Premium Format Batman Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want it, but this is one of those rare times I want to see what the edition size will be. Maybe if it's low, I'll consider picking it up. I just don't feel comfortable paying $470 for this piece.

As a fan of Batman and the Arkham games, this one and the Joker are going to be tough to resist. However, when I look at my Keaton PF which is a great piece for $400 with its elaborate Batcave base and similar mixed media cape then compare it to this Arkham PF...I'm really having a hard time seeing where that extra $70 is going in this piece.

$470 lol we need to show them were not THAT desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if SSC had to pay Rocksteady any fees bumping this up from the MA Bats at $430. Lets hope this 470 is isolated.

Last edited:
I cancelled my Arkham Joker PF and decided against ordering this. The price increases is hard to justify. I've had more intricate and bigger Premium Format pieces for a lot less. Sure, you can blame the cost of licensing and making these pieces has gone up, but a $100 increase in a year and half span for Premium Format figures is not justifiable to me. Add to that the fact that Sideshow PFs are still a hit or miss when it comes to quality control and the fact that the edition sizes are still huge and you start wondering if this hobby is still worth it.

I've decided to stop buying any more Premium Format Figures going forwards and just pay off the last 3 I have on Flex Pay (Batgirl, Power Girl and Vampirella). I didn't make this decision lightly, I am a huge Batman fan and a huge fan of the Arkham games, but for me at least, I've made the decision that won't be spending my money on Sideshow statues if these prices persist.

My collection going forwards will mostly comprise of other manufacturers like Gaming Heads for the Mass Effect line, Kotobuiya for some DC and Marvel licenses and Yamato for some Fantasy Figure Gallery stuff and compliment it with Sixth Scale figures for the licenses I can't get in 1/4th scale by dropping Sideshow; Hot Toys Batman Arkham Asylum figure is an example.

I do like kind of like this but problem is SS has taken the fun out of collecting. Everytime something new comes out its priced higher and with no ES/or a very large one. I then tell myself...well I'm gonna wait and think this out. Meanwhile a competitor puts something out and I feel the rush/urgency to place my order. After working my budget it becomes very easy to let the SS piece go. Come on SS, make it fun again.

I cancelled my Arkham Joker PF and decided against ordering this. The price increases is hard to justify. I've had more intricate and bigger Premium Format pieces for a lot less. Sure, you can blame the cost of licensing and making these pieces has gone up, but a $100 increase in a year and half span for Premium Format figures is not justifiable to me. Add to that the fact that Sideshow PFs are still a hit or miss when it comes to quality control and the fact that the edition sizes are still huge and you start wondering if this hobby is still worth it.

I've decided to stop buying any more Premium Format Figures going forwards and just pay off the last 3 I have on Flex Pay (Batgirl, Power Girl and Vampirella). I didn't make this decision lightly, I am a huge Batman fan and a huge fan of the Arkham games, but for me at least, I've made the decision that won't be spending my money on Sideshow statues if these prices persist.

My collection going forwards will mostly comprise of other manufacturers like Gaming Heads for the Mass Effect line, Kotobuiya for some DC and Marvel licenses and Yamato for some Fantasy Figure Gallery stuff and compliment it with Sixth Scale figures for the licenses I can't get in 1/4th scale by dropping Sideshow; Hot Toys Batman Arkham Asylum figure is an example.

I like your train of thought. I'm on the hook for 7 more PF's and two comiquettes myself. I'm considering canceling one of the PF's (Boba Fett) and going with the 1/4 Hot Toys Fett just because I'm much more confident that the HT version's QC will be superior.

I'm with you on Gaming Heads. They're putting out some good stuff. I'm all in for the Mass Effect line as well. Garrus turned out great and the rest of the line looks promising so far. Also, their Kratos on Throne and new Lara Croft look fantastic IMO. Speaking of Kratos on Throne, when I can get something that awesome for $500 it is REALLY hard to justify paying almost that much for this Arkham Bats.

I agree with all of you. I suppose I would have thought much harder about POing this if the RPs didn't drop it to $400. But future POs with this price tag I will prob pass on 99% of them. The higher prices and lower quality standards make it easy to either return for full refunds or just not PO at all.

I agree with all of you. I suppose I would have thought much harder about POing this if the RPs didn't drop it to $400. But future POs with this price tag I will prob pass on 99% of them. The higher prices and lower quality standards make it easy to either return for full refunds or just not PO at all.

I can honestly say I've considered using some RPs on the Arkham Joker just because i really want a 1/4 scale Joker in my collection and the original Joker PF is pretty much out of my range at this point. Mark Hamill's version of the Joker in the Arkham games and BTAS is probably my favorite portrayal of the character and I believe the Arkham PF can still fit in nicely with my Comics Batman and Harley PFs. He may even look OK with Keaton. Some have said he has a resemblance to Nicholson. :lol

The price hikes really have me worried what Aquaman is going to cost. I doubt we'll even get a preview before SDCC. BUt hey look at all the new variants of the the Big 3. I kind of like this piece. I don't much care for the pose or price though.

I can honestly say I've considered using some RPs on the Arkham Joker just because i really want a 1/4 scale Joker in my collection and the original Joker PF is pretty much out of my range at this point. Mark Hamill's version of the Joker in the Arkham games and BTAS is probably my favorite portrayal of the character and I believe the Arkham version can still fit in nicely with my Comics Batman and Harley PFs. He may even look OK with Keaton. Some have said he has a resemblance to Nicholson. :lol

Now that you mention it I can see a Nicholson resemblance.

Hey Guys

I am only getting into Batman scene, and have already purchased a ton of batman graphic novels, such as: View attachment 183779View attachment 183780View attachment 183781 I am wanting to purchase my first Batman statue. But it seems some of the comments here have steered me away from the pose of this Statue. I however found this custom 21" and need opinions from the Batman experts out there whether or not this one actually looks better or worse than sideshows PF figure, and whether or not its worth to get?. View attachment 183777View attachment 183778
That's a custom statue called Big Bat that was made by Killer Kits in England. I believe there were 25 made, and he's 1/5 scale. Fantastic statue which comes in two pieces (figure and base), and is if I remember right, around 21' tall on the base. The base however isn't flat (at least mine isn't), and would need to be worked on, or the figure would need to be pinned to the base for stability. It is a kit after all. This particular one can pass for a representation of the game as a substitute if you want (it was made in the late 90s early 2000s however, and is actually a comic representation of the character). Also, it's a smaller scale from the SS Arkham Batman which is 1/4 scale. Bottom line, you need to decide what works for your collection, and not listen to what other people think. If you're a new collector, welcome to the asylum. Get both;)

Honestly this is the first time I found a pose that horrible and weird that I had to comment on it. It looks awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back