1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I add that as like some people here, the car was covered by a sort of black plastic bag.
I was affraid to be desapointed before open it. But honestly, even it's really expensive and maybye doesn't worth the price asked, it's really well realised and so impressive. Specially the Dashboard wich is really awesome!!!:panic:
The paint is preaty good and whe don't have this plastic feeling saw on the prototype. When you raise the box you understand that they didn't done it in metal, even it would have been great!
For me the only big weak point is the color of the rims, too bright even if it's less marked than on pictures.
For those who removed the wheels, how have you done?

If you are in Europe, don't hesitate to have a look at wanted-toys.com
This retailer is really cool and have really interesting prices!

See you soon!
:wink1:

Hi everybody!

Finally i got one!

After the cancellation of my ex-retailer, i was trying to forget this beauty when i saw all the crazy offers. But i don't know why, thursday evening, i had a look a last time on e-bay to convince me that now it's eally too expensive and i saw an offer from a retailer at 25 kms (15 miles ) from my house at a really decent price, almost the same of my initial P.O. I didn't think more than 10 seconds and i ordred it! It was his last one!
I took back it this morning! Everything is absolutly perfect and flawless, from the car to the box! When i saw the box i wasn't sure it could fit in my little car!

Even after have red all the post, saw all the pictures, i wasn't prepared for the HUGE size of this Monster!!! It's amazing!

So really happy!

Congratulations on finally getting it. I think it was really well made and worth the asking price. It is expensive but you are getting the Batmobile in a scale that was never done before (I don't think it was ever produced in a larger scale but I could be wrong). The detail is amazing and it is definitely a centerpiece in any collection. Once it sells out I'm sure that the prices will become crazy.

The prices are already becoming crazy! As i said it's not rare to see offers at 1000 €!!! I've even saw 1300€!!!
My retailer explained me yesterday that he sold the dozen he had. He received a last wave of four a few weeks ago and sold everything in a week. I got the last one...:yess:

The largest models prior to this were the Richmans Toys radio-control and the Toynami Cinemaquette.

It s mind-blowing to have these vehicular masterpieces in this scale,it truly is.

Thats lousy but i feel your pain. I had a few that i never had room to display so i sold em. Got the batmobile and sold more. I hate parting with stuff but if its just gonna sit in its box its useless. Lol

Its only temporary my friend :) mine was on display up until a fortnight ago

4yzamane.jpg

but what with searching for a bigger family home and also with new pieces arriving at the dozen, I've had to package it up until I've made more space for the new arrivals and then it will come back out again....besides, still got the 66 Batmobile to contend with yet before we can start talking about display space!!! :lol:lol

I would be curious to know the strengh and the weakness of the HT Batmobile face to the Toynami cinemaquette even if i know that they are completly two differents products in terms of price and maybye quality.
JEDSTER, i seems to me that you own both?( What an happy man isn't it?)
If you have 5 mn don't hesitate to leave your feelings!

Someone can tell me how i can remove the wheels without break something?

Thank you!

:)

The 89 Batmobile just doesn't resonate with with me like the 1960s version from the TV show. The 89 and tumbler are just "meh" in comparison.

The prices are already becoming crazy! As i said it's not rare to see offers at 1000 €!!! I've even saw 1300€!!!
My retailer explained me yesterday that he sold the dozen he had. He received a last wave of four a few weeks ago and sold everything in a week. I got the last one...:yess:

I guess it's a different situation in Europe. It's still available for $629.99 + shipping at Sideshow's website. However, I won't be surprised if it sells out one of these days. The 89 batmobile looks amazing with all the details especially on the dashboard.

Its only temporary my friend :) mine was on display up until a fortnight ago

4yzamane.jpg

but what with searching for a bigger family home and also with new pieces arriving at the dozen, I've had to package it up until I've made more space for the new arrivals and then it will come back out again....besides, still got the 66 Batmobile to contend with yet before we can start talking about display space!!! :lol:lol

I LOVE your display base. :clap

The 89 Batmobile just doesn't resonate with with me like the 1960s version from the TV show. The 89 and tumbler are just "meh" in comparison.

To each his own. I'm at the total opposite of your spectrum. To me if I didn't have enough space and cash and be just able to get 2 of the 3 Batmobiles, the George Barris Batmobile's got to give.

For me, whenever I hear "Batmobile" the design from the 89 film is always what I think of. With the animated series version a close second. The long front end and fins with the fire shooting out of the back (sorry Forever version but i dont think batman would go with the neon lights, nice try though). Personally I think the tumbler is the tumbler I don't really consider it a batmobile. And the dark knight rises didn't help with that opinion with all of the camo tumblers rolling around. Could you imagine several burton batmobile roaming the streets of gotham at the same time? That's tough for me. I like the idea that the batmobile is batmans special, one of a kind car and the 89 version says "batman" much more than the militaristic tumbler, even if it is painted black. But that's just me.

To each his own. I'm at the total opposite of your spectrum. To me if I didn't have enough space and cash and be just able to get 2 of the 3 Batmobiles, the George Barris Batmobile's got to give.

It would be interesting to see a poll as to the popularity of these respective vehicles. I didn't come here to offend anyone. I was merely reading this thread to get some kind of idea of what to expect from Hot Toys regarding their release of the 1960s Batmobile as to size, price, quality, detail etc.

I suspect preference is related to the potential consumers age when introduced to the Batman franchise. I grew up coming home from school in the 70's and watching the 1960 series in syndication in the afternoons along with Hogan's Heros, Gilligan's Island, I dream of Jeannie etc.

It would be interesting to see a poll as to the popularity of these respective vehicles. I didn't come here to offend anyone. I was merely reading this thread to get some kind of idea of what to expect from Hot Toys regarding their release of the 1960s Batmobile as to size, price, quality, detail etc.

I suspect preference is related to the potential consumers age when introduced to the Batman franchise. I grew up coming home from school in the 70's and watching the 1960 series in syndication in the afternoons along with Hogan's Heros, Gilligan's Island, I dream of Jeannie etc.

I don't think you offended anyone at all. It was a matter of opinion :1-1:

And I suspected correctly, I knew that you must be more connected to the 60's TV series, while I am a child of the 80's. I enjoyed the re-runs of the 60's show on TV, but I fell in love with everything Batman when I was 10, when I saw Burton's Batman in the theaters back in '89.

I grew up during the 70's and faithfully watched the 60's reruns every day plus all the cartoon versions. The 89 Batmobile will ALWAYS be my favorite.

Back