Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you rearrange the buttons in settings?

Nope, "Controls" in the options are only for displaying the control layout. It really messes with an AA/AC vet like myself. :slap

Also, there's a fair amount of stuttering during gameplay and cutscenes. My PS3 is fine, so I'm guessing they'll be a patch to fix this. There was already a small patch when I first booted the game. The stuttering does get annoying and mostly happens when there's too much stuff on-screen or during transition to a cutscene.

Last edited:
Nope, "Controls" in the options are only for displaying the control layout. It really messes with an AA/AC vet like myself. :slap

Also, there's a fair amount of stuttering during gameplay and cutscenes. My PS3 is fine, so I'm guessing they'll be a patch to fix this. There was already a small patch when I first booted the game. The stuttering does get annoying and mostly happens when there's too much stuff on-screen or during transition to a cutscene.

I have been kind of worried the game may stutter at times. Since Origins is damn near twice the size of AC I'm concerned the PS3 and 360 might not have the power to keep things running smoothly throughout the game.

Yeah Same here, as i'm playing through i feel it's not as Good as Arkham Asylum/City, but it's a Welcoming Addition "Meaning more Batman"

Anyone getting the Vita or 3DS version as well?

I'm going to hold off on Blackgate until reviews start coming in. I only have a 3ds and I'm worried it may not deliver. It seems that only the Vita version of the game was ever showed at conventions and previews.

Playing the game for 5 hours now, figured I took a break. As for my impressions- it's good! Sure, it's nowhere near AA and AC as 90% of the gameplay is recycled from both games and the game starts really slow and it takes awhile for the story to get interesting.

The best part of the game is the new Detective Mode that allows you to reconstruct a crime scene, it's something that definitely should be in Arkham 3.

The worst thing so far is they swapped the triggers. L1 is now Detective mode and R2 is for using the weapons. God that takes ages to get used to. :slap

There's a big plot twist halfway throughout the game. Didn't saw that coming.

I'm very curious if that's going to stick or not. It may be awkward if Arkham hits in a year or so and goes back to the L1, R1 gadget/L2 detective mode system from the previous games. Poor WB Montreal will seem as out of their element as Donnie.:lol

I'm going to hold off on Blackgate until reviews start coming in. I only have a 3ds and I'm worried it may not deliver. It seems that only the Vita version of the game was ever showed at conventions and previews.

Im thinking about the Vita one, but am worried as well that the IOS game will be more fun then then Blackgate as well. Im just itching to get some games for my Vita since it really hasn't done much. Hopefully the PS4 will change all this.

I was thinking about getting the Vita version, but after I read a not so enthusiastic impression of it I decided I might wait until further reviews are released. If anything I will look for it on sale around Black Friday (or ask for it as a present)

My goal is to get a Platinum trophy in every Batman Arkham game.

WB games is doing something that rocksteady never did and that is milking the Arkham Franchise .. it's now on "consoles, PC, mobiles, handhelds" maybe card games next

While the game is mostly the same as Arkham City, there are some great set pieces within the story. The story gets very interesting too so I'm hooked.

And yes, I can confirm that the triggers are SWITCHED in the game and there's NO way to change them. L2 is now for aiming, L1 is for detective mode, R2 is now for using gadgets. That's my biggest complaint so far.

Another nitpick is that on occasion, I got lost due to the level design, this never happened in AA/AC. The surround mix is also weird, and is mostly front loaded and the dialog is difficult to hear, I believe the sound mixing is broken in this game. Other than that I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Last edited:
Something i'm wondering about ..
as playing through the game the Cops wanna arrest Batman "Being an origins story" (not a spoiler since its hinted through the trailers)

Why's The Bat Signal always on? .. in other words what's it doing in an origins game .. i see it happening after GCPD recognizes Batman .. but not from the begining and being on the whole time

739920_10151701590186453_28446881_o.jpg

Something i'm wondering about ..
as playing through the game the Cops wanna arrest Batman "Being an origins story" (not a spoiler since its hinted through the trailers)

Why's The Bat Signal always on? .. in other words what's it doing in an origins game .. i see it happening after GCPD recognizes Batman .. but not from the begining and being on the whole time

739920_10151701590186453_28446881_o.jpg

Thats not a spotlight, that is Batman's "Spidey sense".

Back