Batman Dark Winters Knight Snow globe- fluid change?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrya

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a plug at the bottom of the globe to change the water once the base is removed? Been looking to purchase one and most of these for sale are turning yellowish. Most snow globes have a plug, but there are some that do not.

not sure about the plug, but is the fluid inside turning yellow or the acrylic globe that's turning yellow? I know plexiglass / acrylic can yellow if left in direct sunlight for a period of time.

After some googling it appears that most of the time the water gets cloudy and yellow. Simple fix it that's the case, but if it is in fact the globe then it becomes a more expensive fix.

Drill a hole and use

flex-seal-colors.jpg

to seal it up :hi5:

Had the fluid changed on the globe, it is crystal clear now. The statue looks more gray than blue to the eye. I attached 2 pics of mine and the color of the statue is drastically different depending on if the pic is taken with or without the flash. When looking at Google images I see them both ways as well. At first I thought mine was either faded or the paint had come off over the years. The guy that changed the fluid said he has done a few of these and Batman was a grayish in all of them. He said none matched the box, and he can tell if the paint had come off cause it would have been in the fluid. 3rd pic is before it was cleaned.
Anybody have one of these that is blue like the pic on the box?

IMG_20170513_143012.jpg

IMG_20170513_140752.jpg

IMG_20170421_125843.jpg

IMG_20170511_194834.jpg

Back