Ed EX so a batarang here would be nice... I suppose.

Back