Batman Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With so many more 1/3 Batman coming from Prime at a reasonable price, I don't see why many would get this. This could easily be $2500 with an open ES.

Wonder if the sculpt is from Andy Bergholtz not sure if I spelled that right..:)

I wonder who sculpted this? If it's the Gore Group my wallet will cry.

Looks like Bergholtz to me (at least the headsculpt). It has his trademark prominent philtrum between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. I guess it's to have some consistency with the 1/6, one of the PF heads (Black and Grey version), and the life-size busts.

If Canale and GORE sculpts the body then this should be a beast of a Batman :)

Looks like Bergholtz to me (at least the headsculpt). It has his trademark prominent philtrum between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. I guess it's to have some consistency with the 1/6, one of the PF heads (Black and Grey version), and the life-size busts.

If Canale and GORE sculpts the body then this should be a beast of a Batman :)

I actually like Andy's Bat portraits (I strongly dislike his HULK portraits though). I'll be interested in this right up to the reveal. Even though the preview pic is small, I do like what I see so far. Being a HUGE Bat fan, I'm anxious for the full reveal.

I actually like Andy's Bat portraits (I strongly dislike his HULK portraits though). I'll be interested in this right up to the reveal. Even though the preview pic is small, I do like what I see so far. Being a HUGE Bat fan, I'm anxious for the full reveal.

Yeah, this looks very promising so far. Love the textures on the suit, chest emblem, and cowl.

If this turns out great I'm going to be needing to work a second job to fund this and to have my room extended for space :lol

I echo the positivity. The Bergholtz portrait was my least favorite of the two (three if you count the Modern Age version) PF portraits, but I thought it worked significantly better as a life-size bust. That piece was kind of perfect for what it was, in retrospect.

I have no doubt this will be overpriced and the quality fall short of standards set by competing companies, but I hope they surprise me. It's hard to imagine SSC not being aware of how tight/oversaturated the market is for this character in this scale, considering they distribute those competing pieces.:lol Unfortunately that has yet to influence their pricing strategy in most cases.

Yes, but even with the sheer amount of Prime 1 offerings I'll still give SSC credit for trying. If the first PF was great overall let's hope this is that much better. I just hope they've sorted out all of their legendary scale issues.

Looks like it based on Batman Gotham Knights series. Bat symbol, colours and the nose look pretty much identical. Also the facial expression in this teaser is an exact match from this cover.

DEC990124._SX312_QL80_TTD_.jpg

No reason this should be higher than that. I might like a comic version to go with my P1 1/2 collection, lets see the full reveal.

The reason is because it is SSC...and if Premium Format 1/4 scale statues have shot up over the past few years / months and people keep buying them up like it's a fire sale then I would be shocked if this came out at $2,000 which was a few years ago and compared to the existing statues open for pre order:

Darth Vader - $2,550
Iron Man Mark XLVI - $2,300
C-3 PO - $2,250
Stormtrooper - $2,250
Iron Man Mark 43 - $2,299

And if it takes 5 years for this to come out then let's just price it at above $3,000!

The reason is because it is SSC...and if Premium Format 1/4 scale statues have shot up over the past few years / months and people keep buying them up like it's a fire sale then I would be shocked if this came out at $2,000 which was a few years ago and compared to the existing statues open for pre order:

Darth Vader - $2,550
Iron Man Mark XLVI - $2,300
C-3 PO - $2,250
Stormtrooper - $2,250
Iron Man Mark 43 - $2,299

And if it takes 5 years for this to come out then let's just price it at above $3,000!

Yes, there is NO WAY this statue is $2,000 in my opinion. Sideshow knows what they have and they have always priced hyped pieces (Thanos, Deadpool, the upcoming Magneto) at a higher rate because they know they can get it. Again, this is just my opinion, but I think this is going to come in at $2,499 (and I'm probably low).

Back