BATMAN 89 or BATMAN 92?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to only get one, I'd go with the '89 mostly just because it's the original design. I like the bat logo and the cowl of the BR suit better, but I like the pattern of the muscle suit on the '89 one better. I only have the BR at the moment because the '89 one is a bit pricey.

On a shelf with the DX12 and Adam West Bats, I will say that the BR figure by far has the most shelf presence.

If I had to only get one, I'd go with the '89 mostly just because it's the original design. I like the bat logo and the cowl of the BR suit better, but I like the pattern of the muscle suit on the '89 one better. I only have the BR at the moment because the '89 one is a bit pricey.

On a shelf with the DX12 and Adam West Bats, I will say that the BR figure by far has the most shelf presence.

I'm glad I was able to get both, I agree with you on the cowl and suit for both versions.

I do not have the 1966 Batman but I have no problem believing that Batman 92 has more shelf presence than the DX12.
I have close to 20 Hot Toys figures (after selling a few), the DX12 is the only one I truly hated out of the box; derpy head and weak body.
After a lot of heavy modifications he is now one of my absolute favorites and finally has the shelf presence he deserves.

I just received the DX09.
The only word that comes to mind is GLORIOUS!
A real beauty.

I also find the cape to be highly futzable out of the box, I will not buy a custom cape for this one.
Maybe for the 92 Batman, we'll see when I get it.

Old picture i found in the personal archive simulating some movement, nothing too stressful.

2.jpg

Excellent pose, Vortex! :rock Really lifelike.

As far as custom capes go they definitely have their pros and at the very least are easier to futz. I stripped the lining from my 89 Bats to allow it to drape more naturally and am happy with it but have a custom cape for the 92.

1B3C6F0E-7FD4-445F-9E2F-2148B196B69E.jpeg

65A3A929-11EB-4312-9809-EB43AB4EEE91.jpeg

Excellent pose, Vortex! :rock Really lifelike.

As far as custom capes go they definitely have their pros and at the very least are easier to futz. I stripped the lining from my 89 Bats to allow it to drape more naturally and am happy with it but have a custom cape for the 92.

Cool pics.
I agree about the capes, I can work with the 89 cape but I ordered a custom cape for the 92 figure, it's just too much of a pain to pose properly.

Back