Premium Format Batman Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they release a better Batman in a better pose I'll buy. Hopefully I don't have to wait long.

I think this one looks really awkward. Pass for me. But with these new higher price points, I will be saying that more and more.

Hard to believe in the short time I have been collecting, there were still PF's being sold at $299 when I started out...

Ain't it the truth. One of my first purchases was Gambit PF for $270:lol

I don't really think it's that awkward. He's stepping forward while throwing his left hand back for the incoming punch. I think if I buy this though I may have to cut Darkseid off my buy list.

if that was the case his right leg should be behind him more..his body should appear narrow (fight stance)..instead his lower body is saying I just threw the punch and its fully extended while his upper body is saying lets wind up for the big right…its two totally different messages…I wanted to love it but I can't have another awkward posed bats

if that was the case his right leg should be behind him more..his body should appear narrow (fight stance)..instead his lower body is saying I just threw the punch and its fully extended while his upper body is saying lets wind up for the big right…its two totally different messages…I wanted to love it but I can't have another awkward posed bats

I see what you're talking about, it's almost as if he's walking forward with his hand cocked back, which he kinda does in the game but it's not the most dramatic of poses they could have chosen from. The question is, will they do another Arkham Batman....

And I disagree that the First Pf is awkward, sorry it's just classic to me.

I would have preferred him to be just standing straight. They should have made the base bigger so his legs could have extended more.

I see what you're talking about, it's almost as if he's walking forward with his hand cocked back, which he kinda does in the game but it's not the most dramatic of poses they could have chosen from. The question is, will they do another Arkham Batman....

And I disagree that the First Pf is awkward, sorry it's just classic to me.

I don't think they will, at least anytime soon (maybe 3 years after arkham knight)…but at the same time am I buying to say I own an arkham bats or am I buying bcz its a good statue? lol if you picture him walking in this pose it looks like he's dragging his right leg with him while trying to defend himself

The first pf to me (and I own it not 'bashing' etc) is a mixture of too many things…they went for batman throwing batarang (ex), and then they went with the one knee over the gargoyle, and then they went with him looking off left. Any ONE of those ideas is/would be fantastic imo, but doing all 3 at once means he's aiming his batarang to the right, his lower body to the left and his upper body to the middle. Add in the 2 heads, one that goes WAY left, and then the straight down one just really is unnatural to me…i LOVE the base, and if he was just pieced together a little smoother I think it would be SO much easier on the eyes.

The first pf to me (and I own it not 'bashing' etc) is a mixture of too many things…they went for batman throwing batarang (ex), and then they went with the one knee over the gargoyle, and then they went with him looking off left. Any ONE of those ideas is/would be fantastic imo, but doing all 3 at once means he's aiming his batarang to the right, his lower body to the left and his upper body to the middle. Add in the 2 heads, one that goes WAY left, and then the straight down one just really is unnatural to me…i LOVE the base, and if he was just pieced together a little smoother I think it would be SO much easier on the eyes.

For what it's worth...I totally agree with you. As a huge Batman fan I should love the PF...but at the end of the day I simply like it.

I don't think they will, at least anytime soon (maybe 3 years after arkham knight)…but at the same time am I buying to say I own an arkham bats or am I buying bcz its a good statue? lol if you picture him walking in this pose it looks like he's dragging his right leg with him while trying to defend himself

See I don't see it that way. He has the batarang out, ready,.one leg up on the gargoyle to leap off at any moment and I use the long eared head which is looking more straight on and a tad down, as if he's surveying whats below. To me that is Batman, which is why I love the first PF.

It kinda looks like he was drugged and the drugs are kicking in and he's kind of stumbling/tipping over while trying to fight it off. Or at least that's how it's easiest to describe it in my head! :lol

Poses are so important to statues, and Joker's looks great! They keep showing the pair facing one another, so I guess we're supposed to think Batman is about to attack Joker, but most who get these aren't going to face them towards one another, so the best way to do it would be to simply make them individual statues that compliment one another simply by look and style...pretty much the same way the Batman/Joker PFs did a few years ago.

I think there are loads of better poses they could've chosen, as the sculpt looks beautiful! And the suit looks amazing! I mean, this is a great looking statue...it's just such an odd pose. His leg movements don't really look too natural. A few other options that would have looked better, in my opinion, are:

I mean, this is basic, but it works so well! It's the Arkham pose we all know from Asylum because it's on the cover. It's a badass Batman ready to take it all on himself! This could also work with Joker as though he's simply staring him down, but it also just works as a, "I'm Batman," piece.

Batman-arkham-asylum-artwork-batman.jpg

He didn't have to be looking up, but even having him throwing the Bataran with one hand while the other is outstretched, or clenched with the other three as per the EX would work nicely...so long as the legs were properly positioned:

batman_arkham_asylum.jpg

A least likely option -- especially since the previous one was on a ledge as well, would be this pose. I mean, a lot of the game is spent in this pose...but again, it'd be a lot smaller than most would probably like.

batman-arkham-city-screenshots.jpg

Just an action pose in general, where it looks like he's fighting off some guys. This may be less likely to work depending on how he'd look...but you can just see how his legs are actually bent like he's in combat and not stuck in cement. Just an example of an action pose that's more dynamic...it'd definitely need to be tweaked.

Origins2.jpg.jpg

Or how about go for broke and take the endgame shot where he's just winding right up at Joker! Again, it'd need to be tweaked, but his legs are again more in motion and it gives it a more dynamic look.

2198922-joker_fight_1309232528.jpg

In the end, the sculpt is great, his suit looks fantastic, and it really does look like it jumped out of the game! I'm happy for those who like it and are aiming to pick it up!

For what it's worth...I totally agree with you. As a huge Batman fan I should love the PF...but at the end of the day I simply like it.
exactly!..and as an OCD batman fan where everything has to be perfect, the twist at the hips bugs me. It sucks because you're forced to choose between showing him from the side, with the cape over the shoulder (which hides the body and EX hand), to the other which skews the view of the base and really embellishes the leg twist…sigh..its why Im selling mine and looking for that one definitive awesome batman statue.

See I don't see it that way. He has the batarang out, ready,.one leg up on the gargoyle to leap off at any moment and I use the long eared head which is looking more straight on and a tad down, as if he's surveying whats below. To me that is Batman, which is why I love the first PF.

300131-batman-007.jpg

This is sorta what Im talking about…his chest is DIRECTLY forward facing me, whereas his legs and head veer off to the side. It reminds me of the old school photos you would get taken from department stores where they're like, "Ok chest out, leg crossed, inhale, head to the side, look over there...FREEZE!"

personally I love the b&w pose. that in 1/4 scale would kick ass.

Attachments

• 0311_dcd_bmbw.jpg
    0311_dcd_bmbw.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 305
This would have been a sure buy for me if they did it like thisPD14080880868b3.jpg

It's interesting on these boards how a lot of people complaining about the museum poses being too boring for statues, but it seems that sculptors would be better off just using them every time because it's hard to find fault in a static, straight ahead pose. Especially for a more stoic hero like Batman.

Back