Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably just cutscenes. But it would be awesome if it was part of the gameplay.

It has been confirmed in the UK Magazine that it will be fully accessible...

From the GamesTM#138 Magizine:
Hanging like blackened teeth from the roof of the cave's mouth, the sea of bats angrily disperses as the Batwing roars through the interior waterfall of Batman's clandestine headquarters. The Batcave is a much larger expanse than the miniature proxy installed beneath Arkham Asylum in the first game. Iconic vehicles stand like trophies on raised platforms, his wardrobe emerges from the thick metallic walkways - enabling player's to switch bonus costumes between missions - and every inch drips with canny references placed for the eagle-eyed - which, aside from a glimpse of a newspaper cutting of the Red Hood spotted in Gotham, proves GamesTM certainly is not. But it also serves as a practical base for Batman to upgrade equipment and polish abilities. The most notable addition being Challenge Maps, a separate feature of previous entries , now accessible from the Batcave.

Hanging like blackened teeth from the roof of the cave's mouth, the sea of bats angrily disperses as the Batwing roars through the interior waterfall of Batman's clandestine headquarters. The Batcave is a much larger expanse than the miniature proxy installed beneath Arkham Asylum in the first game. Iconic vehicles stand like trophies on raised platforms, his wardrobe emerges from the thick metallic walkways - enabling player's to switch bonus costumes between missions - and every inch drips with canny references placed for the eagle-eyed - which, aside from a glimpse of a newspaper cutting of the Red Hood spotted in Gotham, proves GamesTM certainly is not. But it also serves as a practical base for Batman to upgrade equipment and polish abilities. The most notable addition being Challenge Maps, a separate feature of previous entries , now accessible from the Batcave.

^^That sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully this game delivers everything that we've been shown and promised.

Definitely. That sounds amazing. After seeing the Collector's Edition, that trailer, and, now, reading this, my hype is at an all time high!:rock

Awesome. Let's hope there are some BW segments too. :pray:

Just like splinter cell blacklist, the change in voice actor seems to be the only thing amiss. It's just downright annoying. Why do it? It just takes you straight out of the game.

I like Chris Redfield as batman (from the trailers) but not after 2 games of Conroy already.

I'm starting to wonder if the Origins batsuit IS the armored version of whatever his original suit is.

An explore able Wayne Manor would be incredible also.

:lecture Yeah man. I've always dreamed of a Batman game with TOTAL freedom. More than just another sandbox GTA clone though...in addition to the several dozen chapters of the main game story + side missions etc, certain key locations such as Wayne Manor, the Batcave, police HQ etc would be rendered in total detail, you'd be able to change from Batman to Bruce Wayne at will (as long as you did it under concealment of course) + have access to ALL of the iconic versions of the Batsuit, Batmobile and other vehicles, included or through DLC.

Imagine a Batman game where you as Bruce Wayne are hosting some type of benefit gala in the fully explorable Wayne Manor when the Batsignal is lit. Part one of the mission is to politely slip out without anyone noticing you leave. When you get downstairs to the Batcave, and open your vault, you could wear the TDK batsuit (or the 66, or 89, or Returns, or ANY comic version) and then go to the "garage" section and scroll through DOZENS of versions of the Batmobile before selecting the 89 (or Animated, or 66, or Tumbler) before speeding out into the night.

In some missions (but not too many) you wouldn't be able to transform into Batman at all for a while. Kind of like the first part of Arkham City, but with a bit more of a challenge to maintain the illusion of your Wayne identity. For example you're at a Wayne Enterprises board meeting and the building is hijacked/occupied (ala TDKR style with Bane) and you can't get back to your office where you keep a spare batsuit in an emergency hidden compartment... until you first somehow dispatch a bunch of thugs without raising too much suspicion from witnesses of your hand-to-hand combat skill. There could be a suspicion meter or something to remind you not to get too fancy with the combos or the mission fails because your Batman identity is suspected.

