Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your speedy responses, doesn't sound like anything catastrophic (especially if your already a fan). The pizza reference sold me, they should definitely slap that liner on the front when they repackage the goty with dlc's

I've had no freezes or glitches or anything else people reported as bugs but the game is still the very definition of mediocre.

Too much time in the old section of the city we already were in in AC and all those locations are exactly the same, the church, the courthouse, the steel mill...

The Bridge is just ****e. The limited areas of access make zero sense and make traversing it a pain in the ***, I know I have to cross the bridge and it makes me want to stop playing. This is why they really included those fast travel points because honestly, the entire game isn't that huge if not for the fact that your flight abilities suck due to them not allowing you to grapel up too high.

The new section is kind of nice but just too dead and empty. The inability to grapnel places not close to as high as the building you can go up next door can be infuriating. Also I'm on a roof, theres a ledge at the corner of the roof thats literally raised up an inch, not a few feet or anything, an inch and Batman can't step up onto it, he has to walk around it. The game takes too long giving you all your combat moves and by the time you get them to have to relearn your fighting style. It's sloppy and makes fights repetitive and tedious and completley unfun unlike City's combat challenge modes which I still go back to. This kind of **** is terrible and makes you want to just stop playing constantly. It took me 3 tries to finish the last Blackgate mission, which is only like 20-30 mins and just so boring I couldn't get through it.

Oh and I could give two ****s about the Riddlers data packs all over the place. What a tedious worthless, boring, unrewarding achievement.

I payed $8 so whatever I guess but I can safely say I'll never replay this in anyway even to do the new game plus.

Compared to Arkham City which I'll likely go back and play again at some point and have played already like a dozen times through and still play the combat challenge maps regularly like Nightwing etc.

What it comes down to is if you're desperate for Batman and understand what a beta test is and are basically ok with this game feeling like that the entire time go for it. If you skip it you're missing out on nothing. I practically went through withdrawl from AC4 Black Flag. This I was thrilled to be done with so I can get onto the better games I got during this Steam sale.

Can't wait to play this game when I get home, and see the train wrecks that everyone's been talking about :lol.

Only press counter when everything goes into slow-mo. Button mashing will not work in that level (other than in the gas tank/smoke bomb parts).

Thanks, I figured that out eventually tonight. I realized just running in wasn't going to work.

I just beat Copperhead before shutting it off. I like this game so far.

Thanks, I figured that out eventually tonight. I realized just running in wasn't going to work.

I just beat Copperhead before shutting it off. I like this game so far.

Yeah, Deathstroke was incredibly frustrating, at first, but, after getting the hang of it, I think it's my favorite boss battle in the game.

Yea, once you understand his technique, he's pretty easy. Think my fav boss battle was the first encounter with bane. Loved the scenes before and after it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been in this thread in a while. My wife bought me the ps3 collector set when it came out, but I told her to hang on to it for xmas because of all the problems and hoped all patches would fix them by now. Am I reading this right, that the game is still if not more ****ed up? Have they fixed anything?

The Bridge is just ****e. The limited areas of access make zero sense and make traversing it a pain in the ***, I know I have to cross the bridge and it makes me want to stop playing. This is why they really included those fast travel points because honestly, the entire game isn't that huge if not for the fact that your flight abilities suck due to them not allowing you to grapel up too high.

This I agree with. Crossing that thing is a pain in the *** for me right now because I don't have all the fast fly spots opened up because of the Riddler BS.

My PS3 version does skip/glitch every once and a while. No game lock ups or anything like that. My game did lose sound once during a fast fly screen.

And if you're still thinking about getting it the newest bug is you cannot beat the game. :lol

https://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/630800443459734415/#p1

It won't let anyone perform the final beatdown on the Joker in the very last fight of the very last part of the game.

I really hope more of these class action lawsuits pop up.

It appears as if someone found a fix:

Originally posted by Ṛọḅọ ☢:
Greetings gamers.
I have a solution for you, having wrestled with this with much anger myself.

Go to:

SteamFolder\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Origins\SinglePlayer\BMGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini

Look for "NumPadThree" which I found on line 150.
Under that add:
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="TriggerQuickStrike | QuickGadgetX | DebugMenuSelectX | CancelBatarangCamera | Button aQuickStrike")

During the joker beatdown press the 5 key on your numpad (that would be the numbers on the right side of the keyboard. Oh and make sure the numlock is on) to beat down the joker.
Enjoy.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/630800443459734415/#p9

Enjoying this game so far. I really thought there was something incredibly wrong with it at first because it was so glitchy but I think that was due to the deathstroke dlc downloading in the background. Its been fine since.

I'm glad there's a few of you guys enjoying this game. I think what also sets this game apart is the boss fights. It might sound odd, but they are almost as awesome as the boss fights in MGS3 for me.

I haven't been in this thread in a while. My wife bought me the ps3 collector set when it came out, but I told her to hang on to it for xmas because of all the problems and hoped all patches would fix them by now. Am I reading this right, that the game is still if not more ****ed up? Have they fixed anything?

I beat the game around thanksgiving with zero glitches, it was very smooth. Now I just play it every once in awhile on new game plus and only encountered one small glitch where I went to fast travel and it freezes but there's still sound. But that was one time, I haven't encountered anything major since. Btw I'm on Xbox 360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll finally get around to playing this once they finish patching it. I figure I've already waited this long, so...

Done with Copperhead, what a sexy boss :lol and freaking cool battle.

But c'mon, whenever she speaks Spanish she sounds so corny: "Mi veneno es la muerte" sounds ridiculous, when she's in the van she gets it right though, and it's quite funny.

Back