Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just defeated killer croc.
WOW this game PC directX11 textures are ****ing unreal. running the game at 100 FPS!

WOW the batcave looks amazing. going to play all nite.
story and the soundtrack are sick.

Your like a broken record when it comes to PC.

I have no desire to play this again for some reason It just hasn't pulled me in. I wish they would have skipped this and just let us wait for the Next gen game. I really don't feel games need a yearly installment its like they think their fans will forget about the franchise.

Your like a broken record when it comes to PC.

I have no desire to play this again for some reason It just hasn't pulled me in. I wish they would have skipped this and just let us wait for the Next gen game. I really don't feel games need a yearly installment its like they think their fans will forget about the franchise.

While I think the game is just ok, I agree that we really didn't need this.

Its an ok game don't get me wrong.I loved AA + AC, but with AA it was the batman game everyone was waiting for. We then got AC when that came along it improved upon its predecessor while still keeping what made AA great. This is why i lost interest in FIFA, COD, Assassins creed's yearly titles, there wasn't much new and it became dull and lifeless. Look at GTA, by no means is it the best game ever but the gaps between entries allows them to add much more and improve upon much more and change engines or whatever.

I've been playing this all day and here are my feelings:

The good -

The story so far has been great. I can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out.

Gotham looks great and the new section feels much larger than I'd expected.

The general feel and atmosphere feels much closer to Asylum than City.

The characterisations and voice acting have been excellent.

The bad

The controls. As people have already mentioned, the L1, L2, L3 & L4 triggers have all been switched - and it's INFURIATING and VERY distracting!!! Example: It's annoying when I want to press detective mode in a predator situation and end up throwing a batarang instead and giving away my presence. Or if in combat I want to throw a batarang and end up switching on detective mode. It's really slowing down my game play having to think about what I'm doing instead of automatically doing it.
Hopefully I'll get used to it after time though.

The combat. It feels really clunky and cumbersome. I can't put my finger on it but something just feels a little off.... like it's almost reverted back to how it felt in Asylum. The combat in City felt much smoother than this.
At least it makes it more challenging though I suppose! :lol

Update on my Best Buy CE mix up.

I got my pre-order bonus steelbook case/Robin code and a regular version of the game to play until the CE comes in. Then I return the regular version when I pick up the CE. So I get the CE for the price of the regular version since they screwed up by selling mine.

Guess I will be happy with that!

Update on my Best Buy CE mix up.

I got my pre-order bonus steelbook case/Robin code and a regular version of the game to play until the CE comes in. Then I return the regular version when I pick up the CE. So I get the CE for the price of the regular version since they screwed up by selling mine.

Guess I will be happy with that!

That's assuming IF they get any more in. Considering this its sold out everywhere, its probably unlikely they'll come through.

Got my US collectors edition today. Pretty cool, and much bigger than I thought it would be. TV's in the background light up different colours and project images of Batman and others onto the screens. Lots of other cool stuff came in the box, but I'm sure you guys know that.

Well, off to start playing the game!

98560541-D2F8-4400-93BE-932D5F83FC3D-1356-000000CB39E2D7C1_zps7cd11fec.jpg

A9443F2B-E3C6-4CB5-9BF2-33EB93E7536A-1356-000000CB4C3843A7_zpse96f756b.jpg

D46B6F62-35D4-4E57-81F8-EAFFC47345CE-1356-000000CB55B76FC7_zps36a4327e.jpg

9A21F287-81A3-4870-9040-758D58609E42-1356-000000CB5F249B3C_zpsee2216bd.jpg

F2200745-B24E-4414-8DD7-847E07A61BCF-1356-000000CB6710484D_zps1a64fafa.jpg

4883AEDC-0051-4731-9637-58013219EDBB-1356-000000CB6D6C4FE3_zpsc316d7fe.jpg

2F16E28C-4CC6-4EF2-8B8A-CED10DA16574-1356-000000CB7E630985_zps7990eacc.jpg

E8F814A9-69F1-4CE3-8314-C44C104E5F6C-1356-000000CB94CEDC94_zps6302a663.jpg

588CD07D-D099-47E7-AA47-C773AF582916-1356-000000CBAA8C20CE_zpsf07adda2.jpg

417AF58F-4238-480F-95FE-3ADC4E61EA98-1356-000000CBB50FF394_zpsc8eea5ab.jpg

Chris

What if you try to disable the networking on your ps3 for a bit, will this help bypass the WBlogin busy issue?

