Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman : Arkham 3 (2013)

That's SO gonna blow.
Not rocksteady is a major fail.
Maybe, but only MAYBE they keep the whole engine and all alive, but if those try to best more...they might actually make things worse and THAT'S what I think...

Good premise, but to leave Arkham City's ending hanging out there without resolution is just a mistake...

:goodpost: I'm excited about this and the 3DS/Vita game, but hopeful that they'll be back to finish off the AC ending or trilogy, or whatever they need to call it to wrap everything up.

Wasn't it rumoured that another studio was doing Origins so that RS could get started on the next one? That could be true seeing as the rest of this is true.

Excited for the 3DS/Vita games, too.

Yeah, he seems to deny it as often as he announces it! I'm confident he'll be back if the money's right....

He will be back. Isn't like the Guyver royalties are paying the bills :lol

That's SO gonna blow.
Not rocksteady is a major fail.
Maybe, but only MAYBE they keep the whole engine and all alive, but if those try to best more...they might actually make things worse and THAT'S what I think...

Keeping the same engine MIGHT work since it will keep that same atmosphere. But I'm with ya on that, I just don't think it's going to have the same magic at all.

:goodpost: I'm excited about this and the 3DS/Vita game, but hopeful that they'll be back to finish off the AC ending or trilogy, or whatever they need to call it to wrap everything up.

If they concluded the story of sorts, in a 3rd sequel I wouldn't mind if another studio got it to be honest. Arkham City really felt like a mid story game with a giant conclusion in Gotham. That's what I wanted since the first Arkham, a Gotham sandbox :drool

It's set in Gotham on Christmas Eve, with 8 assassins hired to kill Batman. Expect a Returns vibe, all snow and gloom, but with a fully open world to explore.

Since it's before Arkham 1, I fully expect Hamill back in some capacity, maybe even Harey Dent pre-Face.

It's set in Gotham on Christmas Eve, with 8 assassins hired to kill Batman. Expect a Returns vibe, all snow and gloom, but with a fully open world to explore.

Since it's before Arkham 1, I fully expect Hamill back in some capacity, maybe even Harey Dent pre-Face.

Soon as Batman suits up on the roof of the chemical building in AC, with the snow and music I could not help but only think of Batman Returns. Snowy Gotham has such a better mood.

I hope Arleen Sorkin is back for Origins to do Harley.

I'm guessing Rocksteady handed this off, because they're focused on an unannounced next-gen title. :monkey1

Wasn't it rumoured that another studio was doing Origins so that RS could get started on the next one? That could be true seeing as the rest of this is true.

Excited for the 3DS/Vita games, too.

I'm guessing Rocksteady handed this off, because they're focused on an unannounced next-gen title. :monkey1

The rumour I read was that it was Rocksteady working on the prequel, with another studio working on the sequel. Since we now know it's 'another studio' working on the prequel, I'm holding out hope that Rocksteady haven't abandoned their baby and are working on a sequel for next year!

^^^ My guesses as well.

I'm excited. I'd be more excited if it was Rocksteady, but I'm not gonna judge until I see more of it.

If it's an "origin" story, we might actually get a open world Gotham.

I'm confident that this game will be good. I don't think that WB would let their critical darling face a harsh blow for the almighty dollar. It's also been a while since Arkham City, so I think that this game has probably been in development for a while. Personally, if WB Montreal proves they can handle it, I wouldn't mind Rocksteady trying their hand at a redemption story for another hero, Hoop-flying man...err, Superman.:lecture

Hopefully there's some Bruce Wayne/ Bat cave sequences with Alfred in this one.

Yes, please. Also, I presume that when Conroy said he wasn't involved with anything, he was just doing what the studio told him after the "Flashpoint" blowback.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

I liked the Batcave in Arkham, but I wanted to see the REAL Batcave under Wayne Manor.

I want to be able to hop in the Batmobile and take off down the exit tunnel like in the Animated Series. :rock

I'm confident that this game will be good. I don't think that WB would let their critical darling face a harsh blow for the almighty dollar. It's also been a while since Arkham City, so I think that this game has probably been in development for a while. Personally, if WB Montreal proves they can handle it, I wouldn't mind Rocksteady trying their hand at a redemption story for another hero, Hoop-flying man...err, Superman.:lecture

I'd like to see Rocksteady handle a Watchmen game.

:goodpost: There's so much that hasn't even been touched for the Arkham verse yet. In fact, most of the "traditional" things we expect out of batman isn't in the Arkham games. Batcave, Wayne Manor, Gotham City, etc..

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

I liked the Batcave in Arkham, but I wanted to see the REAL Batcave under Wayne Manor.

Yep. I hope there's a sequence where Bruce is inside Wayne Manor and we get to access the hidden door to the Batcave. That would be SO badass.

:goodpost: There's so much that hasn't even been touched for the Arkham verse yet. In fact, most of the "traditional" things we expect out of batman isn't in the Arkham games. Batcave, Wayne Manor, Gotham City, etc..

Exactly. Hopefully they know what the "fans" are expecting without changing to much of what made the old games so fun.

Yep. I hope there's a sequence where Bruce is inside Wayne Manor and we get to access the hidden door to the Batcave. That would be badass.

Exactly. Hopefully they know what the "fans" are expecting without changing to much of what made the old games so fun.

That would be bad ***, it would be cool if it started all the way from Bruce's parents to get shot.

That sequence in Arkham, where you flash to young bruce is just awesome.

GI just released a video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Gotham city confirmed! :rock

That would be bad ***, it would be cool if it started all the way from Bruce's parents to get shot.

That sequence in Arkham, where you flash to young bruce is just awesome.

Having a un-masked Batman sit at the Batcomputer, while thinking about his parents getting shot, and letting us re-play that and many other flash back sequences.:yess:

Back