Premium Format Batman Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love ss and have collected them nearly 15 Years. In the past I would order about 5k a year from them. I now have less than 1k on PO (Jean and Emma and Valkyrie) which are easy cancels. So truthfully I am starting to cut back due to pricing. I like this Arkham Bats. I like the Red Son. I like their Vader and Fett PF'S. But...with the higher prices and ultra es I don't feel compelled to order...at all.

Totally agree. I have Grey Hulk, Emma, and Arkham bats on PO. If that Imaginarium Hulkbuster POs and it's within my range, I will cancel or sell Grey Hulk and Emma for sure along with a couple other SSC pieces from home. I was very much considering Boba and Vader last SDCC as well and now...zero interest. I pretty much hate variants so Red Son was never on my radar but that cost is just ridiculous. I'm pretty much in for most non variant Batman PFs but RPs made the Arkham PO justifiable. I will PO Spidey but even that above $470 would make me think VERY HARD or just wait for a bargain on a regular down the line. They are definitely getting close to the breaking point I think.

how long do preorders stay open? I'm still thinking about this one especially because I pre-ordered the Joker and it's going to look kind of dumb by himself

SS usually sells out of the exclusive version within a couple to a few months after an item goes up for pre-order, but the reg usually is available for at least a few months after it starts shipping out. If this exclusive version of this is something you absolutely have to have I'd say the sooner you order it the better, but if the exclusive isn't a must have for you then you could probably wait until this thing starts shipping before you order it.

EX es is 750. Surprised it's lower than Joker.

Pose is very awkward on the piece. I desperately wanted to pick this up for my collection but the Arkham Bats PF just didn't do it for me personally. I thought Joker on the other hand turned out excellent. Especially the EX.

Its a nice hook but they'll probably inflate the regulars' es to make up for it. Joker regular is still TBD

If you want Joker the exclusive is a must IMO, but I'm not crazy about Batman's pose and the exclusive isn't that compelling.

I think the fact that another company is making a 1:3 scale version hurt sales on this one.

IMHO that assessment will really depend on the price of the 1/3 scale version. If Prime's 1/3 scale version retails in the neighborhood of their Transformers sculpts ($2,300+)...then I would say there is likely a small niche of collectors that have the disposable income to buy that product. So if we are talking about a small niche of customers that may prefer the 1/3 version over the 1/4 scale version....it is unclear if Sideshow's revenues would really be hurt. You could also take the point of view that if you are a huge Batman fan with the disposable income to potentially drop $2,300 on the 1/3 version...you likely could afford to pick up the 1/4 version as well.

IMHO that assessment will really depend on the price of the 1/3 scale version. If Prime's 1/3 scale version retails in the neighborhood of their Transformers sculpts ($2,300+)...then I would say there is likely a small niche of collectors that have the disposable income to buy that product. So if we are talking about a small niche of customers that may prefer the 1/3 version over the 1/4 scale version....it is unclear if Sideshow's revenues would really be hurt. You could also take the point of view that if you are a huge Batman fan with the disposable income to potentially drop $2,300 on the 1/3 version...you likely could afford to pick up the 1/4 version as well.
I would agree. As my taste for more expensive pieces has increased I find the ss pieces very affordable. I find I'm not getting ss pieces mostly due to pose selections. I v had issues with ss poses for years but now I have more choices

I'm hearing rumblings of $1200 for the Prime One version. If it's more than that I am likely out.

I'm ONLY interested in Prime's AO Deathstroke. Not much into 1/3 pieces but will make one exception for him. He basically gets no love in statue form and I really dig the character and just LOVE the AO costume. I think it looks tactical and bad ass. Can't wait for a reveal since Prime already said he's in the works.

Was on the fence with this one but sideshow just sent me an email saying there were 5 Batman Busts available...just canceled this order and scooped up the bust.

This batman is coming out earlier then expected ... With an ES of only 750 for the EX it come out feb now :D

Back