Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had some lag issues, which I chalked up to having an older PS3 (a 40gb version from 2008). Are people with newer systems having this problem too?

Also, my system logged into the PSN in the middle of playing and booted me out to install a game update. I didn't realize the PS3 did that.

Had quite a few problems on 360 - got stuck on a black screen after the Deathstroke fight and had to reload and complete the fight again, and I've also had enemies get stuck in the environment, as well as just fall off through the map (killing them, apparently, so not hampering progress). And the animations are generally not as smooth as previous games. I'm enjoying it, but it's very obviously not Rocksteady. Still an 8/10 game, though.

The gliding in this game is even more frustrating than it was in AC. The Anarky quest is controller-throwingly frustrating. There are far too few (viable) grapple points.

is the map reused from AC? if so that is super lazy
Part of it is, yeah. The old map and new map are separated by a big bridge, so it feels really 'this is what's new' and 'this is what's old'. Quite a clear divide. Still, AC area isn't completely the same and it's not like actual missions use the same maps. A couple of rooms of the Steel Mill get reused, for example, but otherwise you go to new locations.

Part of it is, yeah. The old map and new map are separated by a big bridge, so it feels really 'this is what's new' and 'this is what's old'. Quite a clear divide. Still, AC area isn't completely the same and it's not like actual missions use the same maps. A couple of rooms of the Steel Mill get reused, for example, but otherwise you go to new locations.

Exactly, and since it does take place in the same city, if some of it didn't look familiar then it'd be weird.

Call me mad but I prefer this over AC. There's a lot more story missions and it seems to flow better. I think its fantastic.

Okay now I found a glitch. I was going through one of the side missions and the game froze. When I restarted the game file came up saying "Corrupted Save" and will not allow me to access the game file. Basically all the hours I just played are wasted and I have to start the game over again.

Now that is frustrating.

Call me mad but I prefer this over AC. There's a lot more story missions and it seems to flow better. I think its fantastic.

I feel the same way. I really didn't like anything about AC except the gameplay. The story felt like it was adapted from an 8-year-old playing in his sandbox with a box full of Batman figures finding a way to fit every single random character into his own personal story somewhere. I didn't really like anything about it, and it ruined the game for me. Asylum probably won't ever be topped.

My biggest problem with this game is the reuse of Rocksteady's Gotham. It feels like the story and characters are inhabiting a Gotham that's 5-6 years ahead. And the general "feel" of the reused Gotham doesn't fit with the story. The first two were very much a vision based on the animated series, whereas Origins is something much different, so the world doesn't fit. At least outdoors. Indoors is a different story.

I've had some lag issues, which I chalked up to having an older PS3 (a 40gb version from 2008). Are people with newer systems having this problem too?

Also, my system logged into the PSN in the middle of playing and booted me out to install a game update. I didn't realize the PS3 did that.
I only bought a PS3 at the start of this year (Super Slim), and I'm experiencing it. It got so bad during one fight that I had to stop playing.

I love how they explained the stories of joker etc. really well done. I'm loving this game. It's just as good as the others.

The gliding in this game is even more frustrating than it was in AC. The Anarky quest is controller-throwingly frustrating. There are far too few (viable) grapple points.

THIS. Really my only complaint about the game. Gliding is kind of a chore because they don't offer grapple points on all the ledges for some reason. Then they have all sorts of crap blocking your way and you have glide around awkward obstacles only to find that there's no grapple point

Did anyone who ordered the CE from Walmart get a shipping notice yet? Mine hasn't shipped and I'm getting worried...

I've encountered an odd glitch. After hacking Enigma's relay in Burnley, he bars the window, and I use my Batclaw to rip the grate off the vent to escape, once I grapple up to the vent, I just hang there, and am unable to pull myself up. So, I'm stuck in a barred room unable to proceed, and have to restart to continue playing.

Unless I'm missing some button command. . . .

:dunno

I dont care but this Joker is much better than AA and AC. Maybe becuase the backstory they added to him and everything in Blackgate was well done.

Is it me or do people and things keep getting stuck in the environment in this game?

I just got the part where joker robs the bank, then after silently taking down people from above the person I have to interrogate is stuck half in a wall. I'm pressing "Y" like it says but nothing happens because HES STUCK IN A DAM WALL. Gezz it's like this happens every time I fight someone.

I just had to restart the game and do it all over again. Gezz talk about sloppy game play.

Chris

Back