Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so cool. I wished I attended art school like all my friends did but all I have is mediocre artistic talents that runs in the family. :gah:

Yeah I studied in Illustration & Design and he was my concept art teacher. He worked on 300 and some other movies. He's a great teacher. My other classmate then took a cert in 3D effects and he'd tell me his teacher worked for blockbuster movies like Transformers and Star Wars. Seems really cool.

Too bad I don't really like the character designs in the Arkham series.

Yeah I studied in Illustration & Design and he was my concept art teacher. He worked on 300 and some other movies. He's a great teacher. My other classmate then took a cert in 3D effects and he'd tell me his teacher worked for blockbuster movies like Transformers and Star Wars. Seems really cool.

:drool:drool:drool

Too bad I don't really like the character designs in the Arkham series.

Neither did I prior to Arkham Asylum until I played it myself. It all makes sense, Batman being HUGE really suits the reality of the game, and the villain designs are outlandishly creepy and intimidating.

Love the world as well as it mixes a lot that we have come to know about Gotham. Victorian, art deco, steampunk- it's all there. I always thought that the next live action movies should follow these games closely in narrative and style, that's just me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOHraf3LEk&feature=share&list=SPAEB286C039A1A25E

There are a bunch of these different Badman videos redoing scenes from the movies and they will make you never look at Bale Batman the same way again! :lol

For my money, College Humor still does the best Batman parodies. :lol

Neither did I prior to Arkham Asylum until I played it myself. It all makes sense, Batman being HUGE really suits the reality of the game, and the villain designs are outlandishly creepy and intimidating.

I'll give it a chance one day, I am sure the story itself is amazing, again I guess I just can't deal with the character designs.

Last edited:
I'll give it a chance one day, I am sure the story itself is amazing, again I guess I just can't deal with the character designs.

You haven't played any of the Arkham games? Once you try out Asylum I'm sure you'll love it, being an art student yourself.

I remember when BTAS came out and not many people like the art style especially compared to what's popular at the time such as the X-Men cartoons. I think it end up taking just one episode for most folks to change their minds.

has anyone gotten the "thanks old friend" trophy? the conversations with alfred are hilarious.
also of note, this is possible to get post-game. just go into the batcave and talk to alfred, then open up the training console. exit that, and then go speak with alfred again. it takes a while if you haven't gotten any of the convos, but he eventually imparts all of his "wisdom".

HUGE plot-hole guys.....

I was defeated by Bane on I Am The Night mode and died - so how could the events of AA & AC therefore happen!??? :O

:p

I remember when BTAS came out and not many people like the art style especially compared to what's popular at the time such as the X-Men cartoons. I think it end up taking just one episode for most folks to change their minds.

1991, Wizard Magazine issue #10.

Thats where I first read about how they were making a new Batman cartoon. They had a pic of two of how Batman would look, and I was really disappointed. Like you said, I wasn't used to something like that having grown up on less stylized cartoons like GI Joe and the older Super Powers cartoon. I was still excited to be getting a new Batman toon back then after years of Superfriends/Super Powers reruns, so I just put it to the side. Even before the first episode aired, after the commericials came out, I was put at ease and its been one of my favorite renditions of Batman ever since :)

Thats where I first read about how they were making a new Batman cartoon. They had a pic of two of how Batman would look, and I was really disappointed. Like you said, I wasn't used to something like that having grown up on less stylized cartoons like GI Joe and the older Super Powers cartoon. I was still excited to be getting a new Batman toon back then after years of Superfriends/Super Powers reruns, so I just put it to the side. Even before the first episode aired, after the commericials came out, I was put at ease and its been one of my favorite renditions of Batman ever since :)

There you have it, great story. Amazing you could recall the issue of the magazine. I remember my parents didn't liked the style and didn't watched the series as a result. I think sometime in 95 they tried an episode and have been hooked to the continuity up to STAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League. :lol

You can restart if you're low on health, which, while I know it isn't what you're supposed to do, is actually what you're supposed to do. The real Batman always wins, even if it means cheating to do so.:lol

Last edited:
It's always funny when these kinds of modes have an obvious workaround that renders them entirely meaningless. Just like Bioshock's Vita-Chamber trophies, the only real challenge is loading your last save. :lol

It's always funny when these kinds of modes have an obvious workaround that renders them entirely meaningless. Just like Bioshock's Vita-Chamber trophies, the only real challenge is loading your last save. :lol

In bioshock its different. Vita-chambers meant that you can do like 20% of the damage on a big daddy and then die, resurrect at the vita chamber and then fight a big daddy at 80% health. You keep doing this until the big daddy is dead. The brass ***** achievement pretty much prevents you from doing that.

Getting that far is impressive IMO. I don't know if I even dare try to do IATN mode :panic:
It's worth a try even if just to see how far you can get.

Deathstroke and Bane are the two main obstacles for me. All the others are easy. Getting killed by Deathstroke isn't as painfull though since he's very early on. Getting all the way to Bane and then dying really stings! (Especially when you're 99% sure you aimed your attack at a thug in a different direction, only to find yourself inexplicably flying into Bane's oncoming punch - and the shock of what happened causes you to forget to pause and re-load the last save point in time!)
:gah:

If I'm not mistaken, the pics came from the original unaired pilot that actually turned into the opening.

It's worth a try even if just to see how far you can get.

Deathstroke and Bane are the two main obstacles for me. All the others are easy. Getting killed by Deathstroke isn't as painfull though since he's very early on. Getting all the way to Bane and then dying really stings! (Especially when you're 99% sure you aimed your attack at a thug in a different direction, only to find yourself inexplicably flying into Bane's oncoming punch - and the shock of what happened causes you to forget to pause and re-load the last save point in time!)
:gah:

I'm curious as to why this mode wouldn't just shut off the auto save feature. It seems like it's in there solely as an exploit.

I think they probably had to keep auto save in more to do with not encouraging people to sit for 8 hours solid in front of their tv screens.

My god I haven't got a chance to play it! Get over here vacations!

Several people have told me that this is the best one so far, ignoring the glitches, is it true?

I wish they would go ahead and release the rest of the season pass skins.
The current ones available suck in my opinion except for Knightfall batman.
Multiplayer is broken, and I dont have time to do all those challenges to get other costume skins.

I want to replay the game again on another costume, specially the blackest night.
I hope they also release a patch or even a DLC I would gladly pay for for a undamaged default costume.
I love his costume and its nice to see on the the battle damage on the first run, but I want to be able to play it undamaged on another game.

Back