Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to playing this at the weekend. My excitement for the Assassin's Creed franchise has died way down, not going to bother with AC:IV until I have a PS4. Gives me more time to play this and appreciate it.

I'm also just really happy I managed to snag a pre-order for this a while ago on Amazon for £30 on PS3. Cha-ching!

Anyway if you guys are on the fence about this game, here are the pros and cons.

GOOD:
- Great story.
- Similar gampeplay to Arkham City.
- Great voice acting (Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker both
surprised me on how much they sound like a young Conroy and
Hamill).
- Great bosses that rely on hand to hand combat rather than gadgets.
- Bane is done extremely well. And I could swore Harvey Bullock is
voiced by Robert Costanzo. :yess:

BAD:
- Stuttering during gameplay and cutscenes, & surround sound mixing
is a bit off.
- Triggers are switched from what we're used to.
- Gotham seems more lifeless than Arkham City.
- Less predator gameplay during story.
- Similar gampeplay to Arkham City. :lol

Just beat the story mode! Whohoo. Now to do all the side quests. Great game, a solid 8/10. Ask me anything if you guys want.

csox.jpg

How long is it?

Hmm, I finished the story in 2 sittings, I think it's about 10-12 hours for the story alone.

That's not too bad. I can't really remember how long the other game's campaigns were, but I don't think they were much different than this.

Besides, you're only at 24% complete in that picture so you've got all kinds of cool stuff left to do in free play and day plus. :clap

Glad you're enjoying this game man, and I"m super depressed that I still have to wait until Sunday. :(

Just finished the game. Looking forward to replaying it all over. A great origin story to not just Batman, but other characters in the series. Definitely play it if you enjoyed any of the Arkham games.

MEGA SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING:
Spoiler Spoiler:

But all I can say is.....uuuuggghhhhhhhhh how many more times do we need this kind of thing??? :monkey4

Spoiler Spoiler:

No, in Arkham City it was NOT meant to be a Batsignal. It was simply a waypoint marker. Batsignals dont spout out of thin air on pavements etc etc

Actually it IS meant to be the batsignal, Even Rocksteady says so, here is the part of the interview they say it:

Batman: Arkham City E3 2011
"So there is this rumor mill going on and even when you have done something in the game you will hear talk about, and maybe an hour later it has been mutated into something else. That narrative component is coming at you even when you are not in a narrative cinematic. But the main way we keep the player focused is the Bat Signal and so if you need to know where the next mission is, just look in the sky. If you spend 15 hours tackling the Riddler challenges or teaming up with Bane, or doing side missions, actively ignoring the core narrative path, all you have got to do is look for the signal and you will pick up the path from there."

Here is the link to full interview:
https://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/i...steady-on-fan-service-open-world-setting.html

Actually it IS meant to be the batsignal, Even Rocksteady says so, here is the part of the interview they say it:

Batman: Arkham City E3 2011
"So there is this rumor mill going on and even when you have done something in the game you will hear talk about, and maybe an hour later it has been mutated into something else. That narrative component is coming at you even when you are not in a narrative cinematic. But the main way we keep the player focused is the Bat Signal and so if you need to know where the next mission is, just look in the sky. If you spend 15 hours tackling the Riddler challenges or teaming up with Bane, or doing side missions, actively ignoring the core narrative path, all you have got to do is look for the signal and you will pick up the path from there."

Here is the link to full interview:
https://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/i...steady-on-fan-service-open-world-setting.html

Yeah, but it's not really the Batsignal. They are using the imagery as a waypoint marker. The actual symbol sits on GCPD. I think it's very creative on their part. Most games(AC3) use a mini map or just a pop up on the screen. They use iconic imagery linked to the character to show you where you need to go. But it's not meant to be the actual Bat Signal.

Yeah, but it's not really the Batsignal. They are using the imagery as a waypoint marker. The actual symbol sits on GCPD. I think it's very creative on their part. Most games(AC3) use a mini map or just a pop up on the screen. They use iconic imagery linked to the character to show you where you need to go. But it's not meant to be the actual Bat Signal.

I know it sits on GCPD station but that doesn't mean you cant move where the spotlight actually is illuminating to. I think this more then just an imaginary icon and it is meant to actually be the spotlight the batsignal is casting.

Anyways, Arkham Origins, cant wait for tomorrow.

I know it sits on GCPD station but that doesn't mean you cant move where the spotlight actually is illuminating to. I think this more then just an imaginary icon and it is meant to actually be the spotlight the batsignal is casting.

Anyways, Arkham Origins, cant wait for tomorrow.

We can all agree on that. I have to wait to pay day to finish paying for mine. :gah:

This... when they say Bat-Signal they dont mean it as THE Bat Signal per se... its just a waypoint marker. The real Batsignal's signal could be seen on Arkham Asylum in the opening cinematic I remember...

Seems like a lot ppl are dumping thier steam codes on Ebay. I guess they got this part of promotion for buying a certain graphics card.
Currently they seem to be going for $30, but wonder if they will get any cheaper once game releases

Still tempted to wait until Christmas to play this. Batman ties in with Christmas for me for some reason and with this game being set on Christmas Eve, I just think it will be killer firing this game up for the first time on Christmas night. It's going to be a hard wait though I've wanted to play this for ages.

Can't wait for everyone to play it so we can all discuss how menacing Bane can get in that particular bit..

Let's just say I'm scared of grates now. :lol

Back