And of course, it would have the option to be multiplayer co-op, or the single player can switch between controlling multiple different characters on co-op missions with the computer (like the Lego games, but in the Arkham style for detail).

As it is, I don't think Arkham Origins is quite that expansive, but every Batman game seems to add a little more in terms of cool features and freedom...hopefully they keep making them for while and one day, we get there.

:lecture Yeah man. I've always dreamed of a Batman game with TOTAL freedom. More than just another sandbox GTA clone though...in addition to the several dozen chapters of the main game story + side missions etc, certain key locations such as Wayne Manor, the Batcave, police HQ etc would be rendered in total detail, you'd be able to change from Batman to Bruce Wayne at will (as long as you did it under concealment of course) + have access to ALL of the iconic versions of the Batsuit, Batmobile and other vehicles, included or through DLC.

Imagine a Batman game where you as Bruce Wayne are hosting some type of benefit gala in the fully explorable Wayne Manor when the Batsignal is lit. Part one of the mission is to politely slip out without anyone noticing you leave. When you get downstairs to the Batcave, and open your vault, you could wear the TDK batsuit (or the 66, or 89, or Returns, or ANY comic version) and then go to the "garage" section and scroll through DOZENS of versions of the Batmobile before selecting the 89 (or Animated, or 66, or Tumbler) before speeding out into the night.

In some missions (but not too many) you wouldn't be able to transform into Batman at all for a while. Kind of like the first part of Arkham City, but with a bit more of a challenge to maintain the illusion of your Wayne identity. For example you're at a Wayne Enterprises board meeting and the building is hijacked/occupied (ala TDKR style with Bane) and you can't get back to your office where you keep a spare batsuit in an emergency hidden compartment... until you first somehow dispatch a bunch of thugs without raising too much suspicion from witnesses of your hand-to-hand combat skill. There could be a suspicion meter or something to remind you not to get too fancy with the combos or the mission fails because your Batman identity is suspected.

And of course, it would have the option to be multiplayer co-op, or the single player can switch between controlling multiple different characters on co-op missions with the computer (like the Lego games, but in the Arkham style for detail).

As it is, I don't think Arkham Origins is quite that expansive, but every Batman game seems to add a little more in terms of cool features and freedom...hopefully they keep making them for while and one day, we get there.

I always wanted something like that, as well. You hit pretty much every nail on the head. Make it happen, folks.

Cool ideas. Sounds good to me. Like you said they seem to get one step closer each time, so eventually I think it'll happen

in my opinion i think rocksteady is doing that for their next game, (already kinda confirmed by kevin conroy)

What exactly was kinda confirmed by Conroy?

He accidentally mentioned he was working on a new Arkham game for the past 9 months during a panel not too long ago. Poor Conroy, always getting himself into trouble because he was doing for the fans. :(

That dude shouldn't answer to anybody. He's Batman, for Pete's sake. As far as I'm concerned, Conroy can say whatever he wants, because he's got WB by the *****, as far as fan support goes. :lol

That dude shouldn't answer to anybody. He's Batman, for Pete's sake. As far as I'm concerned, Conroy can say whatever he wants, because he's got WB by the *****, as far as fan support goes. :lol

While he IS the goddamn Batman, I think Kevin is a bit too humble in that he avoids getting into trouble despite he has all the right to say what he wants (except when there's an NDA of course).

Remember when he was scared to do the Venture Bros show? Or when he first gave his honest opinion on Bale but later at another panel he had to avoid the subject all together? :slap

I've dreamt of this for a long time.

While he IS the goddamn Batman, I think Kevin is a bit too humble in that he avoids getting into trouble despite he has all the right to say what he wants (except when there's an NDA of course).

Remember when he was scared to do the Venture Bros show? Or when he first gave his honest opinion on Bale but later at another panel he had to avoid the subject all together? :slap

Yeah, but with stuff like this, perhaps it would be in their best interest to inform him of the other projects (like this one) so that he doesn't slip up. This one's on WB.

Back