Media Batman: Arkham VR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by that trailer im gonna assume they will go first person view? That's new.

I haven't seen any interviews or videos, but I would have half expected maybe like a horror style VR game, where you are in the Asylum and deal with the many villains. Who needs petty thugs, when you got psychos? :lol

I just bought a cell phone, largely because of a promotion involving a free VR headset. I have been totally out of it with contemporary gaming stuff for years, but tried the VR at Best Buy and was blown away (last I remembered, Virtual Reality was akin to the Lawnmower Man movie :lol ).

giphy.gif

I might have to get one of these fancy video game systems for VR if they start doing more stuff like this.

All in all, though, while the runtime isn't super exciting to me, the idea of a Rocksteady Batman experience that focuses more on being the World's Greatest Detective side of things excites the hell out of me, and the idea that Rocksteady was committed to making a high quality VR experience. If there's one thing I can say about Arkham Knight, it's probably one of the most visually stunning games on current-gen consoles, and I'm dying to see what this one looks like.

According to Sefton Hill there is 60 minutes of game and about another 60 minutes of just discovering content. I'd be upset since I don't own a PS4 if it was a full game but 2 hours and you need to buy the head set. Yeah, that's okay you can keep it.

To be fair, I'd rather have a two hour experience that looks great, as opposed to a 15 hour experience that looks like dog ****. I just wish we could see some sort of a screenshot, or, at least, a staged photo of one of the character models or something.

To be fair, I'd rather have a two hour experience that looks great, as opposed to a 15 hour experience that looks like dog ****. I just wish we could see some sort of a screenshot, or, at least, a staged photo of one of the character models or something.

You'd pay $400 (or whatever the 4.5 ends up costing) plus the price of the headset ($200+?) for a 2 hr experience? You must make a lot of $$$.

I'm completely fine with 1080p console gaming. For everything else, I've got a PC.

You'd pay $400 (or whatever the 4.5 ends up costing) plus the price of the headset ($200+?) for a 2 hr experience? You must make a lot of $$$.

I'm completely fine with 1080p console gaming. For everything else, I've got a PC.

Is the PS4.5 required to use the headset? (I last heard the headset will retail for $399 btw). Sure it will look best on the suped-up model, but doesn't it work with the regular ol' PS4?

I wouldn't buy the headset for only this ONE game though...that's like buying a console to only play ONE game, and never ever playing another one on it. Not sure that's what batfan meant, is it?

Is VR compatible with the Vanilla PS4?

I'd didn't know that, if so, how is that thing going to be able to run anything at 60HZ?

A lot of reports are saying this was the stand out game for VR on the PS show floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with the short length too, at least they're disclosing it now. I don't think this is promoting itself to be the "killer app" for VR, but rather an experience you should check out if you're ever interested in buying the VR kit.

Personally, I don't see myself getting a VR anytime soon but if I do, this is on the top of my list.

Is VR compatible with the Vanilla PS4?

I'd didn't know that, if so, how is that thing going to be able to run anything at 60HZ?

Yes, the normal PS4 is VR ready. PS4 is a very capable machine and it's a closed system with locked specs. They can make games extremely optimized for things like VR to ensure that they run properly and use a lot of tricks to make the visuals hold up.

I'm fine with the short length too, at least they're disclosing it now. I don't think this is promoting itself to be the "killer app" for VR, but rather an experience you should check out if you're ever interested in buying the VR kit.

Personally, I don't see myself getting a VR anytime soon but if I do, this is on the top of my list.

That's pretty much where I stand. I'm in no hurry to pay 400 bucks for this stuff, but, when there's a reasonable amount of support for it, and stuff that interests me, this will most definitely be the first thing I try out.

Here's a couple trailers featuring a very small amount of gameplay.

Last edited:
Nitpick, but the fact the hands are disembodied from Batman's body takes me out of the experience. I wish the arms were still attached.

Back