1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, and what does he do with the ones that AREN'T flawless??

AFAIK his inventory was pretty much perfect and he's completely sold out of them now. I haven't heard of any complaints from anybody who bought theirs from CSC, but I'll tell you what, I'll return mine and then if he suddenly has one in stock you can order it from him and we'll see if you get mine, deal? :nana:

I hope I find out what the shipping quotes are tomorrow. I can't wait! I might have to cancel my order if I find out that the shipping quotes are too high, that is only if the spencer dude isn't flexible. I don't even have 200$ on me at the moment.

AFAIK his inventory was pretty much perfect and he's completely sold out of them now. I haven't heard of any complaints from anybody who bought theirs from CSC, but I'll tell you what, I'll return mine and then if he suddenly has one in stock you can order it from him and we'll see if you get mine, deal? :nana:

Thanks for the offer, but I already got a perfect one from SS. It came via USP and the shipper box was so banged up that there was a 5-6 in tear right through on oneside, and multiple smaller dents and tears all over.

You think one retailer got a "pretty much perfect" stock?? And yours would've been perfect too, if not for that pesky UPS screwing it up?? :rotfl

You picked the wrong icon man, you are :ignore: reality.

But let's say your theory is right, and despite about 45% of the Batmobiles arriving with scratches (of SS members who voted)...CSC managed to somehow, someway get a "pretty much perfect" shipment...let's say they got a 90% flawless shipment. What about the 10%? If they are sold out, that means he sold some damaged ones too.

There are 2 reports so far where members have received a BBTS inspection note in the box certifying it is perfect but when it arrived there was damage in pretty much the same area as everyone else.
:

Make that 3. Received from BBTS friday with inspection note. It has a single, clearly evident scratch in the typical location anterior to the passenger side round window. Bad HT week for me as catwoman's mask broke on thurs.

i dont believe most of the peeps that voted {NO, perfect} in the poll threead really.LOL specially when their locations are pretty far and away from sideshow and other retailers and most batches are damaged...collectors that do not have the problem are either lucky, lieing or not looking hard enough

most reviewers and youtubers have blemishs...my friends have had teh scratches, i've had the scratchse and i'm on my 4th!:monkey2
Mine arrived with a scratch-free canopy from Alter Ego. I'm in the middle of the country. Not lying, you can check my photos, just lucky.

i dont believe most of the peeps that voted {NO, perfect} in the poll threead really.LOL specially when their locations are pretty far and away from sideshow and other retailers and most batches are damaged...collectors that do not have the problem are either lucky, lieing or not looking hard enough

most reviewers and youtubers have blemishs...my friends have had teh scratches, i've had the scratchse and i'm on my 4th!:monkey2

Bollox, my friend Bollox.
I got mine shipped from SS to Europe. Small dent on box, a couple of scuffs on cocoon, but Batmobile is pristine. It's the luck of the draw.

Lucky? perhaps, but lying or not looking hard enough? Jesus get over yourself. That's the most obnoxious and juvenile post I've seen in here.

Mine arrived with a scratch-free canopy from Alter Ego. I'm in the middle of the country. Not lying, you can check my photos, just lucky.

Hi mine also canopy free of those awful deep scratches but with the touch light "test" you can some minor one, what about yours?

From Little red dot

Just want to add my name to those disagreeing with this statement. I live in New York. .. clear other side of the country from SS, and mine arrived without a scratch (even though the box was pretty banged up). But you don't have to take my word for it, I've posted pictures in this thread.

Hi mine also canopy free of those awful deep scratches but with the touch light "test" you can some minor one, what about yours?

From Little red dot
There are no scratches on mine around the canopy, torch light or not. I'm sure if I inspected the entire car under a black light I'd find some imperfections, but at this point I wouldn't know if they came with the car or if I caused them while shuffling this beast around.

There are no scratches on mine around the canopy, torch light or not. I'm sure if I inspected the entire car under a black light I'd find some imperfections, but at this point I wouldn't know if they came with the car or if I caused them while shuffling this beast around.

I have some but I'm able to live with it, mine from what I see it should came from production and handling not due to shipment. Even thought hate this imperfection but what to do.. One side of the canopy if no bright light hardly see, one just below the front air incoming nozzle.

From Little red dot

Here's a photo of mine parked where its actually displayed:

9544161852_a5ae894082_b.jpg

Last edited:
He drives it back to sideshow and probably gets a replacement. It's only 45 minutes away from the CSC store.

It doesn't matter if he's right next door to Sideshow. You think they're taking back damaged, opened products so that CSC or any retailer will have perfect stock? Why, because SS wants to increase their own stock of damaged Batmobiles? While at the same time, dragging their feet accepting returns from customers?

In fact, it's been several weeks now since this issue first showed up. Has ANYONE here successfully returned a Batmobile to SS and received a full refund yet?

Yeah, and what does he do with the ones that AREN'T flawless??

Haven't been a part of this convo, but I will say Richard is a stand up guy. I've personally witnessed him opening ss statues prior to shipping and upon finding a damaged piece, sending it back to ss. Now some of this business with the scratches is going to be highly subjective, to say the least. A gouge maybe, but a scratch? Doubtful. If you're local and can pick up, that's your best option, but with a bill on the shipping and a lick on the price, I can't see anyone returning but the worst of the worst. As someone mentioned, same deal with the samurai predator.... :peace

Haven't been a part of this convo, but I will say Richard is a stand up guy. I've personally witnessed him opening ss statues prior to shipping and upon finding a damaged piece, sending it back to ss. Now some of this business with the scratches is going to be highly subjective, to say the least. A gouge maybe, but a scratch? Doubtful. If you're local and can pick up, that's your best option, but with a bill on the shipping and a lick on the price, I can't see anyone returning but the worst of the worst. As someone mentioned, same deal with the samurai predator.... :peace

That what I'm getting at. He may very well be a standup guy that does right by his customers. I don't think anyone in this whole fiasco, SS and HT included, set out to purposely screw people over with damaged Batmobiles. But retailers (and SS) are stuck between a rock and a hard place now. They have Batmobiles in stock and taking up space that they now know have a good chance of being damaged. Who is going to eat the cost (and the headache) to take them off their hands? These are like hot potatoes. No one wants this headache of trying to get rid of them. If SS were to take them back, that's just MORE damaged Batmobiles that they're stuck with dealing with and MORE potential complaints and returns if they try to sell them. Even if Hot Toys was taking returns (which there is no evidence that they are) SS and the retailers can't return them without paying a lot for shipping. What are they supposed to do to get rid of their stock without losing a lot of money?

9547970772_89d19762da_m.jpg

Finally got around to opening a Flickr account. This is my 'inspeced' car from BBTS.

Last edited:
Back