Well I got it for the 360...still does it everytime I log in but goes through after waiting a short period of time. Here is one explanation someone gave on the matter....

"The game works fine but it asks you to register a wbid on the warner brothers games website so you can access a bonus skin . because the site is so busy it can't be accessed so the way around it is to disconnect the consoles internet connection temporarily .
The reason the site is so jammed is because the deathstroke dlc that was supposed to be free with pre orders is not available yet ( a bad glitch means they are charging for it ) and everyone who pre ordered the game wants that free dlc . Those users ( me included ) found out that the website has a page where they are asking users to log in and post their platform ( ps3 , xbox 360 pc or wiiU ) and country and a million users have been trying to log in all day jamming the entire site up .

Lucky people got the game early in the day and created the wbid account before the site went down , the rest are being told to disable the internet connection for a day and play offline only until the site can get repaired and hopefully by then the dlc issue will be fixed too ,, and if you can get the game to start after the long wait just play and have fun for now . "

Just have to patient I guess for the time being on this. :gah:

ohh I will play it but this should have being a dlc upgrade to AC.

when I saw that rocksteady was not coming back I knew this game would not be as good as the other ones.

QUOTE]

I completely agree. When I heard Rocksteady wasn't making it, I lost interest. If they were going to make a new Batman game, with a new crew of developers, they should have gone a totally different route. They shouldn't try to mingle in with the previous two games. But being a huge Batman fan, I'll have to play this eventually. I'm just not shelling out full price for it. I can wait.

For the in game store, it says the Black Mask Challenge Pack is free. But when I go to buy it, it only gives me the option to Cancel, and doesn't give any other options.

I thought maybe it was part of some pre-order bonus (I didn't pre-order), but if that was the case, it's weird that they offer to let you download it, if you aren't able to.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

I completely agree. When I heard Rocksteady wasn't making it, I lost interest. If they were going to make a new Batman game, with a new crew of developers, they should have gone a totally different route. They shouldn't try to mingle in with the previous two games. But being a huge Batman fan, I'll have to play this eventually. I'm just not shelling out full price for it. I can wait.

From what I've seen, most aren't saying that its worse, exactly. Just that its basically the same. I've heard the story itself is actually better than AC, the fighting a bit more refined, and the boss-fights much improved. But, also that its uninspired, predictable, and lacks innovation.

That's really to be expected ... whether its Rocksteady or not. AA was groundbreaking. AC was a huge step forward. AO sounds like marked-time rather than a step in any particular direction. If AO had been made second, rather than AC, it sounds like it'd have gotten roughly the same rave reviews AC did ... a step forward from AA, more villains, better fights, bigger world, better gadgets, etc. Since it was third, it basis of comparison is different. It has a comparable and well-loved predecessor.

To be honest, I'm not sure its possible to take a massive step forward after AC. The only real correction that needed to be made were to some boss-fights and the story -- which it sounds like they did.

Given the developer switch, sounds like a solid ground rule double. Not a homerun ... but certainly not the disaster it could've been. I'll be interested to see what Rocksteady does with the sequel ... but, the Batman game genre is getting fairly close to perfected, so I doubt we'll be seeing any major steps forward in Batman games anytime soon.

For what its worth, this is from reviews, not experience. I bought it this evening, but haven't played a lick yet.

EDIT ... Hah!

tumblr_mv8bmxjmxo1qmiynno1_500.jpg

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back